Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked this 14 pages ago and I ask again: since the End of Quarter Push has anyone who did not already have a VIN get a VIN? People have talked about their delivery date changing but curious if anyone at Tesla actually is working on deliveries until after the holiday weekend.
I didn’t. Looks like it will be another long wait until at least end of July

I personally love how much control the regen gives me over decel. The control is much finer than using the brakes, and the fact that it's all on one pedal makes it so easy to get back on the throttle. It's like a different level of control, IMO. Really great in bad weather, too.
Exactly. That’s why it’s called “one pedal driving”. It took me a little while to get used to it, but once I did I’d never want to go back. I actually miss it terribly in my ICE second car. I’m hoping the yoke learning curve is similar and just as satisfying once I get used to it.

You have much better dealerships. Mine won't, and the bagels are usually stale :)
Well I think that Ray Catena Edison offered the best service I have ever experienced. However I did notice that if you had a C class or a plain E class ( I had more expensive models such as Sl550 and cls550 and AMG-gts) they did not treat those owners the same way they treated me. Which dealership did you buy from? Are you middlesex, union, Monmouth? Just curious

The bagels were just ok, but the people there would go out of their way to help you with food and drink.

Also the bmw dealership (open road) sucked from the sales through the service. I bought 2 cars from them and service made me decide never again. Then I started buying Mercedes from Catena and never looked back.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    180.4 KB · Views: 45
Thanks! I wonder whats up. I also double checked that the setting has been enabled.
I had to delete the 2 keys that were partially setup and then go through the process of setting them up for my car. Once I did that I notice an option or two for key phone. I adjusted settings and all are working correctly now

1st time here​

On Order, LR S White / White 21 wheels and FSD (happy to see it just posted September ) order date was 5/14/2021

Your Model S​

RN1149xxxxx

View Design Details

Estimated delivery: September​

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.
Autopilot
Your Model S comes standard with Autopilot and has been upgraded to Full-Self Driving.

I picked up last Friday. The drive home was 240 miles. That was no problem. The next day had to take my daughter to camp. Round trip was 14 hours with I phone maps. It took me 16 hours. I did range anxiety on the way up. Charged in full at two stops. On the way back I let Tesla call the shot. 36% when I left. Two stops totaling 21 minutes at 250 super chargers. The trip to camp was about an hour or so longer than trip back.
I still haven’t figured out waypoints so I could put home to camp to home. All in all the range with 21 seemed much better than what was in my mind. I had ordered 19 and this is my first Tesla.
Check out abetterrouteplanner.com. It's a great solution to plan trips with waypoints or roundtrip trips. It lets you customize a lot more and generally can get you to your destination faster.

I think they will try to switch the narrative to be about handling and how their cars do on the track and try and move the focus away from simple, straight line acceleration. Not my areas of expertise, but I think the Plaid had the makings of a pretty damn good track car (maybe with a brake upgrade), which is why I am looking forward to folks like @lolachampcar getting their cars so we can get some insights on what the handling limits look like for the new chassis.
Don’t forget about me @omarsultan ;)

I’ve been chatting with @lolachampcar and it appears he is not planning on taking his Plaid to the track.

If/when I take delivery of mine, I will be scheduling a track event at either Laguna Seca or Sonoma Raceway to see what this puppy can do stock.

Then, I will definitely change wheels & tires to lightweight 20s with road-legal near-slicks (e.g. RE71R), and upgrade to beefier brakes, then take it back to the track and see what performance improvements can be had.

I did this exact process (plus suspension upgrades) to my M3P and shaved off over 4 seconds at Seca.

For now though, I’m still with no VIN and a blank EDD. Which is fine, as I’m happy to wait while gathering feedback from folks like Randy Pobst and Ben at @UnpluggedP (they just need to check their emails more often ;))

Last edited: