Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh and the fact that my SA in person (when we went to test drive a MY) was all like “oh please contact me with any questions you have or any rumors you want me to clear up” is kind of pissing me off. I emailed her 7 days ago with some rumors/questions I was curious about, and she has yet to answer. Worthless employee - literally only there to help people through the configurator and bring around a car to test drive (even couldn’t do that right without grabbing the wrong key)

Same here, was showing August since my order date including this morning, now no EDD.

The phrase "stringing along" comes to mind. A typical practice of fraudsters. First it was February/March for me. Then March. Then July. Then August. Now, who knows. Whatever it is will be another lie, and the Tesla stans will attribute it to yet another "parts shortage."

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
This is still strange to me about your account
My account has had the “Agreements” section (says we will be able to review and accept agreements within 24 from delivery appointment) since having an appointment scheduled. I had even reviewed and accepted them yesterday (my original appointment was for today @ 11AM).

My account has had the “Agreements” section (says we will be able to review and accept agreements within 24 from delivery appointment) since having an appointment scheduled. I had even reviewed and accepted them yesterday (my original appointment was for today @ 11AM).
Ahhh ok, makes sense. That must be where we accept the car for delivery and it will appear in the app after payment is made. However with the MS delivery hold in place, that’s why nothing is moving. Got it. I just hope that this hold is still in place FOR MY ORDER until next Wednesday. And can take delivery Friday or Saturday

No round steering wheel for you! I would imagine that some aftermarket companies are now working on third-party options, ;)

"CEO Elon Musk later confirmed that Tesla is indeed working on progressive steering, but it’s still years away. Until then, some believed that Tesla might offer a standard round steering wheel as an option, but the CEO confirmed today that it will not. Musk insists that the yoke steering wheel is worth it for offering better visibility of the instrument cluster and its driving visualizations. If you do a quick pros and cons list for the yoke wheel, it’s pretty simple. For me, the pros include the improved visibility, and it just looks cool. As for the cons, it is obviously not ideal for low speeds and for quick maneuvers in case of slipping:"

1627058866342.png

Last edited:
No round steering wheel for you! ;)

"CEO Elon Musk later confirmed that Tesla is indeed working on progressive steering, but it’s still years away. Until then, some believed that Tesla might offer a standard round steering wheel as an option, but the CEO confirmed today that it will not. Musk insists that the yoke steering wheel is worth it for offering better visibility of the instrument cluster and its driving visualizations. If you do a quick pros and cons list for the yoke wheel, it’s pretty simple. For me, the pros include the improved visibility, and it just looks cool. As for the cons, it is obviously not ideal for low speeds and for quick maneuvers in case of slipping:"

View attachment 687264
I wonder if they’ll change their mind if Consumer Reports and/or the IHSS gives out a lower safety rating due to the design.

I'm confused about the EPA ratings. Here are two example from the EPA site:
  • MS LR 19", EPA Range = 405 Mi., EPA 28 kWh/100 Mi. (.28kWh/Mi.). That implies a battery pack size of 113.4 kWh!
  • MS Plaid 21", EPA Range = 348 Mi., EPA 33 kWh/100 Mi. (.33kWh/Mi). That implies a battery pack size of 121.8 kWh!
Can someone please tell my what I'm doing wrong? It seems to me that if a car consumes .28 kWh/Mi. and the battery pack is 100 kWh, then the range would be 100(kWh)/.28(kWh/Mi.)=357 Mi. for the LR 19" and 100(kWh)/.33(kWh/Mi.)=303 Mi. for the Plaid 21"
Source:
I believe the EPA uses ‘outlet to car’ power usage which means they account for the efficiency of the charging(92%?). Makes it hard to work out battery size. Everything I have seen points to a battery of 100 kWh or maybe even a bit less.

I'm confused about the EPA ratings. Here are two example from the EPA site:
  • MS LR 19", EPA Range = 405 Mi., EPA 28 kWh/100 Mi. (.28kWh/Mi.). That implies a battery pack size of 113.4 kWh!
  • MS Plaid 21", EPA Range = 348 Mi., EPA 33 kWh/100 Mi. (.33kWh/Mi). That implies a battery pack size of 121.8 kWh!
Can someone please tell my what I'm doing wrong? It seems to me that if a car consumes .28 kWh/Mi. and the battery pack is 100 kWh, then the range would be 100(kWh)/.28(kWh/Mi.)=357 Mi. for the LR 19" and 100(kWh)/.33(kWh/Mi.)=303 Mi. for the Plaid 21"
Source:
With a 100kw pack, I'm pretty sure only 95-96kw is usable.
The MS LR 19" is 405 miles
The MS Plaid with 19" is 396 miles

Story
ALERTS HISTORY
TESLA PUTS NEW MODEL S DELIVERIES ON HOLD - ELECTREK - Reuters - 6:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time Jul 23, 2021
BRIEF-Tesla Puts New Model S Deliveries On Hold - ElectrekReuters6:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time Jul 23, 2021
July 23 (Reuters) -

• TESLA PUTS NEW MODEL S DELIVERIES ON HOLD - ELECTREK
Further company coverage: [TSLA.O]

(( [email protected];))
(c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Click For Restrictions - https://agency.reuters.com/en/copyright.html

Fremont, we have a problem! Let's hope that Tesla can resolve the delivery issue quickly. ;)

"Several new Tesla Model S buyers have told Electrek and posted to forums about how they are being told by Tesla that there’s a “hold” on delivering the new vehicle. Buyers who have been waiting for months for their new vehicles were told that they finally arrived at their local delivery centers, but Tesla wasn’t able to deliver them.
They are being told a bunch of different excuses for them not being able to complete the delivery, but the common thread appears to be that there’s a “hold” on new Model S. Several buyers are being told that the delay is due to “new inspection standards” (via hsien88·on Reddit):

However, Tesla is not telling them what they are inspecting and why it can’t give a new delivery date. Based on buyer reports, the hold appears to be in place since last weekend. Some buyers have expressed concerns that it could related to the Tesla Model S Plaid fire from last month, but there’s no clear evidence of that at the moment. CEO Elon Musk has previously commented that one of the reasons for the delay between the launch in January and the start of deliveries in June was to “make sure that the Model S’ new battery pack was safe.”

This
BTW they will be less than $4,500 with Pilot Spirt 4S’ (Flow Formed rims).
well.... if you're doing flow forged, then yes under $4500, but lets say you do full forged (e.g. sweet sweet TS5 from Tiitan 7) those will run about $3300 for the wheels plus $1200 for the tires.... umm... yes $4500 :)... and they'll take 10lbs off each corner!

i bought Tsportline aftermarkets on my current S in 2016... i didnt know then about things like weights as i know now... My 19' Tsportlines have been awesome, but they're just as heavy as the OEMs. If i had to do it again, I would be maniacal about losing unsprung weight (on the car, ie)

Last edited:
Oh and the fact that my SA in person (when we went to test drive a MY) was all like “oh please contact me with any questions you have or any rumors you want me to clear up” is kind of pissing me off. I emailed her 7 days ago with some rumors/questions I was curious about, and she has yet to answer. Worthless employee - literally only there to help people through the configurator and bring around a car to test drive (even couldn’t do that right without grabbing the wrong key)
say it with me.... woo... saah!

I wonder if they’ll change their mind if Consumer Reports and/or the IHSS gives out a lower safety rating due to the design.
It will be interesting to see how CR scores the new safety rating for the Tesla Plaid.
There are a few race cars from Porsche and Ferrari that can be ordered with a yoke-type track wheel... but CR will never test those examples. ;)