Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an email communication from Tesla asking to submit payment after VIN got assigned today. But the delivery got shifted from July 20 - 27 to August.

1625791146895.png

Just got an email communication from Tesla asking to submit payment after VIN got assigned today. But the delivery got shifted from July 20 - 27 to August.

View attachment 682790
With no specific date for delivery yet, I'm wondering whether I should wait before lender run credit check? I don't want to run multiple credit checks as Tesla is known for pushing delivery date.

Here's for the guys and gals that are all commiserating on here with me. Just imagine pulling into your garage every day for the last SEVERAL months and have to be reminded of what IS NOT parked there!!!

Why do I have $1500 worth of charger & labor just sitting there as I await? Because I, AS WE ALL HAVE BEEN, was promised a car MONTHSSSssss ago and I am always a "prepared" kinda guy (my wife has another word for what I am but it's not appropriate on here :D). So for those that have to wait until they check their order status on their computers daily, I get a visual reminder DOZENS of times a day as I go in/out of my house!!

P.S. That is "Tac", he stares at the odd wall decoration often, then gives me a quizzical look that makes me immediately go check my order status :(

MSLR/Feb3/Blk on Blk/19"/FSD/NoDamnCar/#pipedream/RN#1144-not that it matters/shoulda bought a horse (more reliable in Texas than Tesla)
View attachment 682776
same here RN1144 msm cf plaid

Alright folks, I have some interesting updates to share. After getting nowhere with the standard SA route, I activated my network and got some "insider" information. Here's what my contact told me:

1. Tesla has not produced any new S models with 19" in Q2 for "business reasons" (read, higher profit margin on the 21s to close the books as strongly as possible).

2. Red paint has been produced in small percentages relative to other colors, but carbon fiber is in very short supply (I think we already knew this, but still good to hear it confirmed).

3. Until you have a VIN assigned, don't pay any attention to the estimated dates on your account page, it really doesn't mean much. Getting a VIN assigned is much more likely to come with a narrow set of dates (e.g. 17-19 July) by which there's a much higher likelihood of sticking.

4. There is a production planning meeting happening tomorrow, so I'll hopefully have more information to share on Friday as to the status of my order, which is being "prioritized" (whatever this means).

That last one was interesting, and it sounds like SAs across the US are not kept abreast of the outcome of such meetings. My contact should be able to share some of the details late tomorrow.

cc @Drew-MS @2021plaid etc.
Hey @MarcG any news out of this?