Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1626024956197.jpeg

My daughters Model 3 white seats looked like that after neglecting proper cleaning for about 6 months. The good news is that will come right off using the proper cleaning product. Are you telling us you think this stain is permanent?

Here is a good video showing that multiple products work well to keep those white seats looking new.
No, I’m saying I’m lazy and not worthy of white seats. Any suggestions on how to get it clean?

No, I’m saying I’m lazy and not worthy of white seats. Any suggestions on how to get it clean?
Gotcha! I recommended a great product yesterday that works flawlessly and is really easy to use. It is made by CarGuys and is called Super Cleaner. Erik tested it out in the video I posted. It is by far the most effective cleaner I have found and it easily removes all stains.

It is sold on Amazon, but it appears to be out of stock currently. I have never had an issue buying it. Hopefully, it will be available shortly. Within two weeks - just like the Model S

I also bought Y as bridge while waiting for MX. I’m new to Tesla and don’t remember MX test drive experience any more as it was in 12/20.
Question is should I trade MY when MX comes in August? or keep MY. Not able to decide.
Well, first I must point out your post is egregiously off topic as it’s about an existing Y and a potential X. Shame on you for clogging this otherwise pristine thread!

Second, there’s no comparison between the X and Y anmore than the S and 3. Whether it’s storage, speed, actual SUV size and capability, etc. Having said that, is a “base” X “worth” $40,000+ more than a “base” Y, even with acceleration boost, I don’t think so at all. BUT, value is up to the buyer and I am STILL buying a refreshed X and S. Nevertheless, one has never been able to justify a Tesla purchase of an S or X based on value.

Back to topic. Do you remember….dancing in September? I hope I do, because that’s STILL my EDD.

And, where’s my early access FSD beta invite? This is the thread where you ask about that, right? :)

Well not 100% true they do stain you just need to be on top of it clean it regularly. What helps is i do apply ceramic coating on top on day one and this helps with the dye transfer. How do i know well owned white seats since years lol. Ceramic coating the seats makes a huge difference i would recommend 100%.
I pre-bought like 4 bottles of ceramic coating months ago in prep for my S (which I thought was coming in March :D ). I always wondered how ceramic coating worked on fabrics... I thought they created essentially a glass like layer on top of what it was applied to?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I pre-bought like 4 bottles of ceramic coating months ago in prep for my S (which I thought was coming in March :D ). I always wondered how ceramic coating worked on fabrics... I thought they created essentially a glass like layer on top of what it was applied to?
Very curious on how the ceramic coating would go on ventilated seats.

Ceramic coating is not flexible when dry, is it? The kind used on cars chips off. You may have better luck using a sofa protector like my grandmother used to have. Kind of like sitting on a ziploc bag, but gotta keep the seats clean for the next owner. :)

Seriously, the car is meant to be driven, ridden in and used. I am all for ceramic or PPF outside if you really want it, but at some point, you should enjoy the car and realize it’s going to get scratches.

but they obviously will show up dirt more? Its like buying a white carpet in your home? or a white sofa ? Do sensible people do that?
Are we really going to have an argument about sensibility on a thread where people are spending $100,000+ on a car? Come on now. People like options. If you don’t want white seats, don’t buy them.

Alright well. For the first time I have an EDD range of July 25- Aug 6. Was Aug yesterday blank before that aug before blah blah blah. I’m hoping since this is a narrower window. It will be a good sign. Any insight for those that went through this and already taken delivery. Still no VIN yet.
Several of us received similar date ranges yesterday after being blank for a good amount of time before that. At least two of us have gone back to being blank 24-hours later. Will be curious to see if you follow the trend.

The stock did spike up on the news of Q2 delivery numbers, however, it was short lived. The stock has been taking a massive dump since Jan and yeah, it's been dying for the last 5 or 6 months at this point. It has tumbled from 880 to 640s. That's a massive drop with no reason for a spike in sight.

I understand some people here get butt hurt every time someone speaks negative of Tesla or TSLA. But I'm only stating facts. Long term the stock is good but it's been garbage the last 6 months and disliking my comment doesn't change that fact 😂
You folks are funny. Getting all worked up over a comment.

All I said was it was not completely dead. That's all. Really, that simple. No joke and no hidden agenda. Oh, and no negative comment attached to your post. Really.

Last edited: