Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone who bought FSD got a "free" upgrade to the HW3. Tesla was under obligation to provide that, as they had made promises (only some of which they've made good on, the rest are still "coming soon"). I don't see how anyone who didn't purchase it would be able to claim they were obliged an upgrade that they didn't pay for.

Because Tesla has been saying for a long time that all cars are equipped with all the hardware necessary for full self driving. Actually, my 2014 with AP1 was said to be capable of full self-driving. Nobody sued on that, at least not successfully. I don't see anybody sueing for this.

I also think Tesla will end up not charging for it. Similar to the MCU One issues that they eventually did for free. Even reimbursed people like me who had to pay for it. Of course, I got the MCU 2 so, maybe that wasn't such a dumb move! They get their money back. I think the same thing will be true with the self-driving hardware, it'll be worth it to Tesla to give it for free because more people will try it out and get hooked.

@MrExitStrategy Is your are schedule for delivery today (7/19)? Mine is schedule for 2PM today but got a call from Tesla delivery center couple of hours ago stating that for the shipments received last week and schedule for this week delivery, they got instructions from Fremont to keep the deliveries ON HOLD as they need to do some security checks on power port. Just thought of checking whether you had any such message from your delivery center.
Yep it was supposed to be this morning. I talked to the delivery center and all he said was Freemont instructed them to do more inspections, I asked if there were any specifics software or hardware, he said he had no information... Interesting yours said it was the charge port, that's new to me.

So... yeah, just got a call from the delivery center saying they've been instructed to thoroughly inspect all MS's and they don't know how long but they're pushing the delivery date a couple of days out.... ugh lol
Could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Just hope it's no longer than a few days.

Maybe they realized the LR is too fast relative to the Plaid so they need to “fix” that ;-). Maybe you will have a speedy “unicorn”

The LR is a quick car, but people need to be under no illusions it's anywhere near the same league as Plaid. I'm sure someone can put together the math for how many car lengths ahead the Plaid is beyond the LR in 0-60/1/8 mile/1/4 mile.

For those of us with still waiting for our Model S's and those that already have them, here is an amazing article:

The LR is a quick car, but people need to be under no illusions it's anywhere near the same league as Plaid. I'm sure someone can put together the math for how many car lengths ahead the Plaid is beyond the LR in 0-60/1/8 mile/1/4 mile.
Agreed it is but can I ask you how functional that really is to the every day driver? The LR 0-60 is pretty scary on its own, I’m not sure how much more I even want. Yes, I concede its in a different league, I am happy in this case to be in AAA.

You mean like the 50 times it has already been done on this thread? Yeah, someone could.

Yep. We've already talked about this subject though. People know, my friend. :) ;)

You mean like the 50 times it has already been done on this thread? Yeah, someone could.

This thread is so large, I don't even remember what it's even about anymore. 😅 Plus, given we just got drag results in the last few days of the LR, it seems unlikely it's been mentioned 50 times already? Maybe... 27 times...

Any tips for a home ceramic coating product that people think is just as good as getting it professionally done? The truth is I am tapped out on this car after having to add the 21's. PPF is too expensive for the whole car as well. Already seeing a minor chip on the paint after one week. Sad the paint isn't better on these cars for the price.

Any tips for a home ceramic coating product that people think is just as good as getting it professionally done? The truth is I am tapped out on this car after having to add the 21's. PPF is too expensive for the whole car as well. Already seeing a minor chip on the paint after one week. Sad the paint isn't better on these cars for the price.
Ceramic coating is not going to prevent rock chips, just a heads up. Not clear from your message if that is your intent, but since you mentioned doing ceramic coating, not able to get PPF and already seeing rock chips - I made an assumption.

• Helpful
Reactions: EndlessPlaid