Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the extra $45000 and added timeline doesn’t matter to you, then why not? #yolo

This is new for me to have the ability to have an extra $45K for discretionary spending.

I’m going to read a book about starting a foundation or just getting some additional Philanthropy going. (Not boasting, just closing the loop on my other post so this group knows where I landed. ) Sticking with the LR and anyone who asks I will tell them it’s the LR because it’s really what I wanted.

Still waiting for my documents to populate in my account. Based on the last flyover they had plenty of red paint and a lot of cars near completion so I’m optimistic to get my car in early August!

Did I cancel my order? 🤔 Did Tesla decide to be rid of one more annoying customer and remove it? 🤫 Or, is the Tesla website just acting up again?

It could be any of the above!

798BCBAD-C59F-474C-8F0B-5338A005795C.jpeg

They might “fit” :) depends on what the backspace will be based on the offset of the old ones. now whether they will be adequate for the car is a different matter!

There’s only one problem with the old style Arachnids. The 8.5” front and 9” rear won’t fit properly on the refresh. The new ones are 9.5” and 10.5”
Actually, I think the old Arachnids will fit just fine, at least according to the website below.

The wheels are one inch narrower, so a lousy half inch per side, which should increase clearance from any suspension or fender parts, and the car weighs less than the old Model S so the handling will be improved. Another benefit: Arachnids then were forged and weigh less.

The perfect setup would be the original Arachnids with 0.5" spacers on each wheel... Forged strength and weight with a proper wide stance. ;)

1627171181548.png
1627171190559.png

Last edited:
You did really well on the tint selection. Black always looks so sharp! :cool: Enjoy your new Tesla and drive it in good health!
I contacted a bunch of shops around OC and have a list of prices if anyone is interested, can PM me.

Here's my car with full car Xpel Ultimate PPF, with Xpel Prime XR Plus tint (55% windshield, 30% fronts, 20% rears):

The perfect setup would be the original Arachnids with 0.5" spacers on each wheel... Forged strength/weight with a wide stance. ;)

View attachment 687855 View attachment 687856
I would not use spacers and wheels not designed for a car that runs a 154mph 1/4 mile. Just buy some nice forged aftermarket wheels. Signature wheels are lighter, stronger and look better with custom offsets. TSportline has new forged wheels too

I would not use spacers and wheels not designed for a car that runs a 154mph 1/4 mile.
Just buy some nice forged aftermarket wheels. Signature wheels are lighter, stronger and look better with custom offsets. TSportline has new forged wheels too
Nonsense... Porsche has used wheel spacers on their race cars for years. ;)
PS... the TSportline wheels are cast and rotary forged... not real forged wheels.

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I'm happy for all the people taking deliveries here but I'm more mad at Tesla for not delivering white interiors as often and a not even a single 19" configuration is delivered yet. This is getting infuriating at this point. How is it fair that people ordering with black/cream interior and 21" wheels are getting theirs before people who have been waiting for months. I know this wouldn't change a thing and I'm certain something someone will chime in to tell me it is all worth it once you get the car. What a f*cking joke!

Why are people with similar order dates and RN numbers to mine taking delivery of 436 VIN # cars while my 433 VIN is still sitting in Fremont? How long has my car been sitting there and why?
Just a small note, cars are not built in vin order. So they might have built a bunch in a batch of red for example with a certain vin range and then another color is another vin range. However, 433 is a bit lower on the new refresh. But remember LR are also coming off that line. Could have been a bunch of those inbetween. My vin is 435 range and I got my vin on the 13th Of July where as @dgs174 got a vin in the same range and took delivery in June.

It’s been a long journey and, sadly, there’s no end in sight.

I’ve been telling everyone I have a Plaid order for so long that they probably think I’ve lost my marbles.

How wonderful it was on battery day, to see all of Tesla’s progress on battery tech, and place an order. We were so young.

View attachment 687850

Then, the many months came and went. There was no word, until a tweet cancelled the dream of range and performance.

View attachment 687851

Then, finally, the launch event happened and June deliveries were being promised to the early orders! A token of good faith and something that made hanging on for so long feel worth it.

Now, we approach the end of July and there has been hardly an update, let alone hope. Nothing left to do but mix meme metaphors and be sad until Tesla decides to bless us with their attention, if but for a moment, and a VIN.

View attachment 687852

It took a while to catch up on the thread and it’s reassuring to see the delivery hold lifted and the first Plaid+ convert get a VIN.

Especially loved the club created by @Leodoc and the endless amount of positivity out of @2021plaid 👏

Nothing to do now but continue to hurry up and wait.
Dude! I'm speechless! 🤣 🤣 How much time did you spend on this post?! And thank you for the compliment, I always try to be positive. OMFG cannot stop laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!