Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stated 0-16 times: 2016 ... 3.1, 2019 ... 4.1, 2021 ... 3.1. The new one feels noticeably more nimble and responsive than the nimble and responsive 2019.

I've only driven it 16 miles so I'm still a rookie. I want that front plate holder off that car right now, but it appears to be glued on.
Take the painted cover off and then just start pulling, breaking the tape seal with your fingers as you go.

• Helpful
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
And will limit the power of Plaid to where it won't be doing 0-60 in 2.1 secs every launch and the system will literally reduce the power to save the battery without letting the driver know about this. That's the Apple way of doing business and Tesla is the Apple of the automotive industry. Seems like only new owners who have already received their cars will be able to enjoy this beast for now because I'm certain it'll be power limited very soon via software update to avoid getting spontaneously combusted lol
What crazy speculation because a car caught fire. Really, getting some facts first would make sense.

Last edited:
Might be a rushed product. I mean isn't it weird that they ended up using the same batteries as they did for older Model S. So how come the same battery that they had to release a software to limit the power of to avoid combustion is magically able to back to back launches and launches at any speed. What if they've literally pushed the battery to its limit without actually improving it. I mean calling it new battery chemistry and other jargon doesn't change the fact that it's the same battery cell they've been using for close to a decade now.
The main thing they said was that they improved the thermal regulation.

Yea right

Attachments

• 86DD9DBB-FC82-4A94-884B-6D3846DE6F02.png
    86DD9DBB-FC82-4A94-884B-6D3846DE6F02.png
    461.5 KB · Views: 62
What crazy speculation because a car caught fire. Really, getting some facts first would make sense.
Thank you! 👏 No offense, but calling the new Model S battery cell "the same one they've been using for close to a decade" is a complete slap in the face to all the engineers that have worked tirelessly on this car.. With due respect, how on Earth do you know whether it's the same cell or not?
And I've got a spoiler for ya: it's not!

Last edited:
Nah! Don't be naive. It's only fair to give Tesla the kind of treatment it's been giving to its customers 😂 I'm kidding.

You're right we need to wait for facts and this one probably is a sus and not in any way representative of the actual product. However, look into it before you call it pure speculation. Tesla did throttle the Model S/X P100DL models to preserve longevity of the battery and admitted to doing it too so this isn't some made up speculation. It's based off of facts.

Nah! Don't be naive. It's only fair to give Tesla the kind of treatment it's been giving to its customers 😂 I'm kidding.

You're right we need to wait for facts and this one probably is a sus and not in any way representative of the actual product. However, look into it before you call it pure speculation. Tesla did throttle the Model S/X P100DL models to preserve longevity of the battery and admitted to doing it too so this isn't some made up speculation. It's based off of facts.
The chemistry of the cell changed like 3 times already, it's not the same cell

But they subsequently removed it because the P90D/P100D/MS Performance owners got pissed off that the car was being limited.

Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure if you followed what I was asking or how lease residuals work (please read this with a nice tone, I'm not trying to be a jerk). With the lease, I'm "renting" and paying a "rental fee" plus interest (money factor). The residual is about 55% so I'm roughly paying 45% plus interest (yeah, other fees too). So, $10k BEFORE the lease begins means about $4,500 plus interest - and the lease calculator on the site pretty much bore that out - as leasing and adding the $10k FSD raised payments by I think $157 a month - which is just a hair more than $4,500 over the 36 months. After the lease is up, I have no car, and no payments, and no equity - so the FSD is a non event to me after the lease.
If I buy the FSD one day after the lease (unless a subscription) it will cost me $10k clams - and I would get back $0 at end of the lease - so IF I really want FSD later, my only real two options would be buy, and buy the car at the end of the lease, or subscription model.
Thanks again for the reply!
Not sure if someone mentioned this but Tesla doesn't offer the option to buy at the end of the lease

• Informative
Might be a rushed product. I mean isn't it weird that they ended up using the same batteries as they did for older Model S. So how come the same battery that they had to release a software to limit the power of to avoid combustion is magically able to back to back launches and launches at any speed. What if they've literally pushed the battery to its limit without actually improving it. I mean calling it new battery chemistry and other jargon doesn't change the fact that it's the same battery cell they've been using for close to a decade now.
I don’t think it’s the same cell but I’m no battery expert.. Others might know more about the batteries. I just charge em and go.

• Funny
Even weirder is that I submitted my down payment and my financing made it through. They have my money and I don't have a car. It was drafted from my account this morning. Is this even legal? I believe my first car payment is on the 16th. I will most likely have to pay it right after I receive the car. So, essentially I am paying interest on a car that I don't even have. Brutal feeling to say the least.

Greg
In other terms, Tesla has demanded you "bend over" and you've now done that. What's left now is you reaching for the nearest towel to clean yourself off after you've just been violated, eeew! LOL. :oops: o_O 😜

Spoken like a true cultist. If your interests are tortured by someone having a difference of opinion then you have more serious problems to worry about than Tesla and this forum.
My opinion of Tesla is based off of my experience with them and I don't have to change it because it doesn't cater to your needs.

The level of entitlement you have is mind boggling. What business is it of yours whether I've ordered one or not? I don't have to agree with all your likes and dislikes. Tesla has been terrible in communicating with customers and even worst when it comes to actually delivering what they promise. Sadly, they don't have a competitor as of now so there's no choice but to buy a Tesla.

Yes, you can like a product, dislike the company and even like or dislike certain features of a product of the said company. That's called being an objective person. Get that, "Tesla can do no wrong" crap away from
I edited my post to delete my question of you about ordering. None of my business as you say, but I was curious given your posts. I seem to have gotten under your skin a bit, so my apologies for getting your blood pressure up.