Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I really liked on my 4+ hour drive home was how the suspension would raise when it sensed bumpy roads. I suspect that was already there on newer models but it's new to me.
Interesting. Coming from a Raven LR S, it never ‘auto raised’ over bumps. It definitely absorbed them better than say my wife’s Honda Pilot. But never raised. I did feel it (and hear it) going from Low to Standard due to speed changes.

Okay but take a photo anyway. I’d like to see the ebony wood.
PXL_20210628_203547389.MP.jpg

A bit sad and pathetic but I will admit to you all that I named my car, after much thought I choose Speedbird 1, a tip of the hat to the call sign of the British Airways Concorde flight between my original hometown (london) and my new one nyc) … sorry, there you go, I admitted it…haters don’t hate ! Anybody care to share theirs or am I the only sad one here?

It don't need no Dragy, that's all I'm sayin'
That’s the absolute truth! No matter how many times I press on it, it still surprises me. I haven’t yet felt any need to find the right place and even try a launch in drag strip mode. It’s just that strong driving around “casually” in plaid mode. Feels like warp drive from point A to B at any flick of the accelerator! Just amazing smooth power..

I think I’m probably in the minority but I feel like red brake calipers is like 2015 stuff. I’m actually liking the black.
I think red on the calipers may be played out as well. I think that's why Tesla stopped it. However, I agree with @sflgator in that you can't see the black. I was thinking about having mine painted a different color. Was considering the acid green like the Porsche 918 Spyder or light blue. I think I'm off the red though.

One thing I have noticed on all the S’s I’ve seen posted are the large panel gaps on the right side of the trunk top and bottom where it closes. I’m sure it’s no big deal to others, but I don’t get why they can’t fix that. Someone there (at Tesla) must see it am I right? It’s like they just don’t care to make the micro adjustments in the body or trunk part 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ll learn to live with it, but panel gaps should be a non issue at this price point.

I think red on the calipers may be played out as well. I think that's why Tesla stopped it. However, I agree with @sflgator in that you can't see the black. I was thinking about having mine painted a different color. Was considering the acid green like the Porsche 918 Spyder or light blue. I think I'm off the red though.
As some point, I might want to get a splash of color by painting the calipers--maybe something like the green from the Seattle Seahawks uniform.

I ordered my LR white/white with 21" wheels & FSD on Mar 10. RN1146. Had 4-11 weeks for a long time, then a blank, then August, then for a day June 1-30, then blank, then last Thurs June 17 I received a text from Tesla asking for an insurance card on another vehicle, and I had a June delivery date. That lasted for two days, then it went blank again, and then it went to August on Sat 6/19. I would say don't get too excited about a delivery until you have a VIN attached to your account.
I ordered my Model S LR Blk/Blk in Dec/20 and nothing!! My sales rep knows nothing. Toronto,Cda

Got my car!

Did a short drive, quick initial impressions:
- It looks amazing. Other than some residue to wipe off a couple of places, it arrived looking pretty much perfect. I will do another look over tomorrow morning when I have a little more time to see if I missed anything
- The yoke wasn’t as weird as I feared, but there will be an adjustment period especially for the turn signal controls
- The car feels great to drive, as I hoped it feels a lot less boat-like than the older Model S cars I’ve had as loaners
- I didn’t get to play much, but the acceleration is great and seems similar to my 3P. Seemed strong up to 70, I didn’t get over that on our first little test drive
- The interior is great. Love the cooled seats!

Attachments

• 775D03A2-60D5-421C-979B-694DB2131C2C.jpeg
    775D03A2-60D5-421C-979B-694DB2131C2C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
I ordered my LR white/white with 21" wheels & FSD on Mar 10. RN1146. Had 4-11 weeks for a long time, then a blank, then August, then for a day June 1-30, then blank, then last Thurs June 17 I received a text from Tesla asking for an insurance card on another vehicle, and I had a June delivery date. That lasted for two days, then it went blank again, and then it went to August on Sat 6/19. I would say don't get too excited about a delivery until you have a VIN attached to your account.
I feel your pain. White on white is basically not being made right now. My SA knows nothing. Been blank for weeks now.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid