Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See the bubbles? It’s film, but it’s wrapped around the edges.
512BD58A-4359-40DC-9C9D-28BB844685A8.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Open the Tesla phone app, tap on the loot box in the top right corner, tap on "share your referral link" then email it to yourself. I believe that should work as long as you have a tesla.com account.
Do you get 2,000 super charger miles using your own? Or 1,000? Using someone else’s gets you 1,000 and the other person also gets 1,000.

As stated earlier ordered Plaid + 9/22/2020 minutes after orders opened. Transitioned to Plaid white/white black CF and 21" no FSD. EDD went from July to nothing. Inside contact was able to look ahead out to mid-Sept and I have no VIN assigned to that point. In fact no one in my region North Texas with that config has a vin assigned according to him. He was told no White/White cars will ship until after mid September. Cash purchase and own 3 other Teslas, you would think when the white CFs become available I would get one.
We can only hope we get some love through the EOQ rush. But all indications point to us battery day converts with White CF are October.

As stated earlier ordered Plaid + 9/22/2020 minutes after orders opened. Transitioned to Plaid white/white black CF and 21" no FSD. EDD went from July to nothing. Inside contact was able to look ahead out to mid-Sept and I have no VIN assigned to that point. In fact no one in my region North Texas with that config has a vin assigned according to him. He was told no White/White cars will ship until after mid September. Cash purchase and own 3 other Teslas, you would think when the white CFs become available I would get one.
I also ordered on Plaid+ 9/22/20 I live in Florida. Silver 21 FSD CF. I have nothing also, crickets.

Well just got the email to complete my payment and checked my account and of course I got a VIN for the Plaid I ordered in July with Black interior. So now the decision to pay the extra $10k and pick up this one. I’m debating on just buying this one and selling it when the white interior becomes available. I can just take out an equity loan to pay cash for this one. I would think I would be able to receive MSRP for it in a month or two with less than 1,000 miles. I don’t drive much really. Hmmmm. What to do..

Well just got the email to complete my payment and checked my account and of course I got a VIN for the Plaid I ordered in July with Black interior. So now the decision to pay the extra $10k and pick up this one. I’m debating on just buying this one and selling it when the white interior becomes available. I can just take out an equity loan to pay cash for this one. I would think I would be able to receive MSRP for it in a month or two with less than 1,000 miles. I don’t drive much really. Hmmmm. What to do..
What exterior color? Cf or wood?

Tint scheduled for Thursday! I think I'm going to do 50 front windows, 35 rear windows and trunk, 70 windshield. I know @omarsultan did 55% all around and 70% on the windshield and that looked pretty clean, but not as dark as I would like. Has anyone done a darker tint and have photos? 😄
Started a dedicated tint thread for everyone to share photos of different tints: Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

But here's a couple photos of mine with 55% windshield, 30% fronts, and 20% rears:
15BF1FC2-6E2F-4264-BE7C-D315E9EFE2B0_1_201_a.jpeg

4C74714D-210C-4913-9AE7-B56A4393C112_1_201_a.jpeg

Pinging @Leodoc

Your invitation into the club is pending your decision.

should you choose to take this vehicle, you will be welcomed into the VIP section with a RIDICULOUS time from order to delivery. If you choose to do the right thing and let someone who ordered BEFORE you take it, you do not need to be in the club.

for now, i dislike you. I don't hate you.

You choose how to proceed (with caution)

Last edited:
Update on possible
Phantom drain/not sleeping: Sentry is off BUT dashcam is actively recording at random times. Checked the manual and “held” the recording button to “pause” the feature. Will check tomorrow if this is the culprit. Manual says car only records when its on but its been off since last night.

also where is the dashcam button next to the status bar..homelink..wifi..bluetooth..like the other models? Only way i can see the dashcam viewer is by voice command.

• Informative
If you are simply doing small bits of PPF like this, you can go the cheap and cheerful route:

Once you have assembled everything:
  1. Clean the area where you are going to apply the PPF--you want it clean, smooth and grease/oil-free
  2. Spay area with the spray bottle (don't be shy)
  3. Peel the backing off the PPF and spray the backside of that too (again, don't be shy)
  4. Position the PPF where you want--all the soappy water helps you move the film around, but work quickly
  5. Use the squeegee to squeegee the excess soapy water and any air bubbles out from under the film
  6. If there an any stubborn bubbles, use the edge to the plastic card to squeegee those out
  7. Let everything dry--the surface should dry quickly, but it will take couple of days or longer for all the water to evaporate from under the film, so don't wash your car for a week
  8. Apply the HOV decal to the film
Awesome, thanks. Does this work if I'm already planning on having the car covered in PPF?