Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love how Tesla puts the “Yoke Steering Wheel — Included” on the sticker…WTF…as if it were some sort of ‘included option’ and we had a choice on the steering? 🤔🤪🤬 Had Tesla made an option, I would’ve chosen a traditional steering wheel design instead of having to learn how to drive all over again, lol.
This might actually be a sign that they may make it an option in the future.

I bought my car in 2013, 21” and never had a flat. I’m interested to know as well.
Question for people that have had 21's in the past. If you blow the tire, and there is no spare, what has your experience been?
Does Tesla service come to you and have a real replacement? Is it just a spare? How much do they charge for the service? How long does it take them to arrive on average?
First time Tesla buyer here, now having 21 anxiety.
We went to drop off the kids at camp and blew a tire in a fairly remote area. It didn’t take them too long to get out there and when the truck arrived it had a full size spare. There was no charge for the service itself. Better to take a while to get the tire repaired and back onto the wheel at which point they came back out and re-mounted it. I was very happy with the service. I only had one flat tire over three years with 21s. Don’t be afraid of the 21s they have a great combination of ride, handling, comfort.

Will someone put a Draggy in his LR FFS?

My friend ordered his LR he said the Plaid is just too much for the street, but I'm on the fence. I think the Plaid is incredible. But if the LR is capable of 11.0sec 1/4 I think I might just pocket the 55kcan$ difference.
I’ve been trying to get someone to do a draggy test for a week now.

Will someone put a Draggy in his LR FFS?

My friend ordered his LR he said the Plaid is just too much for the street, but I'm on the fence. I think the Plaid is incredible. But if the LR is capable of 11.0sec 1/4 I think I might just pocket the 55kcan$ difference.
I have one, and Im in the LA area in case you wanna try if out for the sake of the forum!

View attachment 681064View attachment 681065
Lol the battery meter gets confused sometimes and is not always accurate. This is my 2020 performance with 19" wheels. It's supposed to give 348 miles on full charge and around 300 at 80% charge lol but you can imagine my joy when I saw 400 miles on it. It promptly disappeared in an hour or so 🙄
Take it with a grain of salt. It'll fix itself in a few.
Or when a software update is in progress
1625577389505.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You have no idea how many times I almost said f… that and just put in my order. This is not helping. :)
I’m in the same boat. I keep watching YouTube videos of Plaids completely annihilating literally every car on the road and drag strip. Not by a little, just completely dominating to the point of being comical. I know it’s over the top and I’ll never use it to its full potential but damn it I want it!! Just to tempt myself, I think I’m going to put a second order in for a plaid just to see how much sooner I can get it than the LR. Someone REALLY needs to get us quarter mile draggy numbers to hopefully save some of us 50K…

I’m in the same boat. I keep watching YouTube videos of Plaids completely annihilating literally every car on the road and drag strip. Not by a little, just completely dominating to the point of being comical. I know it’s over the top and I’ll never use it to its full potential but damn it I want it!! Just to tempt myself, I think I’m going to put a second order in for a plaid just to see how much sooner I can get it then the LR. Someone REALLY needs to get us quarter mile draggy numbers to hopefully save some of us 50K…
As I’ve said before, a 2 sec win in the 1/4 mi, trapping about 25+mph faster is about 18-20 car lengths ahead of an 11 sec car…and yes, a bit comical. 😜

I’m in the same boat. I keep watching YouTube videos of Plaids completely annihilating literally every car on the road and drag strip. Not by a little, just completely dominating to the point of being comical. I know it’s over the top and I’ll never use it to its full potential but damn it I want it!! Just to tempt myself, I think I’m going to put a second order in for a plaid just to see how much sooner I can get it than the LR. Someone REALLY needs to get us quarter mile draggy numbers to hopefully save some of us 50K…

put my LR order in earlier this year and plaid in May. Plaid is already here. LR no where to be seen. But glad my hand was forced 😂

The Plaid is a once in a lifetime car. A true gamechanger. Never has there been a single car that just dominates hypercars, supercars, sport bikes, . etc.

Alien Technology. Plaid is fast. 9.2 @ 155 mph. Don't miss the opportunity! 11's gets boring pretty quickly. :D 😁