Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
19s shipping already? šŸ˜±
Source?
From various people posting on this forum, e.g:

View attachment 686304

And by shenanigans, I mean anything off topic... (since @elguapo ) has decided to stop issuing yellow cards...
Trust me - I set the example.
We need to move beyond yellow cards. Unlike our old friend Bruce, I canā€™t hand out red cards or threaten to kick folks out of the sandbox.

That said, thereā€™s tomfoolery afoot here. Rest assured, you donā€™t want to wake Bruce. You were warned.

This is exactly my point. There are countless changes and differences between the 2 that people often don't consider. There is a reason that it is that expensive. No, it's not 50k more expensive to build, but has to be a decent chunk more to build vs. the LR. This is all I'm going to say on this subject.šŸ™‚
Plus it is likely to be a lower production volume so the cost of development of the Plaid-specific components has to be recouped from a smaller base.

LOL - off topic but Lucid is getting desperate for orders. Got like 3 calls from them over the last two weeks begging to put in a preorder. I had one a while ago but just decided it was ugly as *sugar*. No thank you
OT as well - I saw someone in my neighborhood with a Polestar 2 with MFG plates (guessing overnight test drive). Overall design is not my cup of tea but the front is definitely intriguing. I feel the same way about Lucid. Itā€™s not a bad looking car and it will definitely be the choice for many people over Tesla if (big IF) they prove theyā€™ve got it figured out once they start shipping. Side by side tho, undeniable how Model S is able to pull off smooth sexy and mean all at the same time.

• want to adjust the following distance when the cruise is on? push the scroll wheel left or right. NO, that doesn't work. you have to go into the menus to do it.
  • want to grab a video clip of a car spinning across the lanes of the opposite side of the freeway? (I saw that yesterday!) you have to open the menu THEN click on the dashcam icon. stupid. I guess I could have honked the horn... but that upsets people sometimes...
Do not think the scroll wheel functionality is fully baked out yet. I would expect this to come in a future software update.

OT as well - I saw someone in my neighborhood with a Polestar 2 with MFG plates (guessing overnight test drive). Overall design is not my cup of tea but the front is definitely intriguing. I feel the same way about Lucid. Itā€™s not a bad looking car and it will definitely be the choice for many people over Tesla if (big IF) they prove theyā€™ve got it figured out once they start shipping. Side by side tho, undeniable how Model S is able to pull off smooth sexy and mean all at the same time.

I pretty much hate everything about the design of the Lucid except the front. It looks like my rich grand daddys car and my grand daddy wasnt rich.

The EV tech is undeniable, if true, but everything else, including the interior I hate. Why is the screen just floating on the dash? Why is the other screen slanted and located where you have to look almost straight down to see it?

Ive used Hulu/netflix so many times on my road trips while charging (and waiting for *sugar* like food/coffee for curbside) I cant go back from that.

Also I dont like their attitude about everything. They try and take too many shots at Tesla directly, which i find to be lame, as though the car cant stand on its own. Rivian has avoided doing this, but also has become Jeff's way of copying Tesla. Also the front end of the Rivians look horrible. I'd consider a Rivian, have a reservation for one, but itll be end of 2022 before I'd ever even come close to having the opportunity to pick it up.

Do they even print newspapers anymore? And if they do, why are you choosing to kill so many trees you maniac. How about a little concern for the environment.
@AnselmDante You've had some good comments before, but that one hit him right where it hurts! Nicely done! That'll smoke that pilot right out of the sky! (Don't get me wrong, I'm very eco-conscious like most of us here. I just don't like his bad delivery).

I pretty much hate everything about the design of the Lucid except the front. It looks like my rich grand daddys car and my grand daddy wasnt rich.

The EV tech is undeniable, if true, but everything else, including the interior I hate. Why is the screen just floating on the dash? Why is the other screen slanted and located where you have to look almost straight down to see it?

Ive used Hulu/netflix so many times on my road trips while charging (and waiting for *sugar* like food/coffee for curbside) I cant go back from that.

Also I dont like their attitude about everything. They try and take too many shots at Tesla directly, which i find to be lame, as though the car cant stand on its own. Rivian has avoided doing this, but also has become Jeff's way of copying Tesla. Also the front end of the Rivians look horrible. I'd consider a Rivian, have a reservation for one, but itll be end of 2022 before I'd ever even come close to having the opportunity to pick it up.

If the floating screen tilted, you would be all over it... šŸ¤£

Lucid may be great car but can't help looking at it and thinking old "Lexus" like styling and exterior looks like vehicle for an old man.

Had the charger since my original February date. Over 3k miles with a combo of SCs but mostly home charging. On it whenever home.
Soooo, you're saying if I wait long enough, this decoration in my garage for the past 4 months will come in handy?? :rolleyes:
63892137019__AD3A3304-3425-4797-861E-688380E73264.jpeg