Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys knocking on Porsche?! Their build quality, performance, and handling are top notch. I personally think the Taycan looks better in real life than in photos. Although the performance doesn’t rival the Plaid, I bet it still handles and gives better feedback than a Tesla. Was real close to getting one, but the Tesla was a better choice for road trips and a baby. I respect your guys’ opinions though. Just had to stand up for Porsche because it has been the best car I’ve ever owned.

I just recently realized that Volkswagen Group owns Audi and Porsche. That company is still on my naughty list for the lies about the clean diesel years ago. I was trying to take a step towards environmental better alternative then and finding out how they fudged the test just gave me a sour taste for anything VW. So with that, I’m not getting the Taycan or the e-trim.

I seriously had a dream last night that I woke up with an appointment to pickup my S today. It is the eve of my delivery window and I feel like a kid before Christmas presents, lol. Delivery window still showing 1-7 Aug…

Just spotted this at my local delivery center, thought you would all be interested. 21’s, black exterior, cream/CF. VIN 437 build date 7/2021. there was also a grey LR, black/21 no FSD
B55CF243-E26F-4D3B-989A-9993BE280B42.jpeg
DB8BC91D-800F-4233-8870-7054BB683473.jpeg

Last edited:
Got a date range for my red plaid on 19s, august 9-21. Ordered early March, converted to wood in June. Have had not any EDD since mid June. EDD showed up yesterday after I reached out to the Porsche about taycan cross turismo build allocations. The responsivenes and definite timelines of Porsche were welcome in comparison to the black hole of tesla communicatio.

I’m blank again today, so nothing new to report.

When I log in to my account, I can see my solar tile project which is 10 months old. I haven’t proceeded with it because nobody could answer my questions. I never spoke to anyone with any knowledge or authority. My quote went up to over $100,000, and I’ll never see a return. It’s one thing to buy a car. I don’t know of anyone in my area with a Tesla tile roof. I’d have much more to lose than $100.

Sorry for the off-topic rant, but this forum seems like a good place to vent. :)

Informative, but I would be stunned if Tesla ever denied a warranty claim for drag strip runs. And I'm pretty sure we'd hear about it on TMC.

How would Tesla claim no knowledge when DragTimes has been doing this for years, on YoutTube.com, and then taking his used Teslas in for trade ins?

Likewise, let us all agree: the recent Jay Leno drag strip event was a "Tesla sponsored" event. Are we to think that Tesla scrapped the car after the 1/4 mile was done? Of course not; it will be sold either as a used car, or as a "new" factory demo car; either way, it will still have a full factory warranty, as it should . . . .
True..........how can a manufacturer deny warranty claims for drag strip runs when they themselves, provide a "drag strip mode?"