Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the CHARACTERISTICS
Specifications shown in US values

Plaid's stated top speed requires appropriate wheels and tires which will be available in the fall of 2021.
- Any relation to the delivery of the 19"?

- At this time, the 21" tires currently fitted have a load rating ( 102 ) and speed rating ( Y )
(Y) does not allow for speeds above 300 km/h (186.411 mph).

Yeah, there's been some confusion on this. Motortrend has been saying that you need the existing 21s/tires for 200mph. Tesla themselves makes it less clear.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
In the CHARACTERISTICS
Specifications shown in US values

Plaid's stated top speed requires appropriate wheels and tires which will be available in the fall of 2021.
- Any relation to the delivery of the 19"?

- At this time, the 21" tires currently fitted have a load rating ( 102 ) and speed rating ( Y )
(Y) does not allow for speeds above 300 km/h (186.411 mph).
I doubt that the 19s are held up by the 200 mph, as they will likely never go that speed. Their tires are firmly Y rated which means they are not to exceed 186 mph.

And actually, Y without parentheses doesn't allow for speeds in excess of 186 mph, while (Y) with parentheses does:
So the Arachnids' tires are in fact capable of 200 mph. :)

Screenshot (119)_LI.jpg

All the 1144s in the house feeling like 19s are right around the corner.

Still no VIN or EDD but feeling like Elon might find my VIN in a week to ten days based on nothing but the way the wind is blowing.
I’ve lost track. Are the 19” VINs all for Plaid, or are there some LRs with VINs too? Thanks.

I’ve lost track. Are the 19” VINs all for Plaid, or are there some LRs with VINs too? Thanks.
The only 2 VINs I know of so far are for Plaid models, per the sheet:

I have a question for the forum folks. If I buy an orphan MS that was refused, do I pay the current higher price? If so, do they print out a new window sticker? It would be nicer to pay the price when whenever the car was produced.

A SA told me that I’d have to pay the current price.

My orders both have blank delivery dates.
I hate to say, it really depends. Depends how much the SA and their manager want to work for it.

Maybe someone has posted this, but I just met with my SA and asked about the four MS sitting in the back lot for the last week. He said there was a hold on them. That information we already knew (that Tesla was putting holds on cars).
Another hold? Or a the previous hold? That also makes no sense as people have taken delivery as soon as yesterday?

I don't know if you saw that President Biden said that by 2030 half of the cars sold in the US had to be electric. I mentioned that to my wife and she quipped, "Do you think Tesla will deliver your car by then?"
Model S LR white/white FSD and 21" wheels. Ordered March 10 RN1146. Current delivery status blank.
Smart wife! 😂

...does she has an "in" over at Tesla? Asking for a friend...

I don't know if you saw that President Biden said that by 2030 half of the cars sold in the US had to be electric. I mentioned that to my wife and she quipped, "Do you think Tesla will deliver your car by then?"
Model S LR white/white FSD and 21" wheels. Ordered March 10 RN1146. Current delivery status blank.
I mean she does have a good point

• Funny