Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a few hours ago my MSM MSLR refresh passed a Black MSLR refresh on PCH in Manhattan Beach. If that driver was any of you — “Hi!”
@lurker131 , are you able to "pick and choose"/volunteer to be a beta tester for the new FSD? I'm thinking my situation would be perfect because I live in a very rural part of Texas and then drive open, fast highways, into Dallas hell-traffic. They would definitely get a wide spectrum of driving locations if they allow me to beta the car.

Reactions: lurker131
My July 20-August 2 just switched to “July” in my account. This really is all lies isn’t it…
Yes. They mess with you. The first 10 times or so you have hope. Then it becomes anger. After a month of it you really don't care anymore. It does not mean anything until your account looks like this.
Image 7-18-21 at 5.56 PM 2.jpeg
Image 7-18-21 at 5.56 PM.jpeg

Yes. They mess with you. The first 10 times or so you have hope. Then it becomes anger. After a month of it you really don't care anymore. It does not mean anything until your account looks like this.
View attachment 685761View attachment 685760
Mine doesn't look like that... I have wayyy less documents on my account, I guess it's different for each state. This is for Texas
1626653043474.png

I agree with waiting. However, I called up my local showroom and asked if removing FSD would result in a re-pricing of the vehicle. They said it would. Has anyone else received a different answer?
I got the same thing, but you’d still net $5k if you dropped FSD.

Personally, as someone who has FSD on my vision only Y, it’s pretty worthless with Tesla Vision unless/until they ever release the “city” version. Which I don’t see happening for a long time regardless of what Uncle Elon says. Auto lane change is the only thing of value. Smart summon has never worked well - before or after Tesla Vision. The same is true with autopark- pretty worthless.

September for my S and X.

I don’t know where you all live, but in MD, the payback is more like 15+ years. My roof faces south - ideal. I’d put in a geothermal HVAC before I’d do solar in MD.
Yeah, roughly 15 yrs. here (Boston) where I live. I think the only way to get a reasonable payback is to live where the utility company pays the same for the power you export to the grid as you pay to import it from the grid (not with my municipal company). Ergo, some of us don't install solar "just for the money", just as some of us don't live our lives that way...

Probably State to state.
You must be so excited!!! Tomorrow is the day!!
I was super excited until I've heard a couple of people on here got their delivery pushed back due to a "software issue"... I'm dreading the call from my SA/Delivery team in the morning.... Will see...

Yeah, I think for Texas, they'll send a hardcopy of the documents for you to take to the DMV instead

@lurker131 , are you able to "pick and choose"/volunteer to be a beta tester for the new FSD? I'm thinking my situation would be perfect because I live in a very rural part of Texas and then drive open, fast highways, into Dallas hell-traffic. They would definitely get a wide spectrum of driving locations if they allow me to beta the car.
I don’t know if the beta items come with a refresh. My car has a birthdate of mid-June per my SA but probably comes from earlier stock since it has a “433” VIN. i received an overnight automatic software update on July 9th to this version with all the “beta” stuff in parentheses. I don’t remember getting an invite or anything but I did turn in the beta items when they showed up on screen and had to click a confirm button to accept. As a first time Tesla owner, I don’t know what other folks are experiencing. But yes, this version does Autosteer city streets.

Attachments

• A4C5AB7E-70BA-4D52-8432-7B005B45F164.jpeg
    A4C5AB7E-70BA-4D52-8432-7B005B45F164.jpeg
    317.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DD8BB126-F502-4677-A9AD-5F2AE0CE5E0C.jpeg
    DD8BB126-F502-4677-A9AD-5F2AE0CE5E0C.jpeg
    466.5 KB · Views: 60
I don’t know where you all live, but in MD, the payback is more like 15+ years. My roof faces south - ideal. I’d put in a geothermal HVAC before I’d do solar in MD.
At $ .0634 off peak $ .0756 peak the payback for solar at our home is…..never.. 😏. Would love solar but it really makes no sense at all for us.

I agree with waiting. However, I called up my local showroom and asked if removing FSD would result in a re-pricing of the vehicle. They said it would. Has anyone else received a different answer?
I got the same answer on removing FSD from my order. He did suggest keeping it on till VIN get assigned, then remove it before finalizing payment and payment method.

I was using as an example. You yelling either way doesn't make it fact. Planet vs jesus. Nether is fact. Plenty of scientists, actual scientists, disagree with each other on global warming. Politicians will have you believe the world is ending in 10 years. They've said this for the last 30 years. Shhhh. Your logic is around money. Money doesn't cause one not to get solar. Solar doesn't have incentives in every state. Solar doesn't work as well in non sun saturated states. Solar has environmental issues of its own for manufacturing. Solar mostly is cells produced from china.

Look. Whatever you want to do is fine. I'm a personal believer we change our planet too quickly and it's devistating. Earth adapts with slow change, earth suffers with dramatic change. We're causing more harm than good by thinking we can control things. Earth goes through cycles. As much as we want to ignore history.
Sounds like you’ve given up hope. I still believe!! After all I received my Plaid 17 days ago.

Hello everyone I have been following this group for a few weeks now. Just sitting back anxiously awaiting the delivery of my MSLR-Pearl White/white interior/with 21" Arachnoid Wheels. My EDD is set for August. I has been like that for a least a month now. My initial order date was 3/7/21. This car was intended to be a "Pat on the back" for all my hard work ( went back and forth between a Mercedes C class and this vehicle). I am just posting this message for continued support (mentally lol) of all my Tesla brother and sisters out there.

Keep you posted. Stay strong :)

At $ .0634 off peak $ .0756 peak the payback for solar at our home is…..never.. 😏. Would love solar but it really makes no sense at all for us.
I can’t believe how low some of these utility rates are. I guess I should reword that, and say what the hell is going on with the electricity rates in California?

$.56 On-Peak and $.31 Off-Peak rates here in San Diego made the choice of solar an easy one. Just over 3 years of electricity bills fully covered a 15 kW system for my house.

I can’t believe how low some of these utility rates are. I guess I should reword that, and say what the hell is going on with the electricity rates in California?

$.56 On-Peak and $.31 Off-Peak rates here in San Diego made the choice of solar an easy one. Just over 3 years of electricity bills fully covered a 15 kW system for my house.

Lots of things I have heard people say “what the hell is going on with the electricity rates in California?”

Sadly substitute “electricity rates” with a lot of other words.. 😏