Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once other manufacturers and car owners start paying to use the network Tesla will have tons of extra cash to expand the network rapidly. Tesla will essentially become the Exxon of fast charging, raking in ridiculous surplus income. Also, it may incentivize government entities and other manufacturers to help expand a brand neutral network of high power chargers.
Can’t wait to sit for an hour in line while other makes of cars are charging on a long journey. Here in California it is already getting crowded with the model S and Y.

So I'm going bonkers, flipping out, and looking at the code of the new website account page. Not sure if this is old info:
1) Tesla either has or had or will have their own insurance - here's a copy:
View attachment 689220
View attachment 689222

2) There's something called Codan insurance - where you can get up to 30 days of free coverage. That may be a part of the Tesla insurance.
View attachment 689224
BTW, still nothing for me under vin, EDD, September, or anything else. Womp womp! :(
I thought Tesla had insurance all along and it was just a Cali thing.... no?

Once other manufacturers and car owners start paying to use the network Tesla will have tons of extra cash to expand the network rapidly. Tesla will essentially become the Exxon of fast charging, raking in ridiculous surplus income. Also, it may incentivize government entities and other manufacturers to help expand a brand neutral network of high power chargers.
I think I’d rather have Tesla build out a nation wide network than the Federal Gov (either party in charge).

I was Lucy'd..... had SO much excitement when i received this....
Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 4.16.58 PM.png

Only to then learn that it in fact is NOT here(It's in NJ, I'm in VA).... Communication is such a strong suit. Fun fact, i leave for business trip for a week tomorrow, so it will be sitting on the lot for a week. Oh well, i am almost home(i think). Apologies to those who have waited longer or are being punted further forward.

Agreed. But there is 1.79 avail. Still a rate that is highly attractive vs buying outright.
Leveraging low interest loans to one's advantage is one step used by those building wealth (like Elon) and it also helps offsetting (a bit) of cost of acquiring depreciating assets..
Couldn't agree more. With practically "free" loans, I wonder why anyone would put all cash down.