Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you can afford a $100,000 car(and lose a lot of its value in the first 5 years) I am not sure how you say you can’t afford solar that will pay itself off in 7-10 years(in most cases). What was the payback period to make you decide it was not worth it?
I install my own off grid solar for work, love solar. However, some houses have too much shade. If you're planning to move soon (I am) it's not worth the investment. I love solar but it doesn't fix everything and it's not always appropriate.

At least he knows we’re waiting 😒

24639AFC-BDA0-4C24-BFCE-BC2A7A875311.jpeg

Normally, power bills are set up in two primary sections: Generation and distribution. You get to shave the generation piece. The distribution is being used by you, both ways, incoming and outgoing. 9 cents could be correct for generation average with 7 cents or distribution.

ROI will be super challenging without shaving the peak use rates. It sounds like NJ may not have variable rates based on peak pricing.
Thanks, I spent more time looking up last night. I’ve also read here. Using time of day COULD save me $30 a month or so, or swing in the other direction. Basically doesn’t seem worth it to me.
clear as mud!

1626694104530.png

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I know this is not page A1 news story, but surprised some of the trade magazines that monitor the car industry and in particular EV industry have not delved into the 19” tire story. Seems like some reporters would have decent connections at the factories and management and something could leak. Even if no leak, seems like a story enough for someone to look into.
In response to a very direct question I was told Tesla had 19" fitments at the end of May for June builds/deliveries. Subsequently they were precluded from using them by a situation beyond their control. I did not dig deeper into that "situation" as it was none of my business. I was simply trying to determine if Tesla could make good on their promise to deliver a Plaid in June at the time they made the promise given 19" wheels/tires is the stated reason they missed. Put differently, did they have them and could they use them when they promised a June delivery.

Last edited:
Thanks, I spent more time looking up last night. I’ve also read here. Using time of day COULD save me $30 a month or so, or swing in the other direction. Basically doesn’t seem worth it to me.
clear as mud!

View attachment 685868
Glad you are looking at it. The TOU strategy for the consumer is to adjust the majority of usage to the lowest cost period. From the supplier's standpoint, they are trying to provide incentive toward consuming during off-peak periods. If you are able to move to off-peak, you will save on both generation and delivery.

For the rates you have listed, do these have time ranges or are these use tiers?

what do you mean?
There’s been several people who were supposed to take delivery over the weekend to only be told their car is being held due to a ‘issue’ that is beyond the control of the delivery center. Supposed to be fix via a software release sometime this week. So the individual you quoted is wondering how that will effect potential VIN assignments this week and potentially beyond.

This “software hold” happened with the Ys last quarter and it was not fun. Tesla doesn’t hold cars for typical software updates - they can do OTA anytime. Last quarter with the Y it was for updates related to homologation (specifically the TV radar less cars). For us S folks, I hope they’re adding and not taking away pieces.

Someone may have already mentioned that but I get lost here as I step away for five minutes and there are 100 new posts! :)

September. I always hated back to school, so this is the first time in my life I am looking forward to September.