Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does that apply to the S and X? I know they stopped on the 3 and Y. I recall throwing it out there, but that was only 1568 pages ago.
S and X vehicles can be purchased at end of lease. Costs $350 plus residual value.

I know but the point is they might pull this stunt again. Tesla does what Tesla wants
Plus, they would also get called liars, because their website states back-to-back repeatability of 0-60s and 1/4 mile runs. And, they would get extremely bad press for it, as the media definitely monitors Tesla more closely in 2021, compared to 2017.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Drew-MS
I edited my post to delete my question of you about ordering. None of my business as you say, but I was curious given your posts. I seem to have gotten under your skin a bit, so my apologies for getting your blood pressure up.
Lol no worries. I apologize for getting hyped up. Don't get me wrong I love Tesla and am waiting for my Plaid. But sometimes they do things without properly communicating and it's so infuriating.
I promise you didn't raise my BP 😉

Narberth Ambulance assisted the firefighters on scene and one of the EMTs posted about information that a witness reportedly shared at the scene on Reddit:

“I am an EMT and last night around 9:30 we got called to do rehab for firefighters extinguishing a car fire in Lower Merion, PA. I only have the information I got from firefighters on scene but apparently the call came in from one of the residents of the neighborhood who saw it rolling down the road on fire before exploding in front of their house.”
The EMT even claimed that the authorities were still looking for the owner of the Tesla Model S.

Personally quite skeptical. A car isolated from other cars. I have never heard of a tesla spontaneously catching fire. For sure quite interested to hear where it started. Could just as easily be a stunt. Be quite interesting if there are no cameras nearby.
It has happened before, but never in these circumstances AFAIK.

Narberth Ambulance assisted the firefighters on scene and one of the EMTs posted about information that a witness reportedly shared at the scene on Reddit:

The EMT even claimed that the authorities were still looking for the owner of the Tesla Model S.
Still looking for the owner? Yeah, definitely looks like arson...

Seriously, I hope this doesn't further delay "near future" (July/Aug) deliveries! I hope they get the bottom of what happened with this 1 vehicle ASAP...like tomorrow and put the issue to rest. Of course, I want to make sure my new Tesla MS Plaid is safe and won't catch fire, but I truly hope it's investigated quickly and they don't stop production and/or delay deliveries unless truly necessary to fix an issue caused by the batteries and/or vehicle's systems.

Reactions: Drew-MS
Gentle reminder that 18650, 2170 and 4860 simply refer to the form factor for the cell and tell you nothing about the chemistry of the cell. We know Tesla has continually tinkered with the materials used for the 18650 and there are a few variants of the 2170 now running around. While the refresh S/X maybe be using 18650 cells, that tells us very little about their characteristics.

Alright big ballers, let us know if your car randomly explodes. 🔥

But seriously, knowing how absolutely insane the Tesla FUD is, would not be shocked if that car was purposely destroyed for headlines to hurt Tesla's reputation. It sounds crazy until you see the thousands and thousands of Twitter accounts of really bitter short seller types who want their money back.

It said the car was rolling down the street by itself 😂 give me a break