Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally picked this bad boy up on Thursday the 15

Has anyone found a set of good winter wheels and tires yet? Definitely not keeping the 21s for winter in NY
View attachment 685413
Probably best to go with the stock 19” wheels or other 19s in 9.5” and 10.5”.
I’ve been researching winter tires the past day or so and a good choice seem to be the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 or PA4 in 255-45-19 and 285-40-19.

Geez. This is going to cause havoc on this thread.

what did you order? LR / plaid? 19s / 21s?
Just talked to a SA at Tysons Corner VA and he’s saying the same thing that folks who have/are ordering white interior are waiting much longer. He hasn’t seen one LR or Plaid delivered so far with white interior.

Folks have/are changing to black interior and getting matched much quicker. Wanted to share.

Probably best to go with the stock 19” wheels or other 19s in 9.5” and 10.5”.
I’ve been researching winter tires the past day or so and a good choice seem to be the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 or PA4 in 255-45-19 and 285-40-19.
Here ya go

1626566361626.png

I had the Michelin Alpin’s and they are fine if you hit the occasional snow. No comparison to the Michelin XIce Snow if you encounter ice. I sound like a broken record but my sister thought winter tires and all wheel drive was all she needed. I tried to tell her AWD doesn’t do anything when you need to slow down. I was right behind her in my RWD BMW (with Blizzaks) and she went right off a downhill corner at 15mph and lightly clipped a tree. I had not slipped all day. From then on all I say is Tires, Tires , Tires. Get the tires suited for the worst conditions you reasonably expect to encounter. Sermon over… (at least until next time)