Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ok, today is the day...... I have to give the Central VA delivery center major props. I am leaving for a week tonight, car came in at 11 this morning and they are squeezing me in this afternoon for delivery. Didn't have to, they seemed either to sympathize with the wait we have had, or wanted to be rid of me. Don't care which one. SOO, i did search, is there a current Refresh or Prior checklist to go over at delivery? I could find the 3/Y, but not the S.

Moderator note: Several posts that violated TMC rules of conduct have been moved to Snippiness. Some replies that quoted those posts went along as collateral damage.

Please remember that insulting other forum members or using vulgar or abusive language is against forum rules.

Additionally, mass "disagrees" on other members' posts are a type of harassment and are not allowed. (As a hint: If you've done this, perhaps in retaliation, remember you can undo those "disagrees".)

Thanks, and good luck to all those awaiting their new Plaid/LR deliveries,

Bruce.

Lmao nooo.. First Plaid order was battery day. Canceled in March for regular Plaid which was order number two. Third plaid order in May replaced order number two. Order number two was black CF and I wanted to switch to MSM/wood trim. The site showed June so I decided to eat the $100 and I placed a new order. Unfortunately, I ordered all with 19s so my bright idea didn’t work out so well. Of course after placing my most recent order, we learn about the 19” debacle, and the price goes up so I’m stuck. You can call me a dumbass, I’ll acceptView attachment 689574

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 10.34.05 AM.png

I think you’re right but only from a standstill. From a roll, the LR and Taycan Turbo S should be dead even.
Exactly! Above 110 mph, I would not be surprised in the least if the LR pulled on the Turbo S. Actually, I can say pretty much without a doubt that above those speeds, the LR WILL pull on the Porsche. The Taycan has less power, is 600 pounds heavier, and doesn't hold power nearly as well.

Lmao nooo.. First Plaid order was battery day. Canceled in March for regular Plaid which was order number two. Third plaid order in May replaced order number two. Order number two was black CF and I wanted to switch to MSM/wood trim. The site showed June so I decided to eat the $100 and I placed a new order. Unfortunately, I ordered all with 19s so my bright idea didn’t work out so well. Of course after placing my most recent order, we learn about the 19” debacle, and the price goes up so I’m stuck. You can call me a dumbass, I’ll acceptView attachment 689574
Naw. Monkey just hates you.

Let's see them pics! How much are you asking for if you don't mind me asking? You can DM me if you prefer.
Let's see them pics! How much are you asking for if you don't mind me asking? You can DM me if you prefer. Thanks!
5B0A05BD-F93C-4E79-AD21-3941CD87C687.jpeg

Exactly! Above 110 mph, I would not be surprised in the least if the LR pulled on the Turbo S. Actually, I can say pretty much without a doubt that above those speeds, the LR WILL pull on the Porsche. The Taycan has less power, is 600 pounds heavier, and doesn't hold power nearly as well.
Totally agree. Take a look at this simulation. Taycan turbo s wins from a standstill but not from a rolling 50mph start.

gorgeous.
Why are you selling so soon? Just curious
A few reasons. 1. Main reason is unfortunately my parents are sick and may have to move them from back home New York so currently shopping for a bigger house so cutting back a little on the toys. 2nd I had ordered a S Performance and got the whole switch to a plaid deal then the major delays so I went with the Taycan. So now I reordered the Plaid with a EDD of July 31 - August 8th as of this morning and hope to get it soon so the Taycan must go. In all honesty I really liked the Taycan and if I didn’t have to get a bigger house I would have kept it until the Plaid received the newer longer range batteries but hey family first so yea.

Taycan Turbo S gets murdered. That's not even close. That's good - Porsche will need to up the ante here, as the Plaid is in another league in this regard.
The problem is, that even if they did, it would end up being like $350,000, just to match the Plaid's performance. Porsche is pretty much out of the game at this point. The Plaid's next competition will be the Lucid Air Tri Motor (still like 180k+), which will just prompt Tesla to launch the SW update that puts the Plaid into the 8s.