Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a petty human being... I disagree with the content he posted on this thread, he finds random posts of mine to disagree with from random threads elsewhere on the forum.

Knock yourself out @Ramphex 🤡 I have 2531 more posts that you've missed.
View attachment 689243
He has already been warned once by the moderators for "weaponizing" the disagree button when I disagreed with two of his posts. Report him for this. If the moderators believe he is being petty, he may just lose the right to post here.

He has already been warned once by the moderators for "weaponizing" the disagree button when I disagreed with two of his posts. Report him for this. If the moderators believe he is being petty, he may just lose the right to post here.
I really just wanted the audience to know what kind of person they're dealing with.

I think that disagree button is a quick way to state your opinion, and pretty useful similar to the like button.

The problem is within seconds of my first disagree, I had multiple notifications of him disagreeing with my posts from random postings.

Last edited:
I was just annoyed by that video. Not because it's a bad video, but it's not a LR vs Plaid video. There's just a LR in it!
It was also a bad video. He said the headlights move. Wondered if the back display tilts. Then there was that horrible "scientific" proof of a quiet cabin. The Plaid was mentioned just for click traffic. It looked like he was giving a book report on a book he didn't write. Just showed up to a LR and started talking and trying things out.

I really just want it the audience to know what kind of person they're dealing with.

I think that disagree button is a quick way to state your opinion, and pretty useful similar to the like button.

The problem is within seconds of my first disagree, I had multiple notifications of him disagreeing with my posts from random postings.
Like I said, there is a report button for that kind of behavior. I chose to just spam the disagree button on him as well, which is why I know he received a warning (I got one too). Report him.

Reactions: Ramphex
This is a video that scared the crap out of me, but I'm glad I watched it all the way! Phew!
It was just an alignment and camera calibration thing. :)
These things have so many sensors that one thing off can really throw them for a loop.
That's the second video I have seen of his. For some reason, he likes to waddle around aimlessly while he talks. Makes the background oscillate the whole time.

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It was also a bad video. He said the headlights move. Wondered if the back display tilts. Then there was that horrible "scientific" proof of a quiet cabin. The Plaid was mentioned just for click traffic. It looked like he was giving a book report on a book he didn't write. Just showed up to a LR and started talking and trying things out.

The headlights do "move" in the sense they are adaptive. But yeah, it wasn't great. I was trying to be polite...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Okay now on a serious note, my sister that I mentioned earlier that ordered in January just got a VIN. But she already bought another car a couple of months ago and now doesn't want the Tesla anymore. Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 6.49.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 6.49.57 PM.png

Hi All,

Well today was my Plaid delivery day! It was the culmination of a truly wild and completely unexpected journey that all started with an order in late January and the expectation that the Plaids would be rolling out shortly after. We all know how that story played out, so no need to beat a dead horse there. I'll just say that I truly appreciate the camaraderie that I found in this thread throughout this confusing and often disenchanting ride. I am thankful for this group who made the wait tolerable and far more enjoyable than if I would've gone it alone.

I'm happy to report that my delivery experience in Nashville was smooth and easy...well as easy as picking up a car 3.5 hours away can be. This is my second Tesla that I've picked up from this location and I find the staff here to be excellent. The irony of it all is that the brand new Knoxville Tesla service and delivery center just down the road from my house is about to start scheduling deliveries in the next "two weeks" or so. I never expected the timing of all that to be so close, especially since the Knoxville service center was officially announced by Elon in a tweet in December of 2018 and is just now getting up and running. Fun Fact: it is a converted former Sears Service Center. But I digress.

My car is everything I hoped it would be upon first inspection and impression. I don't have any great observations to offer at the moment, as I drove my (Tesla provided) rental car 3.5 hours there, took care of the paperwork, hopped in the Plaid and headed 4 hours directly back home in terrible I-40 traffic. I'll say that the sum of the exterior refresh work is very stunning in person. Also, I'm so glad I waited for the carbon fiber interior, it's what I truly wanted even though the promise of a faster delivery by switching to wood was tempting at the time. The interior is beautiful, functional and many levels above my old Model S in every comparable category. The Yoke is cool, I like it! I was a little worried about the turn signals, I don't mind those either. I had absolutely no opportunity to explore any performance capabilities, but there will be plenty of time for that soon. 😇

Thank you for reading my tome, I'll be working on some videos for my channel soon too. In the meantime here are a few pictures I took today. Oh and to those waiting, I hope it goes fast, it will be worth the wait.

View attachment 688987

View attachment 688988

View attachment 688989

View attachment 688990
I have Tesla Service Center envy. The Rockville, MD SC is so sad looking compared to most them I see on TMC.

Okay now on a serious note, my sister that I mentioned earlier that ordered in January just got a VIN. But she already bought another car a couple of months ago and now doesn't want the Tesla anymore. Any suggestions?

View attachment 689274

View attachment 689275
What did she order. I may be interested in taking delivery of it. I’m not far from Tampa. Thank you!!
Edit: missed the description about. I would be interested in this!!!