Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Completely Agree with your thoughts. I asked the question initially only because of what seems to be the priority of deliveries right now. LR will give ”almost” everything Plaid will, with much less cost. The only reason I contemplated going Plaid route was to possibly getting it earlier plus obviously being the fastest prod car on the planet is something I for one never imaging before having in my garage. The thought of being able to beat any car on the road (whether one does it or not) is gratifying enough IMO.

Is waiting possibly 2 additional months worth $45k is probably the question I should have asked.
No. And you probably won't get it faster than the LR either, if you order now. Configurator is a liar. Whether it's more of a liar than the SAs or not, is what I'm still trying to figure out.

Agreed. But there is 1.79 avail. Still a rate that is highly attractive vs buying outright.
Leveraging low interest loans to one's advantage is one step used by those building wealth (like Elon) and it also helps offsetting (a bit) of cost of acquiring depreciating assets..
I was approved for 1.25% loan from DCU. Of course, you need to become a member, which is quite easy by contributing a nominal amount to one of their supported charities, and if you get a referral from a friend, you'll recover that as well.
They advertise 1.5% on their website with a discount of 0.25% for energy efficient vehicles. If anyone needs a referral to open an account, I'd be happy to provide one. :)

Completely Agree with your thoughts. I asked the question initially only because of what seems to be the priority of deliveries right now. LR will give ”almost” everything Plaid will, with much less cost. The only reason I contemplated going Plaid route was to possibly getting it earlier plus obviously being the fastest prod car on the planet is something I for one never imaging before having in my garage. The thought of being able to beat any car on the road (whether one does it or not) is gratifying enough IMO.

Is waiting possibly 2 additional months worth $45k is probably the question I should have asked.

Unless $50k means nothing to you, spending it to buy additional speed that is unusable in virtually all real world driving scenarios is clearly a bad decision. Spending it in the hopes of getting the car earlier (no guarantee) doesn't seem very wise either. If you aren't super-rich, people aren't going to be impressed; they are just going to think you're a fool.

Unless $50k means nothing to you, spending it to buy additional speed that is unusable in virtually all real world driving scenarios is clearly a bad decision. Spending it in the hopes of getting the car earlier (no guarantee) doesn't seem very wise either. If you aren't super-rich, people aren't going to be impressed; they are just going to think you're a fool.
Doesn’t that speed logic apply to any fast car?

I've never passed anyone in a Lamborghini or other "waste of money flashy car" and thought they were a fool. I simply thought they figured out life better and sooner than I did.

Last edited:
You actually do have something to gain from cancelling preorders. It lets all the insulated managers, who won't talk to customers, have to deal with the metrics in their power point slides of decreasing reservations and cancelled orders.

Holding on to a reservation you don't want just lets them pat each other on the back for the loyalty of their customers. I bet there is a threshold of canceled reservations that makes someone ask what they can do to fix that trend.
Fair point, but unless you convince 5,000 other reservation holders to cancel their order with you, all you’ve done is cancel your reservation in vain.

I feel that for buying the most expensive thing ever apart for my house, the experience is easily one of the worst. Only beaten by the purchase of my Model3 (so far).

I swear that whenever a car company finally catches up with Tesla, I will remember these two purchase nightmares and will support that company over Tesla. I’m sure I’m not alone.

Alright guys. Finished the "twitter paper thing" as everyone who has been messaging me called it. Going to be posting on Twitter at 4pm and Sawyer Merritt will be Retweeting. Going to get A LOT of hate... From my friends and family, so feel free to like the Tweet to help me out at home! :)

If anyone else still wants to get in, just asking for your first full name and last initial along with the first 6 digits of your RN.

Not saying I like Lucid but... I do like this fully refundable move.

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 2.34.46 PM.png

Alright guys. Finished the "twitter paper thing" as everyone who has been messaging me called it. Going to be posting on Twitter at 4pm and Sawyer Merritt will be Retweeting. Going to get A LOT of hate... From my friends and family, so feel free to like the Tweet to help me out at home! :)

If anyone else still wants to get in, just asking for your first full name and last initial along with the first 6 digits of your RN.
Good luck!!! Thanks again 🙌

Is there any other way to read what you have written besides Twitter for those of us that don't ?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Income and profit are not the same thing.
  • Revenue: $11.96 billion vs $11.30 billion expected, according to Refinitiv
The company reported $1.14 billion in (GAAP) net income for the quarter, the first time it has surpassed $1 billion. In the year-ago quarter, net income amounted to $104 million.

I think they're doing.... just fine.

Not saying I like Lucid but... I do like this fully refundable move.

View attachment 689191
Tesla is fully refundable and besides the Lucid looks like an Oldsmobile ! The 'when' is the operative. Right now our 'when' can be measured in weeks to low single digit months vs their 'when' which is TBD. Right now it is like reserving a bottle of air.