Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been following this thread for a while now, figured I’d add my experience too:

- 1/24/21: placed order for Plaid/Black/Black/CF/19” before official refresh announcement, which got converted to Plaid + after announcement.
- First week of June: Got call first week of June asking if I wanted to change to regular Plaid for sooner delivery, declined.
- 6/19/21: Order automatically converted to regular Plaid order without $10k price increase.
- EDD fluctuated between July, August, and blank.
- 7/1/21: Called SA at local Tesla store and changed wheels from 19” to 21”, no price increase (aside from price of wheels).
- 7/7/21: Got a surprise email asking for final payment, check account and showing VIN (433) and delivery date range of 7/8-7/11.
- 7/8/21: Received call for Tesla store asking to schedule delivery, told must pick up car by 7/11 or they will assign to someone else. Finalized trade in and paperwork on account and scheduled delivery for 7/10.
- 7/10/21: Picked up car without any trouble!

View attachment 687204
Gorgeous! It would take all my self control to not tastefully install a chasing red LED strip in the area behind the front badge. If ever there was a modern day K.I.T.T from Knight Rider, your car is it. (Please do it!)

1627046238358.jpeg

Yes but also being taunted with “yeah we got your car in, but you really can’t have it yet”! 🤣😂
Exactly, happy for all those getting VIN and DD, but like many of us who have had those for some time, they mean nothing when you can't actually take delivery of your vehicle. I want a safe vehicle, but the least they could do is provide some communication to those of us with cars on the lot of our delivery center, not to mention those already driving the new refresh's. They just don't look at these transactions from a human element - people have old cars and need to sell them but have no clue when to sell them when they can no clue when they can take delivery. Not everyone trades in...

FWIW I saw two articles on the internet today (so you know it's true!) reporting about the CLAIMS (by our forum or reddit) about the complete S hold. I say claims, as they are reporting what we're saying, and not anything from Tesla.
I think something will have to shake loose soon and we'll get some response - it's one thing for our site to guess, but another thing for reporters to start reporting no deliveries, I think shareholders will want answers almost as much as we do!
I'm cross posting this on the hold thread....

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I was showing a generic July delivery date for about one month. About one week ago that went to blank. This morning, the generic July delivery date is back.

back to July

Same. They like toying with us white/carbon fiber interior 19” folks

Same here. I think it means July 2022 😂

Add me to this list. Was "July" for a long time, then last week went blank, now this morning "July" reappeared.

RN11394xxxx
19" wheels
white interior
black exterior
carbon fiber

my guess: coupled with the updated range info for the 19" wheels, i suspect these have finally been finalized. Getting me my car by the end of July seems far fetched at this point, but who knows.

Exactly, happy for all those getting VIN and DD, but like many of us who have had those for some time, they mean nothing when you can't actually take delivery of your vehicle. I want a safe vehicle, but the least they could do is provide some communication to those of us with cars on the lot of our delivery center, not to mention those already driving the new refresh's. They just don't look at these transactions from a human element - people have old cars and need to sell them but have no clue when to sell them when they can no clue when they can take delivery. Not everyone trades in...
Well said. I’m selling my M3P in about a week, which was based on the fact that my EDD was July (boy was I naive about this…) so I’m fully expecting to have no car for at least a few weeks. At least my partner has a P90D, so she”ll drive us around when needed. But I do wish Tesla was better at this estimating game.

To answer your question on why you only have 345 miles of range, that is the range of the Plaid with 21" wheels. To get the 390 miles of range, you need the 19" wheels and I don't believe any 19" wheel configuration has been delivered to this date?
And to get even more than 390 miles of range, go get aftermarket wheels that shave off 10lbs per corner :)

Add me to this list. Was "July" for a long time, then last week went blank, now this morning "July" reappeared.

RN11394xxxx
19" wheels
white interior
black exterior
carbon fiber

my guess: coupled with the updated range info for the 19" wheels, i suspect these have finally been finalized. Getting me my car by the end of July seems far fetched at this point, but who knows.
Holy cow your RN is even older than mine, and I ordered on 9/22/2020! When did you place your order?