Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In addition to myself, I noticed over 20 people went from Blank -> AUG/SEPT/OCT this morning (almost all with 19" wheels). RN1146-RN1148 all went to AUGUST, RN1149 all went to SEPT and RN1150-RN1153 all went to OCT. It appears that things are starting to move! Or maybe it's just the monkey having some fun.
🤞 that it's real this time, mine now also saying August. We all understand delays due to parts shortages, but issuing and retracting EDD's continually is super annoying.

If history holds true, you'll see that range shrink a day or slide a day out every day for the next week or two. If you see it get down to a 7-day window and stay within a 7-day range for a few days, You'll get you VIN. You're in the homestretch!
Trying to not get too excited. If I do, Tesla will sense my excitement and send me back into the abyss of blankness.

Last edited:
In addition to myself, I noticed over 20 people went from Blank -> AUG/SEPT/OCT this morning (almost all with 19" wheels). RN1146-RN1148 all went to AUGUST, RN1149 all went to SEPT and RN1150-RN1153 all went to OCT. It appears that things are starting to move! Or maybe it's just the monkey having some fun.
I am RN1142 with 19" and went from 3+ months of blank to August, 4 days ago.

My delivery date is back! Aug 02 - Aug 06...I'll take my car today, please 😅 Still no MVPA, which I'll need to double check has FSD at $8k from my 9/22/20 order. And, that my order fee of $1,000 is a credit and not a fee (it's a fee being charged rather than deducted in the Order Agreement 🙄).

In the home stretch though, hopefully this doesn't mean I'm in the @Leodoc hates me club.

Also interesting, Progressive doesn't pull up the Model S using my assigned VIN, so I can't update my insurance. The Tesla insurance quote directly from them in CA is only $186 per month. Maybe I should take that? Anyone with an existing car go with Progressive or Tesla?

Monkeys are having a lot of fun. Here is an exception to your rule. Ordered a LR for the wife after driving my Plaid for a day. It is that good. Anyhow - RN1153 and currently (since yesterday) showing AUG 7 - 21. Told the wife to expect FEB or so... but hey we will take it if it actually shows up in August....

more evidence, I’m RN1150 and have Oct as of this morning after a month at blank. I also have been told twice that my order is in build planning (although one person did tell me that he’s seen orders stay there for anywhere from 1 week to 3 months).

RN: 1144 here, aint got *sugar* still. 19s.

Will note - I changed my color from white to red back in May, probably screwed me hard, even tho they told me it wouldnt.

Monkeys are having a lot of fun. Here is an exception to your rule. Ordered a LR for the wife after driving my Plaid for a day. It is that good. Anyhow - RN1153 and currently (since yesterday) showing AUG 7 - 21. Told the wife to expect FEB or so... but hey we will take it if it actually shows up in August....
per your signature
RN1153 - 7/18/2021: LR, 21'', white ext, black int
Wow. Going to set of a few people. But good for you, or rather your wife.

RN11399 here and still blank since yesterday when it changed from July to blank.

My delivery date is back! Aug 02 - Aug 06...I'll take my car today, please 😅 Still no MVPA, which I'll need to double check has FSD at $8k from my 9/22/20 order. And, that my order fee of $1,000 is a credit and not a fee (it's a fee being charged rather than deducted in the Order Agreement 🙄).

In the home stretch though, hopefully this doesn't mean I'm in the @Leodoc hates me club.

Also interesting, Progressive doesn't pull up the Model S using my assigned VIN, so I can't update my insurance. The Tesla insurance quote directly from them in CA is only $186 per month. Maybe I should take that? Anyone with an existing car go with Progressive or Tesla?
Orange County only a day from Fremont. Most cars arrive at the delivery center a day after VIN is assigned.

That is gorgeous!! Is that cream? May I see lots more interior pics? I was worried about the color but it looks awesome.
76BCAD0B-408B-4E71-B0C9-922E6C4B02AC.jpeg

I'm RN1148, and I'm estimated for September delivery.

RN11399 here and still blank since yesterday when it changed from July to blank.

Sadly, despite everyone at Tesla saying we’d have priority from original order date, that’s proven to be false. Your white seats are probably the biggest delay and CF maybe adding slightly to that too.

Hope you get some updates and priority soon! For an EV company, Tesla does love blowing a ton of smoke.

I have a 5 day window but no call on what day 2-8 for me

Confirmed happened to me. 1152 went from blank to october.