Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly! Especially after about 160/180mph, the Tesla will absolutely pull away. The 765LT is a track car, not a top speed car, so it hits drag at those speeds. Consider this: the 765LT puts down around 765 hp to the wheels, vs. the Plaid, which is putting down between 970-999 hp, and holding it without any shifting.
Remember the gearing is very short on the 765LT actually the 720S probably has the same pull as the 765LT above 130 mph.

yeah it should be doable to receive a car this year here in Canada :cool: Having the white interior with CF doesnt help but there is no way i will switch to black seats. Here in Canada all Plaids, come with CF so you cant even choose the different trim. Me thinking that they might produce cars in August for Canada with CF as the cars needs to travel longer aka Train etc. after that EOQ push to US Customers on the CF trims. Again thats me trying to be positive.

Canadian Market is not that big for LR and Plaid.
I'm in Ontario and my delivery went from "estimated august" to nothing (plaid, white/white, 21", cf). I also didn't have the choice of CF or wood (but I don't know who in their right mind would pick wood anyway). I didn't know about the luxury vehicle tax on January 1st, 2022. **** Doug Ford.

Hopefully, the wait isn't too long - I need a car for winter.

Alright guys - after 5 days gone and seeing stuff, here are my thoughts:

-I'm not likely to go with the Model S, at this time. I haven't cancelled (yet), but I've been reading issues with the Model S both software and build quality, it sounds like the worst of the same ole' Tesla. I'm not prepared to pay $85k for a car, which will be my most expensive purchase thus far in life and have to deal with half baked software and *sugar* falling off the vehicle.

-On that note, the ANC was one of the top 2-3 features I was really looking for. I have doubts that will actually be active by EOY and if it is, IDK, I don't really trust Tesla to do it in an error-free way. Clearly something is complicated about it, otherwise seems like they would've gotten it out the door.

I've got a second car and while it is old, it's been completely paid for and meets the needs A to B. I really want the opportunity to drive the F-150 Lightning, the Ioniq 5, Rivian R1T, Model Y with 4680 (but think it comes out middle of next year at best) and Ford Bronco (though - I highly, highly doubt I could ever go back to ICE. have a test drive today though).

For me - I'm either going to go with the Bronco (doubtful) or wait for a new car when the whole market is (hopefully) better next year.
I understand your frustrations. You have been waiting for a long time and wonder if it will be worth it. My Model S LR is twice the price of my first house purchase. But you are doing the smart thing of not cancelling (yet). Every day there are people working to improve the software. I am with you, the ANC and tilting screen are the reason that I decided to buy a Model S instead of the Model Y. I ordered a Cybertruck but waiting until 2023/2024 was too long of a wait. I am hoping to catch the EOQ wave in September to get my car. White interior and 19” wheels are supposed to be available in September.

I haven’t heard of anyone being disappointed when they finally get their vehicle.

I would like to thank you for all of your past post. You and a handful of others have made my wait bearable. I hope whatever you decide makes you happy.

Alright guys - after 5 days gone and seeing stuff, here are my thoughts:

-I'm not likely to go with the Model S, at this time. I haven't cancelled (yet), but I've been reading issues with the Model S both software and build quality, it sounds like the worst of the same ole' Tesla. I'm not prepared to pay $85k for a car, which will be my most expensive purchase thus far in life and have to deal with half baked software and *sugar* falling off the vehicle.

-On that note, the ANC was one of the top 2-3 features I was really looking for. I have doubts that will actually be active by EOY and if it is, IDK, I don't really trust Tesla to do it in an error-free way. Clearly something is complicated about it, otherwise seems like they would've gotten it out the door.

I've got a second car and while it is old, it's been completely paid for and meets the needs A to B. I really want the opportunity to drive the F-150 Lightning, the Ioniq 5, Rivian R1T, Model Y with 4680 (but think it comes out middle of next year at best) and Ford Bronco (though - I highly, highly doubt I could ever go back to ICE. have a test drive today though).

For me - I'm either going to go with the Bronco (doubtful) or wait for a new car when the whole market is (hopefully) better next year.
Looking at how fast Tesla updates specs on its cars I won't be surprised if they announce a Plaid with 4680 with 500+ miles of range. The only reason they "cancelled" Plaid+ this year is so it doesn't hurt the Plaid sales which it was going to big time. I'm with you on the product being incomplete and several features being only promised instead of actually being delivered. Add their customer service being a damn joke to it and it's almost too easy to get fed up with Tesla. I'd have dropped Tesla in a heart beat had the competition had their sh*t together.

Per their signature. Assume it is accurate but the CF could change to wood and 19s could be 21s.

