Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA called. There's a blk/blk/21 plaid at my SC. Financing fell through for person. They are going to unmatch, but I asked for a little time to see if I can help. I'm not interested in the plaid. Any takers? Send PM. Serious only please.

Attachments

• 4659C40F-FFF0-4F30-A313-B6713512CDC6.jpeg
    4659C40F-FFF0-4F30-A313-B6713512CDC6.jpeg
    329.3 KB · Views: 128
I'd go with the EQS at this point for slightly more money to get a car sooner (apparent the 480 will be at 130k starting), but Mercedes will be many,many years away from self-driving (which they will likely either license or buy is my guess as they can't innovate there). That's the only thing holding me back, because the EQS just looks so much better. The FSD enablement should make the car way more valuable later. 9 months waiting now, and still no response from SC or SA. Just infuriating. I shouldn't have traded in my Mercedes. Maybe just give up and buy another Y then sell in 2 years when S is more stable.

So my SA reached out today.
A little background: I was a battery day Plaid + reservation converted to plaid the day the + was cancelled. They had me cancel my + RN11395 to get a new RN1151. On June 22nd I changed to 21's in the hopes I would take a June delivery as promised when I converted to Plaid from +.

Last week, After sending him 3 examples of Forums users with my exact config getting their cars, he send me an email saying:

"Thank you for this info.
I’ve just sent these details to our factory team requesting/demanding they provide a VIN as soon as possible. I’ll get back to you as soon as they respond."

Today I get an email that states: "I was just informed your Model S will arrive along with our next waive of Model S’s in October."

So looks like the next "Wave" of Model S's is way out in Oct :mad:

A little background: I was a battery day Plaid + reservation converted to plaid the day the + was cancelled. They had me cancel my + RN11395 to get a new RN1151. On June 22nd I changed to 21's in the hopes I would take a June delivery as promised when I converted to Plaid from +.

Last week, After sending him 3 examples of Forums users with my exact config getting their cars, he send me an email saying:

I’ve just sent these details to our factory team requesting/demanding they provide a VIN as soon as possible. I’ll get back to you as soon as they respond."

Today I get an email that states: "I was just informed your Model S will arrive along with our next waive of Model S’s in October."

Just in time for the beginning of quarter rush? Makes no sense.

I'd go with the EQS at this point for slightly more money to get a car sooner (apparent the 480 will be at 130k starting), but Mercedes will be many,many years away from self-driving (which they will likely either license or buy is my guess as they can't innovate there). That's the only thing holding me back, because the EQS just looks so much better. The FSD enablement should make the car way more valuable later. 9 months waiting now, and still no response from SC or SA. Just infuriating. I shouldn't have traded in my Mercedes. Maybe just give up and buy another Y then sell in 2 years when S is more stable.
I’m going to look at a S580 this afternoon. I’ve watched videos of it driving and it seems to do pretty well on the highway. I didn’t think that the EQS is available in the states at this time. The biggest problem with the S-Class is the ICE. I don’t think anyone will have true FSD soon.

My SA called. There's a blk/blk/21 plaid at my SC. Financing fell through for person. They are going to unmatch, but I asked for a little time to see if I can help. I'm not interested in the plaid. Any takers? Send PM. Serious only please.
Very interested. Unfortunately can't seen to PM due to lack of engagement on these forums (is there a threshold until you can start PMing people?!).

My number is 416-725-1195 if you'd like to send me more information over there, and my email is [email protected].

Thanks!

Very interested, unfortunately can't seem to PM due to lack of engagement on the forum (is there a threshold before one can start PMing people?).

Email is m_sulaimankhan(at)hotmail.com and number is 416 725 1195, if you would be kind enough to send more information there.

Thanks!

FSD isn't real, don't choose a car based on it.

FSD isn't real, don't choose a car based on it.

I would still buy the Tesla because their FSD is so far ahead even in its current state.

However, like so many other things relating to EVs, I think we’re one cycle away from others (Mobileye) catching up.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Tesla starts licensing their FSD like they are about to do with their supercharger network. That way they are eating Mobileye’s pie rather than the other way around.

I would still buy the Tesla because their FSD is so far ahead even in its current state.

However, like so many other things relating to EVs, I think we’re one cycle away from others (Mobileye) catching up.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Tesla starts licensing their FSD like they are about to do with their supercharger network. That way they are eating Mobileye’s pie rather than the other way around.
I thought the EQS had hands-free auto steer?

Either your SA is blowing smoke (plaid halted until October) or everything else is smoke up the Arse.
Either way, our future looks Smokey.