Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot of owners of those types of exotics actually care about ownership experience more than they care about 0-60 times. You know, being able to call the dealership for failing driver side door handle and actually talk to a human being and not having to wait 2 weeks for it to be fixed, or being asked to leave their cars at the SvC and offered Uber credits.
Fair points, I've owned plenty of Porsche, AMG, etc. so I'm not disagreeing. That said, I'm still giving my money to Tesla regardless of the negatives. If I wanted a McLaren, or Porsche Taycan Turbo, then I'd get one. I'd rather still deal with Tesla treating me like a bitch. When I take delivery, I'm confident my frustration will disappear real quick.

I have a neighbor who has all sort of exotics like McLarens, Lambos, and AMGs, and I kinda like the fact my family sedan could beat them all.
I’m not really into drag racing but part of me wouldn’t mind a little Vette/Hellcat hunting. Hate to pick on ‘Detroit Steel’ but those guys have been talking shitt for years.

I'm with you buddy. The only thing keeping me going is that "perhaps" the Q4 2022 date is for new orders, and those of us who ordered pre refresh, or shortly after, still have a hope of getting it earlier in 2022.

Pretty sure I'm lying to myself there, but the alternative is too gross to consider.

One can hope. It did say end of 2021 when I ordered but Tesla will obviously fill in LHD cars first, our EU friends are getting eta's end of 2021, start of 2022. But we're powerless. Only hope is that orders are so low and dry they move to us faster, but with the reviews being so good not likely. It's not like there's any alternative. I looked at a specced out Taycan Turbo S this week but it would cost more for something not as special to me, more expensive to run/maintain and no supercharger network.

…until you see a new MS Plaid in his driveway as well…give it a couple months…watch, you’ll see, lol! 😜
This is actually my biggest fear. Is that our neighbors will actually catch on to our evil plan and fight fire with fire. Oh but I can't wait to see the initial looks on some people's faces because they have not been paying attention to these "new" technology developments.

Last edited:
Lol the plaid is no sleeper.. when MT confirmed it was the quickest accelerating car, the plaid pretty much became a rockstar. Maybe my mother doesn’t know what plaid is but she wouldn’t be the one trying to race you. Owners/fans of performance cars (AMG, Porsche, M cars) definitely know about plaid.
Edit: and those crazy Hellcats 🤣😂
I was just thinking the same thing. Is the Plaid really a sleeper? I mean from what I can tell by other car communities (talking real enthusiasts here) they are scared $hitless to even mess with this these cars in terms of straight line acceleration. Especially from a dig. Now that the top end has been fixed with Plaid......game over and they know it. It's like trying to beat Alabama in a college football game....why try.....hahahah

I hope so. But we have seatbelts, airbags, rear view cameras, and speed limits for a reason. Just wait until all new cars are connected to a network. Then they decide the police need the ability to shut down a vehicle. Then they standardize how law enforcement can connect to any vehicle. Then a city decides to link with any car in its borders to restrict max speeds on their roads.

911 calls from a cell phone give your exact location. LOL, just wait till a cell tower can adjust your performance based on location. Those 70's muscle cars will be worth their weight in gold in that kind of world. :cool:

As much as that makes your jester hat look made from tinfoil, this is definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

I was just thinking the same thing. Is the Plaid really a sleeper? I mean from what I can tell by other car communities (talking real enthusiasts here) they are scared $hitless to even mess with this these cars in terms of straight line acceleration. Especially from a dig. Now that the top end has been fixed with Plaid......game over and they know it. It's like trying to beat Alabama in a college football game....why try.....hahahah
One of these days Texas is gonna destroy Alabama!
Ok now I know I sound like a Vette owner sitting next to a Plaid at a stoplight… :)

I have had Tesla solar since late 2017, the only issue was when they replaced the inverter (because it was not communicating with them, never stopped providing power). Installation was finished in one day. All I can say that it is already 70% paid off and I am not counting the gas money we have saved since both my wife and I have gone to EV’s. If solar works for me here outside Portland OR it should work for most folks if you have a roof without trees.
Oh I’m not disputing it’s functionality at all, I’m all about it. I think I can only deal with so much of Tesla’s poor customer service before it’ll just make me hate the company though

I clearly stated this is probably a one time deal. If I really believed Tesla products catch fire more than ICE I wouldn't be a long time customer lol quit it.
I understand it gets rough sometimes to admit that Tesla did something wrong. Limiting acceleration for battery longevity is what they did and then lifted the limitation once they got caught. It's still shitty of them to do it regardless of them fixing it later on. That is the point I am trying to make. Not saying Teslas catch fire more than ICE. That'd be stupid. I am hoping Plaid does not have any battery issues as the FUDs claim since I am waiting impatiently for one myself :p
Settle down tiger we are rooting for the same team here ;)
Settling :)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
A lot of owners of those types of exotics actually care about ownership experience more than they care about 0-60 times. You know, being able to call the dealership for failing driver side door handle and actually talk to a human being and not having to wait 2 weeks for it to be fixed, or being asked to leave their cars at the SvC and offered Uber credits.