My order was placed on Battery Day, September 22, 2020 (I was in group that was auto-converted to Plaid on June 17, 2021). I have not changed anything since that original order on September 22 - my signature remains correct.

I understand your frustrations. You have been waiting for a long time and wonder if it will be worth it. My Model S LR is twice the price of my first house purchase. But you are doing the smart thing of not cancelling (yet). Every day there are people working to improve the software. I am with you, the ANC and tilting screen are the reason that I decided to by a Model S instead of the Model Y. I ordered a Cybertruck but waiting until 2023/2024 was too long of a wait. I am hoping to catch the EOQ wave in September to get my car. White interior and 19” wheels are supposed to be available in September.

I haven’t heard of anyone being disappointed when they finally get their vehicle.

I would like to thank you for all of your past post. You and a handful of others have made my wait bearable. I hope whatever you decide makes you happy.
That's what I am counting on too, EOQ push. If I am unable to get my car by then I highly doubt I will stick with my order

I was considering ordering a Lucid Air. I like the fact that it has the cameras, radar and lidar. I’d like to see one in person. Something about the photos remind me of my mother’s old Oldsmobile Aurora. :oops:

The main thing that bothers me is that their forums are way too quiet. I don’t think it’s a good sign. The plant expansion is for the SUV which is sorely needed.

Lucid needs to hire someone like @2021plaid to handle the social media outlets. A new car company really needs lots of endless positivity.
Saw Lucid (sounds like I was on something), at a car show. They would not let me sit inside but I was able to look closely. Looks very nice. Now that superchargers will be open to all, I would consider it. Provided it was available. But who knows, maybe it will be available before I get my Plaid? Blank4ever!

Last edited:
I'm in Ontario and my delivery went from "estimated august" to nothing (plaid, white/white, 21", cf). I also didn't have the choice of CF or wood (but I don't know who in their right mind would pick wood anyway). I didn't know about the luxury vehicle tax on January 1st, 2022. **** Doug Ford.

we have the same build mine is also blank now.

yeah it should be doable to receive a car this year here in Canada :cool: Having the white interior with CF doesnt help but there is no way i will switch to black seats. Here in Canada all Plaids, come with CF so you cant even choose the different trim. Me thinking that they might produce cars in August for Canada with CF as the cars needs to travel longer aka Train etc. after that EOQ push to US Customers on the CF trims. Again thats me trying to be positive.

Canadian Market is not that big for LR and Plaid.
Even if Canada isn't a huge market for the S, I'm sure there's a long backlog of customers awaiting the refresh to start delivering here. Travel to Toronto isn't THAT much longer. When I got mine, it made it to the Chicago hub, then transported on a car carrier to Lawrence.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed there aren't any further delays as my X order is scheduled for September and the lease extension runs out by October.

Even if Canada isn't a huge market for the S, I'm sure there's a long backlog of customers awaiting the refresh to start delivering here. Travel to Toronto isn't THAT much longer. When I got mine, it made it to the Chicago hub, then transported on a car carrier to Lawrence.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed there aren't any further delays as my X order is scheduled for September and the lease extension runs out by October.
Highly doubt we will see the X here in September i hope we do but unlikely.

Okay, I just saw this on another forum. For my friends also in CA that would like to remove their front plate holder, here is the legal answer (PPF with the license plate embedded and legal in CA!):
https://licenseplatewrap.com/

Pretty Amazing!
Never imagined that before. Now you have me thinking - in the spy movies, instead of magnetic plates, they'll put on a piece of Coloforms!
1627404027850.png

I'm going to go ahead and accept road chips vs. the 8kish cost of preventing them. If it really bothers me 6 years from now, I can have them repaired.
One in the "pro" column of a lease - return in 3 years, as long as the chips are smaller than a quarter I believe.
I've also seen the paint correction UNDER the PPF - I get it - pristine base, protection, etc. - though you can fix in a few years and PPF then as well in my opinion.
I will say the PPFs have some awesome colors, like that purple on the forum, and the iridescent color changing stuff - but hey, can't you also do that if the finish is already sun scorched, etc. like I see some old cars in Florida?
Is that like the Seinfeld episode - the guy shaved his head not because he was bald, but because he liked how it looked. But then he went to let it grow, turns out he really did become bald, and it really upset him?
Maybe I need to get out more...

I prefer wood big time over CF, but I can see the CF allure. I have paid a bunch for custom wood to be built from the factory for my cars - it's "that" important to me.
Meanwhile, as you're in Canada, hopefully you don't get hit with extra taxes, but if you do, does someone from motor vehicles apologize for it?