Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is lucky their cars are good (apparently), and there’s no competition. If there was competition they would not be able to get away with this level of nonsense.

I've been saying that since 2018. They really were a different company back in the day. Jon McNeil, a former Tesla executive, used TMC and would respond to us when we had issues.

After 2018, Jon was gone and Tesla changed for the worse as far as customer service and happiness. But they had hundreds of thousands of others, we were nothing.

The cars are so good that I'm buying another.

Tesla is lucky their cars are good (apparently), and there’s no competition. If there was competition they would not be able to get away with this level of nonsense.
I will say the MY I'm driving right now feels like a bubble. I'm not a huge fan. It gets up and goes. The lack luster 0-60 I did got 5.5 sec on my draggy, impressive for a SUV. Paint quality issues I'm hughly concerned about. If you see my profile pic you'll see there's just a few Tesla's at work. We have 18. 17 of them have paint issues. My loaner I immediately spray waxed it after delivery. Even still has little issues. Overall I'm in it for tech. I'm a nerd. Having apps that I can schedule AC to come on, no emissions so I can garage park and not be hot when I get in my car.

A couple of hours ago my MS Plaid was delivered to my house. Being 75 years old and never having owned a Tesla before I was almost in shock as to the essence, feel, energy, visuals, build, design and vibe of the car. Yes, I know cool cars having owned many BMWs and Porsches but this vehicle is actually awe inspiringly insanely bitching. Of course I have a giant learning curve with the UI, car dynamics and things I can’t even imagine. Tomorrow with a clear head I will dive into the car and maybe even experiment with the warp drive speed it apparently can obtain. Hoping my neighborhood can handle it. :) Onward and onward. BTW-Thank you Tesla.
I suggest reading the owners manual if you haven't already.

I get it but what IF there's some defect or some issue in some MS Plaids & LRs that can cause this to happen? Just saying that for everyone like you who's already taken delivery and the thousands more like us who haven't yet but are supposed to in just the coming weeks, it's a little unnerving. I mean, they did speed up the manufacturing for EOQ push right? I know they said the delays had much to do with chip & other parts shortages AND making sure the new, denser (diff chemistry) batteries were safe but still, there are a lot of ppl now running around in their MS Plaids & LRs and although this happened in just one car so far, it happened fairly quickly just after delivery AND really, it's one too many.
TBH, spontaneous pack fires are the least of my worries. Tesla has been building battery packs for over 10 years and the number of car fires that have unexplained origins can be counted on one hand. Tesla employees have been driven around test mules since at least January and if one of those caught on fire, I would think we would have heard about it.

Still waiting for more facts, but the way the car burned and the story from the owner sure make it seem like shenanigans to me.

I want to know how well the ventilation seat works. I know I had loaner X with them and it didn’t work that well compared to my lexus ventilation seat. It worked but it just wasn’t as cool as I was expecting. Any insight guys
We have the ventilated seats in the Model X and the ventilation in the refresh is much more noticeable, plus having them come on automatically is a nice addition.

Yeah, had no idea the entire operation is a damn sugar show. Didn’t find this forum under after I ordered.
Me as well. I didn't know that you aren't supposed to trust anything this company states. I have learned quite a bit. Call the SC at different times a few days in a row and eventually you will get someone who is a real go-getter who has some answers. I spoke with a gentlemen today who was amazing and listened to all my concerns and addressed each one. He even located me another car that wasn't claimed (in a different color) but it was one of my first choices anyhow. I will see it tomorrow and possibly take delivery tomorrow or Saturday.

Have some compassion on us new Tesla guys, we are used to dealing with car companies that have had decades to perfect their logistics. These cars are worth it, but it has some growing pains for sure.

Greg

Hahahaha, ok AMGF, that was me in a station parking lot on the way to work, it was for sugar and giggles, haven’t seen many others posting their numbers here, if I can get her 3.25 without really trying I look forward to a real run at it. Tough to reach 100 with a very short runway. Go plaid mate! I’m happy with a car that likely is 3.0 with no let up and the difference in price has bought my wife a Y. DM me with any questions….
Serious question but other than Omar and his PlaIid (my MVP on this forum) and a lesser mortal, ie me and my LR, have i missed any other posts here on performance? Also, where’s Hayseed and Tigers at 🤷🏻‍♂️

For all of you that are curious about Tesla offering a full steering wheel on the Model S, here is a very interesting clue to that, found while rewatching the delivery event.
This frame is from the 18:43 mark:
View attachment 680396

If Tesla plans to offer a round wheel, let's pray it looks better than the round wheel in the early mules (same as pic above.) Not a fan lol

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I ordered that same one from SwimAndDive 😂 The company name and photos should have given it away that it wouldn’t be anything like the founders’ badge.

Some of us in this thread are placing orders through Billet Badges Inc. for a custom metallic one instead. More details about that in my signature and here: Wiki - Model S Delivery Update

Badge Update:
Design work has been commissioned and begun. In approximately 8-10 weeks we will receive the first design rendering from Billet Badges.

Total lead time is about 12-16 weeks.
I ordered the same. Don’t think it will survive the first wash. Ordering the one with Billet Badges now thanks to you !!

Hahahaha, ok AMGF, that was me in a station parking lot on the way to work, it was for sugar and giggles, haven’t seen many others posting their numbers here, if I can get her 3.25 without really trying I look forward to a real run at it. Tough to reach 100 with a very short runway. Go plaid mate! I’m happy with a car that likely is 3.0 with no let up and the difference in price has bought my wife a Y. DM me with any questions….
Cool! As far as I know you’re the first that posted any numbers for the LR anywhere! Don’t take it wrong, we on the fence, are cravings for actual numbers. Plus I want to look in my order in the next week if possible. :)

If you can’t do a full 1/4 for lack of space or tickets worry try to do at least a best possible 0-100mph, that’d give us a good idea of the performance potential.

• Love
Me as well. I didn't know that you aren't supposed to trust anything this company states. I have learned quite a bit. Call the SC at different times a few days in a row and eventually you will get someone who is a real go-getter who has some answers. I spoke with a gentlemen today who was amazing and listened to all my concerns and addressed each one. He even located me another car that wasn't claimed (in a different color) but it was one of my first choices anyhow. I will see it tomorrow and possibly take delivery tomorrow or Saturday.

Have some compassion on us new Tesla guys, we are used to dealing with car companies that have had decades to perfect their logistics. These cars are worth it, but it has some growing pains for sure.

Greg
It's definitely more difficult for 1st time buyers. As a 2nd time buyer, I'll deal with the annoying BS all day to own/drive the greatest car in the world at a reasonable price. Ngl, this blank EDD nonsense is really pissing me off hah

Has anybody taken delivery of a refresh with 19s? I was wondering today if they are going to change them to the 20s in the parts manual and that is the holdup.
Mt. Kisco (main SC in NY) TA confirmed yesterday none have been delivered. Apparently, a recent TA said 19s have been delivered so idk.
No evidence support that 19s have been delivered.

Has anybody figured out if calling to change to wood hurts your chances of getting the car? I'd hate to be bumped to September like the website claims. From what I've seen there really is no line.

Maybe I'm best off waiting for them to call me asking if I want a car with a similar interior? Gah.
When did you order?

Still at July, but I imagine every Tesla employee has gone into anonymous mode 🥸

0F59BA58-3F01-42DC-81BD-3B7259728AB8.jpeg