Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received the VIN for my Red MS LR this morning.
View attachment 682941

But unfortunately I'm out of town for a month and can't take the delivery.

What an irony!

Hope someone with the same config gets this!

Raise your hands if you have the same config as mine. ✌️
Congrats! I see you’re in Mountain View. Are you picking up at the factory?
Also, what are the 3 digits after MF in your VIN? 43 something? The “something” gives us a clue as to how recently it was built.

One side isn't bad, but the passenger side rear is misaligned badly. I don't see how it would be fixable since the panel lines up on the very top of the door, but the chrome trim is way off. I will send this pick to my service advisor and see what he says.
View attachment 682936
Looks to me the door is misaligned. Top right of door trim looks to be (a little less) than a quarter of an inch higher than the trim on the panel near the seat.

Lol pot meet kettle. Everyone relax.
Been told that guy is a real tool. No reason to pick fights on here. Complaints? Yeah we all complain about Tesla's process and business practices but at the end of the day, we're all here as car enthusiasts and wanting to get our refresh MS Plaids or LRs. I've been waiting since 2/5/21 and that douche wants to pick a fight with me about radar detectors? Seriously? How impish. Perhaps his wife refuses to su* his putz and he's just an angry, frustrated man-child? HAHAHAHAHAHA! 😜

I'm now at 3000 miles on the odometer and still my Plaid hasn't caught fire. I drove very fast, I did a bunch of random launches, and I even went through a few affluent neighborhoods, but not even a puff of smoke.

Jokes aside, the car is phenomenal. This thing is the epitome of a "grand tourer". It is so smooth and predictable, and the cornering is unnaturally good. I generally use autopilot for these long drives, but the car is so good that I was hands-on driving most of the time. five-stars-would-buy-again

The key to the Plaid bursting into flames is having a short hedge position

I thought it was having a good lawyer.

Configuration is Plaid Blue/Black/Wood with 21 inch wheels. Vin suggests it's been built already as the fourth last digit is 3. I'll see if I can figure out my signature. I'm new here.

Thanks, I'm holding tight for now but I don't think it should take 2-3 weeks to ship the car across the country, seems like maybe it's one of those just sitting in the lot for months. Maybe I'm wrong though I'll ask my SA.
Whelp asked by SA and he confirmed car has finished production, and they are working to deliver the car to Virginia (Where I live). Seems to confirm by proxy that they have started moving the car, though the specific wording of the email seems ambiguous.

Hopefully the logistics team can get it here soon. Looking around here and at the spreadsheet not a lot of people in Virginia ordering these cars, I suspect that's the major factor in the delay.

@sflgator and @tibook - can your two companies get you a room?
Funny. I honestly am happy for him that he has a successful business even though it was uncessary to divulge all that (I didn’t read through that diatribe but was completely expecting it), the world is full of people tearing other’s success down. I don’t want to be that. However, he literally has to comment on everything and most of it is not worth the text its taking up on my screen. I just corrected him, and he took offense. Guess he’s not used to that. I don’t know. I’m sorry to have done my own part to derail this thread. But his tirade is pretty ridiculous and I’m sure its just exposing him for who he really is. I’m not the “tool” here.

It really is exhausting to try to sift through 20+ pages a day just to get a few nuggets of helpful information!