Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like VINs and dates are only slowly trickling out; maybe a handful a day in this thread.

I spoke to my only reliable Tesla contact, Mr. Imagin Ation, and was told that I will have a VIN tomorrow. He doesn’t know what time, so refreshing will continue throughout the day. I was also told 19”, white seats, and CF configs will begin production this month.
Ask him about people's reservations who are suffering here :D

Perfect! Now all I need is the Car!!

This is by far the best product I have ever found for Tesla seats. We have multiple Tesla cars with white seats, and this keeps them looking brand new. Removes stains effortlessly.

Seems like it is unavailable. But then again, so is my car.

Im not one to feed the short seller conspiracy theory, but why order or accept a car with a flaw so serious you complain up and down about it? What is the person trying to prove, since they already had clearly formed their opinion before hand? This is a $130k vehicle, a pure luxury, and while the cost is inconsequential to most here I can find far better uses of that money than buying something I consider a death trap.
First, owning it allows for filing the complaint if doing so is your goal.
Second, I suspect there is a bit of $ to be made turning around and selling the car at this early stage in deliveries. The over list honeymoon lasted about four months on early Model S deliveries. I suspect it will be shorter this time around given Tesla's ability to produce but there is no doubt at the car will command a premium today. This is especially true given the car in question was likely a pre-+$10k car.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
At this point no hedge fund or shorting idiot has to do extra work to affect the stock. Even if Tesla comes up with FSD wide release the stock will still be *sugar*. It has been taking a *sugar* for the last 6 months now lol
Also anyone shorting this stock long term is a moron. Tesla is the leader in EVs and there is no question about it. The stock, however, has been frustratingly dead for the last 6 months so nobody has to do anything extra to further kill the stock. It's doing bad all by itself and needs no help 🤣
It was not so frutstrainingly dead a few weeks ago. There was a very nice (predictable) movement associated with all the initial reactions to Plaid deliveries :). The company was kind enough to almost pay for my new toy with that upward movement (least I be confused with shorts).

I hear that! I've actually tried to do some work over the past couple of weeks and all of a sudden all these rookies showed up and I just gave up and skipped 100 pages lol.

Stay💪!
Yea. This thread is way too hard to keep up with. Love @GrnSqrl and his retired golf though. I haven't been able to play since Covid because my course is packed and full membership now. That might give me some peace and not have to check this damn site every day 😛

One day cars will come, I'll unmute a bunch of people and forget about the crazy wait we all endured. Haha.

Now to go pickup the peices to install a sub panel in my garage to accommodate the wall charger and in anticipation that an August date really does stick. Haha

And just like that, my EDD is back to blank. One day of July 24-Aug 07 and back to Blank. Really Tesla monkey? You only give me 24-hours of excitement before ripping it away? What have I done to displease you!?

/sigh

I just got 26July-06Aug. This is the end of my original delivery window. I was fine with it saying August but now after seeing others taking delivery I reeeeeally want the car. How does the saying go, “under promise…over deliver”.!? I feel very bad for anyone who is still pending that ordered before me. I’m not complaining just making the observation that this specific window now has me very excited so a date slippage from this won’t be positive. I guess if anything I now sympathize better with those who have been waiting since 2020 for this car and have had no date or missed delivery estimates by months.

I really do hope they make a huge Q3 push and clean out their backlog.

Stay strong everyone! 👍🏾💪🏾😎

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I find it interesting that someone would be first in line to buy a Plaid and immediately turn around and file a NHTSA complaint about the yoke. He says that people will die from the yoke. I seem to remember someone posting a similar comment on this thread a few months ago.

This seems like a setup to me. Some hedge fund investing in a short position, possibly like the recent fire incident (which has not repeated even though 3x miles have now been driven since the incident). Probability would dictate that we should have two more fires by now.

Here is the link to the yoke complain listed on this link as being filed 7/3/21 for a Plaid:

As cool as the yoke is, My one big issue is what happens if you need to overcorrect say if your car goes into a slide or you want to drift a little. Trying to catch the steering wheel spinning back at the right spot would have me grabbing for air.. I believe this is one of the main reasons Randy Pobst had his swapped out for a circular, when it came to track driving, any agressive slides or major corrections one might need to make could potentially cause a worse situtation trying to correct... this is my greatest concern as , not so much the daily driving aspect of the steering..

I was on vacation for a couple of weeks. The struggle is real with respect to keeping up here! I am not jumping ship @Tigers and appreciate the call out! Getting my Y as a “bridge” car distracted me for a bit, but I want my S and my X.

Glad to see the crew still frothy as ever and the the thread still right on topic - as always!
I also bought Y as bridge while waiting for MX. I’m new to Tesla and don’t remember MX test drive experience any more as it was in 12/20.
Question is should I trade MY when MX comes in August? or keep MY. Not able to decide.

Jason from Chicago Auto Pros did a video about how he treated the interior in his own Model 3. I found it pretty helpful and am planning to use these products.
Thanks for posting.

I have always avoided the white “leather” because of concerns over dye transfer. (I wear jeans a lot.). For those with white seats, is that a problem for you?

Can someone tell me where you report any "defects" within the first 24 hours of delivery? They dropped off my car at the wrong address and didn't even let me know it was there. And I wasn't able to ask any questions. Thanks!
If the car is tied to your account and visible on your app, open up a service appointment. You can add notes and photographs for each issue.

Good luck!