Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that the Model S door panel above the wood/carbon fiber trim has a glossy look to it on some cars and not other. Is there a specific reason behind why some cars have it while others do not?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-21 7.06.47 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-21 7.06.47 PM.png
    385.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot 2021-07-21 7.13.18 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-21 7.13.18 PM.png
    575.5 KB · Views: 72
Just spoke with my DC.

After a conversation with @WilliamG yesterday he told me that my location is not available for pick-ups anymore and I have to switch it. Called them to switch it to another tesla SC and asked about DD.

They told me do not to expect a car before early FALL, but did not specify of witch year. *cry*
Well Fall is the season of the witch.

Completely off topic but I need to say this to everyone waiting for their refreshed cars.

I was/ am disgusted with the way Tesla handles customers, deliveries with no communication possible. My feelings toward Tesla bordered on hatred.

I have owned the car for 3 weeks now. It’s my first ev. EOQ delivery where the guy did not have enough time to go over anything as he had 2 more deliveries to make.

I am absolutely in love with the car, the wall charger and find new stuff everyday that seems unbelievable. In many ways my S seems to be as much about tech as it is automobile.

I will never go bAck to a gasoline car. And I believe no one in The business will catch up to Tesla for at least 5 years. I am so impressed by everything about it. The way it drives, handles, accelerates and the driving software is unbelievable. I have started using cruise control on the freeways (I don’t have FSD). The manner it handles curves on the highway and slows or speeds up as necessary is amazing. I know that when I am taking on a curve in the freeway, the car stays right in the middle of the lane I am driving in much better fashion than if I was manually guiding it through a curve.

Love love love this car to the point I almost forget the way I felt Mistreated for the past 6 months waiting.

Yesterday I had all the windows, roof and windshield with 3m crystalline. I was so happy with the job, I am bringing the car back tomorrow for the full front PPF.

I understand everyone’s frustration with Tesla but that feeling is almost gone and I am just loving my mew S.

Did I mention that I LOVE this car?!!!!’😀 so happy

Ever since I got a VIN assigned (7/15), I've been trying to get in contact with my SA to get an answer on the actual build date and to lock in a delivery date. He got back to me tonight and just said the estimate on my order page is all he has to go on. He said he couldn't see the build date for my VIN and didn't see an expected date for delivery to their service center. He said the estimated dates on my order page should be accurate but couldn't explain why that date has been pushed out every single day since VIN assignment. LOL. Since I ordered back on 11/8/2020, I haven't been able to get a single shred of info out of anyone at Tesla beyond what I can plainly see on my order page.

Well typical Tesla. Got a call from my shop I’m scheduled to pick up my Model S from that they can get me moved up to Saturday this week instead of Monday - pumped…

Two hours later I get a call from the same guy who says “we were just given a notification from the engineering department we are not allowed to deliver any more model S’s until “additional inspections are done and software issues are fixed - all model S’s are on hold - we hope to have you delivered by the end of next week”

Must be a massive issue….
Same call from my SA's manager today. MS Plaid. Was scheduled Aug 30 at 10AM delivery, but now indefinite engineering hold. Tesla account now shows Aug 4-7.

Email from my SA today. My car is in the planning phase! Yes, I will get excited about that. The EDD has been populated with a 1week interval but slipped a day or so every day this week. Like 26Jul-6Aug, then 30Jul-6Aug, 31Jul-1Aug etc. Either way it is getting close! Fingers crossed.

Also, is anyone verifying the PLAID has three motors or are we taking Elon at his word on that? Just sayin…if the LR had like a Plaid mode upgrade or something. You can laugh, just laugh after we count motors…
What does planning stage actually mean???

You definitely don't want one of those. Its been sitting there since May. lol
Notice how the red and white are in the same position in the pic below which was clicked in May
View attachment 684943
Looks like most of these cars have the 19" white wheels.
Is it possible that these cars are only for the 19" wheels?
So when the boat arrives with the 19s. suddenly everyone will be on the schedule for delivery?
Why can't these cars be fitted with the 21s?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Also for those that wish. PLAID badge is
TRI MOTOR BADGE1655154-00-AOver-the-Counter(No VIN)$2.04
I get the impression you are implying that adding a spoiler is posing as a plaid model much like just adding the word Plain or the Etsy plaid emblem.
Adding a spoiler is not in the same ballpark, I like the look better with a spoiler, but not trying to pretend I have a Plaid.

Ever since I got a VIN assigned (7/15), I've been trying to get in contact with my SA to get an answer on the actual build date and to lock in a delivery date. He got back to me tonight and just said the estimate on my order page is all he has to go on. He said he couldn't see the build date for my VIN and didn't see an expected date for delivery to their service center. He said the estimated dates on my order page should be accurate but couldn't explain why that date has been pushed out every single day since VIN assignment. LOL. Since I ordered back on 11/8/2020, I haven't been able to get a single shred of info out of anyone at Tesla beyond what I can plainly see on my order page.
There’s no point in getting a VIN anymore as those of us with it for some time and had delivery dates can’t take delivery for weeks

As a member of the December Long Range Orders Crew, one may think that I've spent the last 8 months thinking about a name for my Tesla. Alas... I haven't put much thought into this. Living the continued state of optimism that I endure for some reason, I am hopeful that before August 15th I will be sitting in my Long Range at a charging station doing what I'm meant to in the car: Playing the Witcher 3. All that said, what's everyone naming their cars? I can't seem to land on anything I absolutely LOVE and I'm sure one of you is far more creative than I!
I’m naming mine ‘Archemedes’ … the greatest

I get the impression you are implying that adding a spoiler is posing as a plaid model much like just adding the word Plain or the Etsy plaid emblem.
Adding a spoiler is not in the same ballpark, I like the look better with a spoiler, but not trying to pretend I have a Plaid.
No, I was not trying to convey that, just happens the only noticeable cosmetic difference is the spoiler and badge. Nothing wrong with one or both. I like the spoiler, that's it.