Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder a few things about the Unplugged Performance car....

Are they able to turn down or turn off traction control for the races.. if so I wonder how..

Are they able to reduce or remove the braking re-gen, again I wonder how?

I noticed they run Advanced Suspension mode with everything lowest and full firm.. I wonder if a "Track Mode" will eventually be released which would have less traction contron interference programmed in..

I do like their upgraded cross drilled rotors.. I plan to upgrade to Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF Brake Fluid, Cross Drilled Rotors and Upgraded Pads (Do this on all my cars).. Then I feel more confident with the 1020hp :)

I also plan to run a bigger rear sway bar (Unplugged does this as well).. I read in the MotorTrend they said in stock form it still leans a lot.. I noticed Unplugged didnt change the front sway bar.. Ill prob inquire with them on this..

Other mods im considering is flushing the battery coolant with a 30% Coolant / 70% Distilled water + Purple Ice to enahnce battery cooling, may give me a slight edge power wise.. I run this combo on many cars and motorcycles and I can verify ive seen big temp drops esp on my bike which use to overheat in La traffic.. Any thoughts?

Unplugged also taped up the panel gaps on the rear diffuser, so I may do something similar with some epoxy.. I really like the Spoiler lip on the Blue Plaid + spy videos on the nurburgring. I may add a similar spoiler with more downforce, im quite happy with the OEM new front bumper..

Suspension wise, im considering adding the adjustable rear arms and dial in a proper street/track alignment.. I like to run around -2.2 degree front camber with the toe out 1/16 total and around -1.7 degrees rear with 1/8th total toe in.. Its a common setup thats the best of both worlds..

Looking forward to the Track pack coming, some ultra light wheels.. This car will then be street/track ready the way I like..

Anyone else got any tips or tricks up their sleeve to squeeze a little more performance out of her?

I apologize in advance as this may be off topic but I feel like it is a good group to ask.
So will some folks keep their Plaid like mint condition as a “collectible” like the some folks with the first roadster?

I plan on driving my LR for the next several years (I average 6yrs per car but only having 3 cars in my lifetime). More curious than anything as I see some of the pictures and posts of weekend cars and daily drivers and such. Thank you in advance.

I apologize in advance as this may be off topic but I feel like it is a good group to ask.
So will some folks keep their Plaid like mint condition as a “collectible” like the some folks with the first roadster?

I plan on driving my LR for the next several years (I average 6yrs per car but only having 3 cars in my lifetime). More curious than anything as I see some of the pictures and posts of weekend cars and daily drivers and such. Thank you in advance.

Maybe a few, but its a mass produced production car and not limited and like a computer/cell phone, the battery and tech will probably age very quickly.. I plan to just keep mine until a Plaid + or other similar like car comes in and keep swapping with the newest thing maybe every 2 years...

I have my doubts about (1). We are past EOQ and there are still problems with 19s. I can assure you there is some significant pressure on this issue which would be sufficient to overcome "business reasons". This leads me to believe there is an "actual reason" for not yet delivering 19s.

Of course I could be wrong and it would not be the first time I've been wrong.
$4,500 for a set of rims, that's a decent pure profit after materials and fluff of the EOQ earnings. Think about delivering 1,890 cars with those rims (since we suspect they didn't produce any MX). That's $8,505,000 more for paper reasons. I could 100% see that as a business reason. Same as the "lack of" "free" white paint. That $1,500 MSM mark up will yield them $2,835,000 adding up to the total of $11,430,000.

I'm sure no one believes that it costs $1,500 more to get different color paint or that it costs $4,500 more to manufacture Arachnids (even if the Arachnids cost $4,500 you would still have to subtract the worth of the 19 inch rims because you're not getting both sets and 19s are included in the car price.)

Hahaha, hilariously, I did the same thing. My girl has 4 friends over for an after fourth happy hour, or as I call it, reasons to drink.

Anyway, zero of them knew what a Bugatti was and all of them obviously know what Tesla is. I showed them pix of the Bugatti and all of them said that the Tesla was much cooler as the initial question was "is it an EV?"

Electric cars are so hot right now.

So yeah, with our sample size of 6...

I hate when you guys have an impact on my real life.

Here is a fresh IGTV video from DragTimes. Astonishing non-cheetah 0-60 of 2.28 and 2.19 seconds:

Ahhh shiiiiiiit here we go

Brooks about to do the Plaid justice and bless us with smackdown after smackdown and make a lot of laggard gear heads even more butt hurt now lol

LEGGOOOOO

My car went to *sugar* tonight. Driving and computer crashed. Came back up with all settings back to factory. Navigation doesn’t work, says it needs an update. No streaming, no app connection. Even on WiFi nothing works. 3rd update to my existing, and 2nd, service order. The software on these cars, and the subsequent cars themselves, are not ready for driving. Computer crashing while driving was fine for me, but a newer owner might not know what to do.

My car went to *sugar* tonight. Driving and computer crashed. Came back up with all settings back to factory. Navigation doesn’t work, says it needs an update. No streaming, no app connection. Even on WiFi nothing works. 3rd update to my existing, and 2nd, service order. The software on these cars, and the subsequent cars themselves, are not ready for driving. Computer crashing while driving was fine for me, but a newer owner might not know what to do.
I'm starting to think if I posted my dog just died, 2021plaid would give the post a "Like" 😂

As a (soon-to-be) new owner, I’m wondering how to handle a computer crash while driving?

Absolutely true for most people. However, there is a certain group of people, to name a few: @AMGF, @TorqueMonster, @Drew-MS, @Aleks0404, etc..., that do give a crap about 'all that'. These members aren't buying the Plaid because it's 'the best of the best' or something like that; instead, they see the value of the marvel of engineering that is the Plaid Model S. I truly believe that the Plaid will be remembered as the car that changed the direction of the auto-industry with its advancements in motor technology. That alone makes it unique, along with the fact that it's the EV that finally smacks down ICE with its superior power curve. Now EVs can make both instant power and torque, AND keep that power up to top speed, w/o having any power loss due to a transmission! Nothing that an ICE can do can even come close! Yes, it's quite a bit more expensive than a LR, but look at what we are talking about here: we're talking about a car that is literally hypercar-beating, for 1/10 of the hypercar price! This is a monumental step in EVs people, and we will remember it!😎

(Nothing at all against the LR BTW, as I find it both amazing and awesome that the 'base' Model S has gotten this powerful, and this fast.)
Ahem, excuse me? What am I, chopped liver? 😜 You didn't add me to your exclusive list, lol.