Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TPMS part numbers:

14TPWheel Unit, BLE, Silver1490701-00-BOver-the-Counter(No VIN)$75.0044
14TPWheel Unit, BLE, Black1490701-01-BOver-the-Counter(No VIN)$75.0044
15NUT, SILVER VALVE, TESLA TPMS1518499-00-AOver-the-Counter(No VIN)$0.5044
15NUT, BLACK VALVE, TESLA TPMS1518499-01-AOver-the-Counter(No VIN)$0.5044

I put in a service request in my app for "tire rotation" and in the notes I mentioned that I really only need a set of TPMS for new wheels. I gave them the part numbers for the "black" versions, and this morning they responded that they are on order, and will let me know when they arrive. Hooray!

BTW, this comes directly from the online parts catalog here:

Shifted again. 17-31 August:

Blank
August
Blank
August
Blank
August
July 28-Aug 11
Blank
August
July 31-Aug 12
August
Aug 4-Aug 17
Aug 5-Aug 18
Aug 6-Aug 17
Aug 7-Aug 17
Aug 8-Aug 17
Aug 9-Aug 17
Aug 10-Aug 17
Aug 11-Aug 19
Aug 12-Aug 21
Aug 13-Aug 24
Aug14-Aug 26
Aug 15-Aug 28
Aug 16-Aug 28
Aug 17-Aug 31

I ordered in April, after seeing the production delays, knowing I couldn't afford to buy my car until September. It's looking like I may have nailed the delivery time perfectly.

I'm sorry--it looks like for Firefox, my previous instructions were incorrect.

1. Right click on your account page and select Inspect. This should pop open a window that shows the page's source along with other tabs like Console, Debugger, Network, etc.
  2. Select Console
  3. Either type in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Registration.result.vehicleMapId or paste it into the console where you see >>
    1. If you choose to paste it, you may have to type "allow pasting" into the console before it will let you paste. This is because, generally speaking, pasting commands into a browser console can be very dangerous and you should not do so frivolously.
  4. You should see you Vehicle Map ID appear when you've typed that in, like below:
View attachment 691263
31989xxx inputted to spreadsheet. 7/29/21 order (RN1154xxxxx), Sept ==> JAN estimated delivery date :mad: Config: White/Black/Wood w/FSD and 19's

In my world, I am buying a 130k car. I am going to spend 7k on forged wheels and tires on top of that. I will be spending additional money on window tinting and PPF.

Nowhere within that list can practicality or, better yet, frugality be found as the primary driver. Perhaps that makes me weird. I found the wall connector to be a nearly necessary accessory to complete the ensemble.

A side benefit is that my wife loves the green light once the unit was installed.
So Tl;dr is green light makes the wife happy. The tesla doesn’t care that much.

MSLR black on black 21inch wheels. Kansas city Mo

Was blank till about 6/15 with an EDD of September. This past Monday, 7/26 I showed 14 day ranges.

7/26 showed 8/10-8/24
7/27 showed 8/11-8/25
7/28 showed 8/12-8/26
7/29 showed 8/13-8/27
7/30 showed 8/14-8/28
7/31showed 8/15-8/29
8/1 showed 8/16-8/30
8/2 showed 8/16-8/30
8/3 (today) shows 8/17-8/31

I did email the rep I deal with yesterday, I got excited the the date stayed the same for 2 days between Sunday-Monday. He said he doesn't have any known dates but "forecasts" September 🙄

I wish you had gotten the VIN...my original dates when I got my VIN were 8/3-8/6.
Hah. I should be collecting VINs? You live 15 minutes from the store. Sounds like a road trip. If you are in south Indianapolis area (Harding and 465), give a fool a ride.

This picture has the temporary license. Chances seem quite high that this is your car.

Attachments

• 20210802_180845.jpg
    20210802_180845.jpg
    642 KB · Views: 78
Well, there is another 1144 crying the blues. I cannot imagine what the system configuration might be.

I stopped by the Castleton Corner Tesla Store (Indianapolis). They had a MSLR Black/black with wood trim and 21" wheels. Posted a picture of it in this forum. I suppose that is where you are going to take delivery.

Have you put your info in the tracker? What kind configuration are you waiting on?
Correct, Indy pickup. LR - White on White w/21” wheels. Haven’t put it in the tracker yet, just found this site (and the tracker) last week or so and haven’t added it yet.

It is helpful to all on the S delivery thread if you guys would just add all of your order information on your profile.

Like this:

View attachment 691440
I’m new to this site and maybe just didn’t spend the time to dig deeper to figure out where to add this in my profile, but it also seems my account has limitations on it as a new user until further activity or engagement occurs. New profile allows to add location, but nothing beyond that as I agree I would like to add that so it’s clear for everyone.

I’m new to this site and maybe just didn’t spend the time to dig deeper to figure out where to add this in my profile, but it also seems my account has limitations on it as a new user until further activity or engagement occurs. New profile allows to add location, but nothing beyond that as I agree I would like to add that so it’s clear for everyone.

Not sure of the exact formula but after “some” posts and “likes” you should get the option to update!! Hope I helped with that with a 👍🏻On your post

So Tl;dr is green light makes the wife happy. The tesla doesn’t care that much.
Nah

TL: DR I am buying the quickest production car in the history of cars. I am not going to put some chintzy looking NEMA 14-50 on the wall.

Reconciling saving a few hundred dollars when buying a 130k car seems mental. (to me) I already said I may be a bit weird though.

Not sure of the exact formula but after “some” posts and “likes” you should get the option to update!! Hope I helped with that with a 👍🏻On your post
Appreciate that! Can’t change the profile photo, can’t react to posts, etc. a little strange to be limited from the beginning, but that’s alright. Assume it’s to keep the bots away or something.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Correct, Indy pickup. LR - White on White w/21” wheels. Haven’t put it in the tracker yet, just found this site (and the tracker) last week or so and haven’t added it yet.
SO...

I also know that they have a white on white in the service area that I could not put my eyes or camera on last night. Maybe you should call the Indy store.

Reactions: Zaker89
How is the 70 on the windshield? Any visibility issues at night? Rainbow effects with polarized glasses? Is the heat reduction on your legs and arms noticiable? Thanks!
I never had any visibility issues with 70% across the entire windshield. Do not have glasses. The heat reduction is significant. And you can especially feel it on the dash since it is all black.

SO...

I also know that they have a white on white in the service area that I could not put my eyes or camera on last night. Maybe you should call the Indy store.
I appreciate that heads up! Just called, and while she was nice she was not very helpful (compared to the last person I spoke with when I called a month or so ago). “What we see when we look is exactly what you see in your account”. Sounds like that one isn’t mine unless they’re keeping the VIN a secret for a bit, but it was worth a shot!

Nah

TL: DR I am buying the quickest production car in the history of cars. I am not going to put some chintzy looking NEMA 14-50 on the wall.

Reconciling saving a few hundred dollars when buying a 130k car seems mental. (to me) I already said I may be a bit weird though.
If you really want to be baller you need to get a V3 supercharger in the garage.

Hah. I should be collecting VINs? You live 15 minutes from the store. Sounds like a road trip. If you are in south Indianapolis area (Harding and 465), give a fool a ride.

I was there last weekend and posted part of the VIN of a Plaid I saw sitting there. I'm actually downtown right now but yeah, have you ever driven from Zionsville to Hassleton? It's more than 15 minutes. 🤣 You can meet me during lunch downtown if you want a ride sometime.

This picture has the temporary license. Chances seem quite high that this is your car.
Nope...my SA said that car is going to Michigan WTF that means and why did it come here first?

Reactions: Ormond