Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very similar or faster than a Model S Performance. A model S P typically needed 660feet to reach 100mph but the 6.74 seems very close. 125-130 in the 1/4 almost a certainty on a track at 95%+ soc.
Just as a reference this is a timeslip from my Model S Performance and as you can see here i reached 105.17 mph in 6.68 sec. So there is no way this car will trap more then then Performance S which was 127.14 mph. My guess close 119mph or so trap speed and high tens or low elevens. But then again just someone please run a LR please :)

1625681474526.png

Last edited:
Let’s face it - most of us in the 1144-1145 range ain’t getting our cars until September/end of quarter.
If you want a Plaid with dark color and wood, willing to pay current retail price, you may be able to get one within 2-3 weeks. Otherwise, I would imagine first or second week of September for 90% of people on here waiting. Nothing is going to happen until maybe mid- August but those with white interior, 19" wheels, CF Trim should prepare for end of quarter. I've ordered 4 cars now, referred 6 friends and every single one was delivered in the last month of the quarter.

Just as a reference this is a timeslip from my Model S Performance and as you can see here i reached 105.17 mph per hour in 6.68 sec. So there is no way this car will trap more then then Performance S which was 127.14 mph. My guss close 119mph or so trap speed and high tens or low elevens. But then again just someone please run a LR please :)

View attachment 682305
But was this at a drag strip? What soc ?
Nvm I can see it’ was at a drag strip.

Just as a reference this is a timeslip from my Model S Performance and as you can see here i reached 105.17 mph per hour in 6.68 sec. So there is no way this car will trap more then then Performance S which was 127.14 mph. My guss close 119mph or so trap speed and high tens or low elevens. But then again just someone please run a LR please :)

View attachment 682305
Excellent guess. 100% agree. :):cool:

Here are some fresh Dragy results for everyone. 82% SoC and 72 degrees out. Car was in insane mode with Cheetah stance activated.
........0-100 MPH 6.74 seconds and 558.39 FT
Unfortunately, I don't have an accurate 1/8 mile time because I let up at 100 MPH thinking the car wouldn't trap much faster than that in the 1/8th. I was WRONG!

This is P100D territory with a significantly slower 0-60. This car pulls hard and doesn't let up. Doing a 60-100 pull, this car will be significantly faster than an older Performance Model S. The car is somehow making up for a 0-60 that is 6 or 7/10ths slower.

View attachment 6822906
Thanks for that! Impressive for the "non-fast" one. When you put it in insane mode is there any prep time or is the car always immediately ready to go?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
@EVonly : Did you get your Tesla logos painted in black? Can you please share pics and approx cost? TIA 🙏
Yes, I had them painted Bentley gloss black. My detail shop just got them back from the body shop and I still need to get them installed. Honestly, I have no idea on the cost. I have been working with the same shop for several years, and they have always been reasonable with pricing. I will let you know the cost when I get them installed.

I may sound like a prick but at least I’m not the fool whining about some car I haven’t gotten yet on a message board like a whiney child. When I ordered my Porsche my SA was radio silent for months and just said you’ll get your car when you get it. When he finally got the vin he gave it to me. You guys keep complaining and saying you are going to cancel your order and you are done with Tesla, but I see the same people coming back and complaining. Plenty of other things in life to be concerned about than a luxury car. If you can’t function and live your life without a 80-130k then you have serious issues. So what if they told you you’d get the car in May and still don’t have it? That’s life, *sugar* happens. I’ve had offices delayed months and have lost hundreds of thousands in revenue. Did I whine and complain? No I found a solution. Wait for the car or get something else. Everyone that had waited has loved the car. Pretty damn simple if you ask me. There are people and life that complain and accomplish nothing and there are people that get *sugar* done.
I think I’d still rather read complaining about a legitimate issue than your pompous bullshit

My main concern with going with the LR was that I didn't want to take a step back in performance from my Ludicrous P90D. Every car I have ever owned outperformed my previous car. I didn't want to tarnish that perfect record with a car that was significantly slower. I have now proven that worry was unfounded. This car is slightly slower off the line, but more than makes up for it with significantly more pulling power on the freeway.

I am quite HAPPY with the performance of this car. My P90DL was two years old when I bought it and I paid the same for that car as the brand new LR.
It is more than I expected and an unquestionable bargain.