Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the opposite situation. Ordered a LR earlier this month but status continues to be remain blank. Who knows whether Sep-Oct-Nov. So I ordered a Plaid this week and it continues to show delivery between Aug 12 - Aug 20. Knowing most of the deliveries have been Plaid, Plaid will come sooner than LR ordered.

My dilemma is that should I continue to wait for LR and take ownership of the Plaid in a few weeks.
How to say "I don't have a wife" without having to say you don't have a wife...

562C3BE9-50DA-4A72-88B4-CF6CDA6B0000.jpeg

To the owner of this Model S in the Cititower garage last night in downtown Orlando.. I am very jealous, but thanks for me finally see a refresh in real life.

MANY, lost count. Even after a VIN it changed every single day until this morning.
The trend seems to be you start out with a date range that is a couple weeks wide. It then gradually narrows to the point that it’s 7-days. If you get to 7-days, the VIN seems to show up very shortly after. (At least that’s what I’ve seen from you and others)

I suspect the factory does their production planning 3 weeks in advance based on materials on hand (or expected to receive) and current efficiency of the line. If you get matched to a car they expect to build, you get the date range. As long as things stay on course with the production plan, your date narrows in every day as the projected manufacture date approaches. Once you get to 7-days, it probably means your car is going to get built or is being built and a VIN is imminent.

Things can still change along the way with supplies, efficiency or logistics, but as long as you have that date range, it should be viewed as a positive and the more narrow the range the better it is.

If you have a Blank date or simply a month, it probably means you aren’t in the current build window and thus are given the best possible guess they have. These broad or blank EDDs should not be taken seriously.

The trend seems to be you start out with a date range that is a couple weeks wide. It then gradually narrows to the point that it’s 7-days. If you get to 7-days, the VIN seems to show up very shortly after. (At least that’s what I’ve seen from you and others)

I suspect the factory does their production planning 3 weeks in advance based on materials on hand (or expected to receive) and current efficiency of the line. If you get matched to a car they expect to build, you get the date range. As long as things stay on course with the production plan, your date narrows in every day as the projected manufacture date approaches. Once you get to 7-days, it probably means your car is going to get built or is being built and a VIN is imminent.

Things can still change along the way with supplies, efficiency or logistics, but as long as you have that date range, it should be viewed as a positive and the more narrow the range the better it is.

If you have a Blank date or simply a month, it probably means you aren’t in the current build window and thus are given the best possible guess they have. These broad or blank EDDs should not be taken seriously.

I hope you’re right. I’ll only refresh my account 427 times today instead of 467. Maybe my 7-day window will provide a VIN for me…

Until 19s appear, it will be a bit much of the same stuff. Dribbles of 21s being delivered. So kinda same old, same old at this point. But still important.
That is also why I am not convinced when my Tesla sales advisor tells me mine si to arrive between August 1 and 7. It shows zero in my Tesla account. I have 19" so until I see some in the wild I'll still wonder, even when I have a VIN I'll only believe it when I see it.

Perhaps it is odd that my 2016 reservation for a Model 3 to be delivered in Brazil still is on my account even though there are no public indications fo deliveries here beginning.

Now back to trying to find my Plaid!

FWIW, I did get a revised insurance quotation for my insurer, Progressive, that shows zero price change from the 3P now on the account. Probably that is despite my advanced age, and reflects a couple 911's, an XK8, P85Dand some other high performance cars with zero claims charged to me.

Marc whats the latest with your order?
@Aleks0404 @MarcG Good to see a few fellow Canadian Plaid orders here. Aleks you mentioned that your SA informed you that your car was going into production this Saturday....what SC are you dealing with?

I really really wish we had the option to choose ebony wood, would've ordered that to procure an earlier DD any day of the week. As it is, 21/CF/Black from Q2 of 2021 with an original EDD of August. Been blank for a week now.

Spoke to a random SA from Sherway yesterday and they said not to expect any Plaids until December/January due to "high volume demand". Called Woodbridge before that and an SA there said no Model S refreshes until October. The discrepancy and unprofessionalism truly is astounding.

Alright guys. Finished the "twitter paper thing" as everyone who has been messaging me called it. Going to be posting on Twitter at 4pm and Sawyer Merritt will be Retweeting. Going to get A LOT of hate... From my friends and family, so feel free to like the Tweet to help me out at home! :)

If anyone else still wants to get in, just asking for your first full name and last initial along with the first 6 digits of your RN.
Please add me as well.

Muhammad K RN115146

Hit the ignore button if you don’t like what I have to say. You have yet to post anything worthy, but you don’t see me crying about it. Plenty of your posts suck and you pick fights with other people as well Mr. Perfect. (Remember when you decided to take it upon yourself to take jabs at @lolachampcar a couple of days ago?)

You can’t expect 100 people in a thread with 2727 pages to agree on everything. If I see something I disagree with, for the most part I just move on and go to the next post. If you’re quick to smash the disagree button on me but not state why, or I see you’re just being petty, then when I don’t disagree with your content I’ll give you a thumbs down as well. Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it. After all, I think someone here is forgetting that this is an online forum.
But dude, you gotta admit that that tampon thing was gross, kinda weird and a bit over the line. Right? I don’t mind the arguments and opinions. Keep those coming! But maybe less tampon jokes?

I can't imagine what people had to go through that have been ordering cars from Tesla back in 2012. I hope they are still alive and did not break mentally.
Allegedly some of us may well have been 'broken mentally' for some time. If I recall correctly several of my colleagues back then told me I was insane to want a Tesla, and more than one told me I was 'certifiably insane' for buying TSLA before I even had a car. Then I showed then 'insane' mode, and subsequently the 'Ludicrous' mode that appeared, at a Ludicrous price too, at the end of 2014. Now several are Tesla owners.

None of that suggests that the 'mental break' might have beguiling before when I began regularly buying new technology new products:
evidence to support the 'already broken' thesis, in chronological order:
1963 DAF 33 (Dafodil): as fast in reverse as in forward. First 'production' fully variable ratio transmission.
1966 Rover 2000TC (look it up, advanced every way, but it really, truly did not work well)
1968 NSU Ro80 and if that wasn't sufficient proof of insanity I followed it with a Mazda R100 (both bought in Thailand)
1973 Mercedes Benz 300SEL 6.3 bought after the 1973 oil shock (at least I waited in the gas lines in style)
1989 BMW Z1
the list keeps going...

Perhaps that is why I am perhaps not so strongly out of sorts about waiting for my Plaid. After all I was already waiting for a Plaid+.

Now it is time to bother my Tesla guy again.

Last edited by a moderator: