Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it interesting that someone would be first in line to buy a Plaid and immediately turn around and file a NHTSA complaint about the yoke. He says that people will die from the yoke. I seem to remember someone posting a similar comment on this thread a few months ago.

This seems like a setup to me. Some hedge fund investing in a short position, possibly like the recent fire incident (which has not repeated even though 3x miles have now been driven since the incident). Probability would dictate that we should have two more fires by now.

Here is the link to the yoke complain listed on this link as being filed 7/3/21 for a Plaid:

This is by far the best product I have ever found for Tesla seats. We have multiple Tesla cars with white seats, and this keeps them looking brand new. Removes stains effortlessly.

Perfect! Now all I need is the Car!!

Hey, my man @Tigers Thanks for the summons. I’ve been struggling to keep up with this thread. I retired in March, and when I take a day to play golf or take a couple vacation days, it takes me all day to catch up. Back in April, there were just a few of us commiserating about delivery dates—. @Hayseed_MS , @elguapo , @doubleshot , @Danlbrau - the volume of posts was manageable. Lol.

Not much to add-still blank-but still here!
I was on vacation for a couple of weeks. The struggle is real with respect to keeping up here! I am not jumping ship @Tigers and appreciate the call out! Getting my Y as a “bridge” car distracted me for a bit, but I want my S and my X.

Glad to see the crew still frothy as ever and the the thread still right on topic - as always!

I find it interesting that someone would be first in line to buy a Plaid and immediately turn around and file a NHTSA complaint about the yoke. He says that people will die from the yoke. I seem to remember someone posting a similar comment on this thread a few months ago.

This seems like a setup to me. Some hedge fund investing in a short position, possibly like the recent fire incident (which has not repeated even though 3x miles have now been driven since the incident). Probability would dictate that we should have two more fires by now.

Here is the link to the yoke complain listed on this link as being filed 7/3/21 for a Plaid:
This was the same guy that probably filed a complaint that his iPhone was dangerous and caused "brain cancer," his fuel injected car was unsafe because he couldn't adjust it like a carburetor and his GPS was a hazard to society because it told him to make a left turn and he was on an overpass!! Some people desire their "claim to fame" and have no desire to accept technological advances.

Maybe this guy: An honest review of the yoke

Look everyone! We found a way to get a delivery date!! /s
When I called my "Tesla Sales Office" today (AND they DID NOT answer) and got a hold of a Tesla Call Center Rep, I mentioned that and he said, in no uncertain terms, that ANY changes at this point would assuredly result in a delay in getting my car. Soooo, yeah.....I dunno what "the truth" is nowadays.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
When I called my "Tesla Sales Office" today (AND they DID NOT answer) and got a hold of a Tesla Call Center Rep, I mentioned that and he said, in no uncertain terms, that ANY changes at this point would assuredly result in a delay in getting my car. Soooo, yeah.....I dunno what "the truth" is nowadays.
Mmm this wasn't an order change. We placed entirely new orders today just to see what would happen (with one thing changed).

This is a great shot of the arachnids. You can really see some of the concavity more than in most shots. Not that there's a ton of it, but it's definitely there with the width of these wheels (though they have a pretty high offset IIRC).

Red is such a deceptive color, IMO. In full sunlight it's probably my favorite color, bar none, but in any other lighting, it looks rather different.
After seeing the new arachnids with my arachnids side by side today I can 100% tell you that I'd pick the new ones if given a choice. They look fantastic in person and have much more depth to them than photos let on.

At this point no hedge fund or shorting idiot has to do extra work to affect the stock. Even if Tesla comes up with FSD wide release the stock will still be *sugar*. It has been taking a *sugar* for the last 6 months now lol
Also anyone shorting this stock long term is a moron. Tesla is the leader in EVs and there is no question about it. The stock, however, has been frustratingly dead for the last 6 months so nobody has to do anything extra to further kill the stock. It's doing bad all by itself and needs no help 🤣

[cross-post from LR tracking thread]

Despite what a local SA said this morning about a possible VIN by end of next week, I got one today! Refreshing every 5 minutes does pay off. My heart skipped a beat and I was so excited I hit Cancel by mistake....abort! abort! But all is well....

Only thing now is that estimated delivery says August, rather than July 12-19, but I'm not sure that means anything.
View attachment 683330
And now shows July 11-16. So psyched that it could be this coming week.

Tried what?
Sorry, I was referring to your comment about using the yoke to palm steer. I assume you're saying that the yoke could be used by placing your hand on the center and steered like that. Not sure that sounds like a comfortable way to drive, but keeping this as an option would require not having the horn activate while your hand is on the center.

Seems like VINs and dates are only slowly trickling out; maybe a handful a day in this thread.

I spoke to my only reliable Tesla contact, Mr. Imagin Ation, and was told that I will have a VIN tomorrow. He doesn’t know what time, so refreshing will continue throughout the day. I was also told 19”, white seats, and CF configs will begin production this month.

Last edited:

Im not one to feed the short seller conspiracy theory, but why order or accept a car with a flaw so serious you complain up and down about it? What is the person trying to prove, since they already had clearly formed their opinion before hand? This is a $130k vehicle, a pure luxury, and while the cost is inconsequential to most here I can find far better uses of that money than buying something I consider a death trap.

Sorry, I was referring to your comment about using the yoke to palm steer. I assume you're saying that the yoke could be used by placing your hand on the center and steered like that. Not sure that sounds like a comfortable way to drive, but keeping this as an option would require not having the horn activate while your hand is on the center.
Palming is usually referring to putting your hand flat at the edge of the wheel, pushing down, and using the friction and sliding against your palm to turn it. Using the center would be very hard even in a modern electric power steering vehicle and would like kinda dumb, plus not afford you more than 45 degrees or so of turning.

I palm low speed maneuvers like parking all the time. With an electric steering rack the effort is near zero, as are chances of slipping as there is nearly no resistance. Losing electric steering could happen, but (at least in a M3) is doubly redundant power pathed. It’s much more likely to lose just power steering in an older hydraulic steering setup from a serpentine belt breaking. Plus, at 5mph parking maneuvers, my risk is denting my car or a parked car.