Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla’s way of punishing us 19” folks for not going with the 21s
Why I want 19s:
* Potholes in the roads around here aren't always avoidable (or even visible when they fill with rainwater)
* They look pretty cool with the hubcaps off
* They have great efficiency with the hubcaps on (although I'd only do this for road trips)
* Don't have to spend $4500 now and then whatever it is for the ZeroG 20"s, later

Why I don't want the 19s:
* I'd like my car sooner than never, hahaha

I found the corner handling to be excellent. It’s no lightweight and you won’t forget that. But it’s very composed, the steering it’s nice enough, although not overly communicative. The car is very,very planted. I find the ride to be superb in any setting.
I don't have a ton of miles on it so these were all first impressions. And my last S had 19’s so the 21’s and Michelin’s are a big upgrade in regard to handling Compared to the 19’s.

The car is so fast that the regen braking can’t even sort of keep up with the required deceleration for a tight road. I think I’ve used the brakes more in 30 miles in this car than 12,000 in my previous LR! The brakes feel fine, BTW. Nice modulation…nothing special, but also not lacking.

I’ll know more tomorrow but the Autopilot seems to work better. Smoother overall. But I need more time to validate that initial assessment.
Thank you very much @uthatcher for these details!
Would you consider the Plaid to be capable of cornering pretty “flat” in stock configuration, or do you feel any body roll?

What version of the software are these newly-delivered cars running? And has anyone with a pre-refresh car received it?
20210630_075656~2.jpg

Why I want 19s:
* Potholes in the roads around here aren't always avoidable (or even visible when they fill with rainwater)
* They look pretty cool with the hubcaps off
* They have great efficiency with the hubcaps on (although I'd only do this for road trips)
* Don't have to spend $4500 now and then whatever it is for the ZeroG 20"s, later

Why I don't want the 19s:
* I'd like my car sooner than never, hahaha
The decision for me is strictly potholes. Love the look of the 21s, but I had several blowouts with my prior 21s with 265-35s. The 295-30s don’t make sense around here.
Lol I’d take the 21s though at this point

Thank you very much @uthatcher for these details!
Would you consider the Plaid to be capable of cornering pretty “flat” in stock configuration, or do you feel any body roll?
Oh yeah, no crazy body roll at all. Again, you won’t forget it’s weight, but it’s very, very composed. Limiting corner exit power does keep the car composed as well. But yes, it’s body control is excellent.

This car compared to my previous LR with 19’s is an entirely different experience. The LR made me want to chill and go slow. This car wants to go. But also there’s a ton of novelty right now since I just got it yesterday!

With people having some of these erratic dates like September, October, and stuff, makes me question why there are still people with blank dates. How does that system work or make sense? I don’t think a single person with a straight up blank date has gotten a car yet, only the people with the dates all over the place.
1625062942985.gif

Since I had a date on my order….

Thanks for this information. The Tesla representative that called me yesterday conveniently omitted the 24 hour aspect. They did tell me I had to accept delivery today since it was EOQ. My sister can look the car over for me before I accept delivery, but I’m not sure anyone would look at it with the same critical eye as I would. Hopefully, I will be able to document any critical issues.
From what he told me, the 24 hours doesn't start until you click accept. Of course THEY want you to do it right away for EOQ. That doesn't mean YOU are ready to do so. Jus sayin'.

Still blank 8 months in. I get no contact or do anything to help me or even generally respond, just waiting on a comp check I suppose. Emailed the dublin office and no response.. I am thinking about switching back to a long range and just forget CF. Or just get another model Y. I already traded in my car as it was just sitting there but have to start driving again to work shortly.

Last edited: