Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@sflgator I said that because he flew off quickly while being on video. I was just trying to be funny. I am not always successful. If I had a Plaid, I would probably strut like a proud peacock too.
No problem. It's just there are a few TMC members on here that enjoy making insinuations that all those who spent an extra $40k or whatever on a Plaid vs. the LR are just "peacocks" just trying to impress others without thinking for a second that having the current quickest production vehicle in the world (with that unseen level of performance for $130k-$150k vs. > $500k for a Ferrari or Lambo or whatever) would actually just make themselves happy. 👍 :cool: Personally, I see "peacocks" as mainly Lambo, Bugatti, Bently, RR, etc. drivers; not 4-door family sedan drivers. Just saying. Thank you for clarifying.

Friendly reminder---Make sure to get those fee 1,000 supercharging miles. You can still add a referral if you have not even after ordering. Happy to share mine if needed 🤣 Mine is in my signature and happy to PM anyone that needs one
But isn't that for anyone who places a brand new order? Is it possible for any of us (who ordered our MS Plaid or LR months ago) to get 1,000 free SC miles? Or do our cars automatically come with 1,000 free SC miles? Sorry, this is my 1st Tesla and I know the company has monkeyed around with this perk over the years; thought they simply don't offer free SC miles nowadays?

But isn't that for anyone who places a brand new order? Is it possible for any of us (who ordered our MS Plaid or LR months ago) to get 1,000 free SC miles? Or do our cars automatically come with 1,000 free SC miles? Sorry, this is my 1st Tesla and I know the company has monkeyed around with this perk over the years; thought they simply don't offer free SC miles nowadays?
Try to add it to your order. I think that they'll add it if your order isn't too far along in the process.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Try to add it to your order. I think that they'll add it if your order isn't too far along in the process.
Ordered 2/5/21 and my order is supposedly in "priority production planning" whatever that means...it's been in that stage since June, so basically, nada until they start production on my build. But, likely too late for the 1,000 free SC miles. Thanks anyways.

I‘lol probably be denied access to the “Leo hates you club“ as well. Are you accepting applications to the “Leo loves you“ club yet? :)
Please be advised that given your order date of Sept 2020, you are not eligible. That said, if by some miracle I get my LR before you get your Plaid, you are free to take over the club and rename it. Thank you for the interest. Please accept this koozie as a gift.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    109.6 KB · Views: 79

Other forum members are reporting mixed results. Some one said their SA said 'it would be added at delivery, that is the standard process' 😳 I'd think doing it at the time of order is the "standard process", but what do I know.

That said, I had two Reddit users PM me for one and were successful in adding it by emailing the referral program. I can see their "order date" in the loot box of the app.

No problem. It's just there are a few TMC members on here that enjoy making insinuations that all those who spent an extra $40k or whatever on a Plaid vs. the LR are just "peacocks" just trying to impress others without thinking for a second that having the current quickest production vehicle in the world (with that unseen level of performance for $130k-$150k vs. > $500k for a Ferrari or Lambo or whatever) would actually just make themselves happy. 👍 :cool: Personally, I see "peacocks" as mainly Lambo, Bugatti, Bently, RR, etc. drivers; not 4-door family sedan drivers. Just saying. Thank you for clarifying.
Plaid is a stealth monster. A commuter sedan with supernatural power.

If I wanted to show off to my friends, absolutely I’d go with a top end Porsche or Ferrari. Nothing peacock about Plaid at all. which is why I like it. Stealth insanity.

"Waverider317 said:
Friendly reminder---Make sure to get those fee 1,000 supercharging miles. You can still add a referral if you have not even after ordering. Happy to share mine if needed 🤣 Mine is in my signature and happy to PM anyone that needs one"

The dude's post has been deleted. I asked my Tesla contact to add his deal to my account as a referral to try it out. I will keep everyone posted.

It does seem a bit silly to not take advantage of the available program.

Plaid is a stealth monster. A commuter sedan with supernatural power.

If I wanted to show off to my friends, absolutely I’d go with a top end Porsche or Ferrari. Nothing peacock about Plaid at all. which is why I like it. Stealth insanity.
Omg so well said guys! But as @AnselmDante and I discussed last month, this is human nature at work my friend.🙂

First, NJ delivery scheduled for next week!! MSLR, MSM, 21, RN1146xxx
I still don't fully believe it's going to stick, but fingers are crossed.

Second, Torklift is looking for folks with a refreshed Model S to check out if the existing hitch offerings will fit.
If you're in the Seattle area and think you want a hitch installed give them a call/email : 800-246-8132 / [email protected]
Who knows maybe they'll give you a deal (or do it for free)!

Reactions: HumanInput
AFAIK, the only thing separating the Plaid visually from the MSLR is the carbon fiber spoiler. The spoiler is pretty low key, and it takes a sharp eye to spot the seat difference.

I think that it would be cool to have Plaid exclusive colors such as Solar Silver, Boring Beige, Peacock Purple and Mars Mango Metallic. I think exclusive colors would boost sales.

AFAIK, the only thing separating the Plaid visually from the MSLR is the carbon fiber spoiler. The spoiler is pretty low key, and it takes a sharp eye to spot the seat difference.

I think that it would be cool to have Plaid exclusive colors such as Solar Silver, Boring Beige, Peacock Purple and Mars Mango Metallic. I think exclusive colors would boost sales.
That crimson I saw on an incomplete model S body would have been my choice.