Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a member of the December Long Range Orders Crew, one may think that I've spent the last 8 months thinking about a name for my Tesla. Alas... I haven't put much thought into this. Living the continued state of optimism that I endure for some reason, I am hopeful that before August 15th I will be sitting in my Long Range at a charging station doing what I'm meant to in the car: Playing the Witcher 3. All that said, what's everyone naming their cars? I can't seem to land on anything I absolutely LOVE and I'm sure one of you is far more creative than I!
I'm naming mine the most obvious name that 80% of Plaids will be named... Spaceball One 🤣

Sorry for the off topic thing, but is there even a topic anymore? :)

I've been sharing logs and helping test updates to various Tesla apps for mobile devices and things are looking very good. Tes*Lax in particular has a Plaid (and refresh S) profile that is coming along really well. Pending accuracy validation and whatnot, they're even testing a drag timer function! Also, I only recently discovered CANserver CANserver - but it is a solid device, and the devs are friendly + quick to add features. Highly recommend CANserver over every cheap Amazon OBDII bluetooth/wifi thing. (i get nothing for recommending these products, i just seriously like them)

That said, I want to give folks a heads up that this stuff is great (and imo worth doing), but right now you have to DIY your own cable to do this. I shared some info here Diagnostic Port Index, but I want to encourage folks who want this to be easier to reach out to Maxwell Automotive Technologies and express interest in a cable that works with the new cars.

Their existing S/X cables have the proper connectors, but the wiring puts the bus with the data you want on the wrong obd-ii pins for most common devices, so you should not purchase these cables unless you know what you're doing with modification! There is info in the above thread on which pins you want to get at the data.

I'll avoid posting more about this on the delivery thread, but since you're all waiting, please go email maxwellautotech.com and ask for a refresh-compatible cable!

As a member of the December Long Range Orders Crew, one may think that I've spent the last 8 months thinking about a name for my Tesla. Alas... I haven't put much thought into this. Living the continued state of optimism that I endure for some reason, I am hopeful that before August 15th I will be sitting in my Long Range at a charging station doing what I'm meant to in the car: Playing the Witcher 3. All that said, what's everyone naming their cars? I can't seem to land on anything I absolutely LOVE and I'm sure one of you is far more creative than I!
will name my car TWO WEEKS

lol add me to that list. I don't remember ordering black exterior and interior either 😂
My account page is just plaid down

0C6EE5B8-92EC-4C73-82EB-E215CD8DDF68.jpeg

My reason for 19s: ride comfort and 42 miles of range. And yes, I need both.
Hope the wheels are not as ugly in person as they are on the screen.
As a dweeb with silver 19 tempest wheels on my pre-refresh 2020 model S I can tell you that one gets over them pretty freaking quickly. And if I can get over the fugly silver 19s I'm certain I will be just fine with the darker 19s ;)

As a dweeb with silver 19 tempest wheels on my pre-refresh 2020 model S I can tell you that one gets over them pretty freaking quickly. And if I can get over the fugly silver 19s I'm certain I will be just fine with the darker 19s ;)
I've heard / read too much about the larger wheels failing more, riding bumpy/loud, and frequently getting swapped by people who buy them for both of those reasons so, silver 19s were an easy decision for me! I want that smooth, completely silent extended range ride

Reactions: afarkas2222
*cue all silver Tempest owners scrambling to their keyboards, tears in their eyes*

I have to imagine the white for the 3/Y and S are different - it could be different material, or same material, but I imagine difference seats, forms, etc. - I can't imagine what goes into converting rolls of vegan leather (okay, pleather) into materials, but I would believe if there's a scarcity - what if they source the dash panels pre-formed? just saying. I had this when I ordered a BMW with special wood - the sales advisor told me I had to wait for them to do a run with that wood.
I do continue to agree there must be reason the 19's weren't released into the wild. I"m sticking with my belief there were defects in the originals. structural, cracked, deformed, etc. - i'm guessing just not up to spec.
Everyone knows they use the same material as the 3. After assembly a tech uses a 1/32” drill bit to add the perforations….. 😂

I had to "poke" at my local contact about my order. His response was priceless. "I am hopeful that your order will be fulfilled in advance of or on the front end of that time frame".

HOPEFUL....YOU THINK!!!!!!!! 🤦‍♂️

...and then the "If I do see them start popping up locally, I will let you know". Well if you do it would be mine with a 1/1/21 order buddy. SMH

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 11.41.29 AM.png