Not to give Tesla a pass on the overall ownership experience but which other manufacturer actually does mobile service that comes to your location? It's certainly not perfect, but the time that they came to me saved me a chunk of time taking the car to them, not having to deal with paperwork for a short-term rental car to keep me going, and they were timely. I hope that they keep this, but they also look to improve the experience when you do actually have to bring it in for work. They still have logistical and parts issues too, by my understanding.

Not to give Tesla a pass on the overall ownership experience but which other manufacturer actually does mobile service that comes to your location? It's certainly not perfect, but the time that they came to me saved me a chunk of time taking the car to them, not having to deal with paperwork for a short-term rental car to keep me going, and they were timely. I hope that they keep this, but they also look to improve the experience when you do actually have to bring it in for work. They still have logistical and parts issues too, by my understanding.
BMW will drive to your house and leave you a loaner, pick up your car and take it for repairs then bring it back and take the loaner.

Considered Tesla Solar but after hanging out in that forum I figured out it’s just as much of a nightmare as their vehicle customer service lol
The only real issue (in my recent experience) with the solar + powerwall is their being really slow to submit the PTO/interconnect agreememt. I had to wait 6 months for install but that was communicated to me within the first 6 weeks of ordering. It was post install, their followup on basic paperwork submission so you can turn it on is p#%^* poor slow. It took over 2 months+ after inspection+FullPayment for them to submit the papwork, then quickly the Utility approved. The installer of powerwalls and solar were good. This was my experience but seen many similar in the energy forum. It’s this PTO paperwork at issue, and thay just don’t communicate with you so people get frustrated flying blind. They just need to communicate more; appears they are just swamped.

BMW will drive to your house and leave you a loaner, pick up your car and take it for repairs then bring it back and take the loaner.
Unless this is a very recent change, more than likely this is a dealership specific perk. I've owned at least 10 different BMWs over the years and they have never once done this for me. Many times they don't even have a BMW loaner to give me, despite my request to schedule appointments around vehicle availability. Usually it was just an Enterprise loaner.

Audi was similar.

Dropped my car off at the detail shop. I’m getting:
  • Spectra Photosync 35 tint (Rear and 4 doors).
  • Stek PPF on front bumper and headlights and replace unsightly factory PPF with exposed edges in front of rear wheels
  • Stek Dynoflex Windshield PPF provides 99% UV protection and absorbs impact from flying debris
  • Full paint correction and ceramic coating.
  • High Gloss Bentley black paint on chrome Tesla T logos
I might not get the car back until Monday. I will post new pictures and draggy figures as soon as I get it back.
C05BF5F2-DEB3-43AA-8460-56BBE6CFC659.jpeg

Dropped my car off at the detail shop. I’m getting:
  • Spectra Photosync 35 tint (Rear and 4 doors).
  • Stek PPF on front bumper and headlights and replace unsightly factory PPF with exposed edges in front of rear wheels
  • Stek Dynoflex Windshield PPF provides 99% UV protection and absorbs impact from flying debris
  • Full paint correction and ceramic coating.
  • High Gloss Bentley black paint on chrome Tesla T logos
I might not get the car back until Monday. I will post new pictures and draggy figures as soon as I get it back.
View attachment 680603
Do you mind me asking how much the PPF install costs? I'd be interested in doing the same once i get my LR.

Do you mind me asking how much the PPF install costs? I'd be interested in doing the same once i get my LR.
The PPF for the front bumper and headlights using a single piece for the bumper and using a hand cut technique is $550. The bumper is the hardest part of the vehicle and a lot of shops don’t do it in a single piece. Some shops also use precut templates that don’t fully wrap around all edges. You really want a hand cut technique to make sure you can’t see any edges.

Last edited:
Although a pickup with a loaner is a nice perk, I don’t simply want to have my car picked up and given a loaner for every repair that could happen. In my case, Tesla came to my house and did a repair on the spot. Big difference especially when you want your own car fixed to get back to normal quickly. Even more important for when the service center is a long ways away. (3 hours away for me.) Also every time the car would be taken, more prone to damage vs them just fixing it in the garage.

Last edited: