Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is called paying it forward and it was my pleasure.
LeoDoc is next on my list :)

Owners in the past have been kind enough to do the same for me while I was anxiously waiting. It is nice to have a chance to return the favor to the forum.
Much appreciated and look forward to our next meet up...me with my white MS Plaid and you with your red MS Plaid; then, we'll get together with a bunch of us here in South FL (maybe meet up with Brooks too?)...would be fun! 👍 :cool:

I may need a Plaid+.
My previous P85D turned P90DL (85 battery failed pressure test during L upgrade) had 241 miles of rated (not ideal) range at 100k miles and it would pretty much deliver that range on mostly highway with some city driving trips. Fast forward to the new Plaid and I am seeing things like a trip two days ago (same basic drive profile) where I used 148 indicated for a 112 mile trip. There was some rain on that one but basically the car is delivering about 75% to 80% of the number shown on the dash.

Given there is no rated versus ideal setting I can only assume what I am seeing is "Ideal" which, in Tesla speak, means NEVER. If I apply the 75% correction factor to the 350 mile claim I get 262 miles. Not really that much more than my previous car with 100k miles of degradation.

Oh, and both are running about 320 Wh-hr/mile.

Elon, I would like the 520 fancy mile (390 real mile) range Plaid+ please.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    984 KB · Views: 53
I went to the Dublin, CA (near fromont) dealer several days ago. Guy there was pretty helpful, saying the SA is supposed to be communicative. All the MS there were 21" not 19". All of them. They had 4-6. No white and carbon. I maybe just try to change Service Center to Fremont. He "expected" I would get my car since I had waitig 9 months within the next 1-2 months. Of course he knows no more than we do here.

As an aside…. I locked in my trade a few days ago (good for 30 days or 1000 miles) at $51800. That’s when my EDD was January. As many of you may recall, I started with an EDD of September. When it changed to January, I was pissed because of the trade depreciation risk, solely in the hands of Tesla. Fast forward: Today, My EDD is within the 30 day window (yea)…. So, for grins and giggles, I requested a quote for the same VIN locked for 30 days. Guess what…. The new estimate is $10,000 less than it was a few days ago when I locked it! Trader’s beware! 🤬

Last edited:
We have a 10 month old and i can attest that the MS is great for families. The child seat does not compromise space for the front seat passengers and the stroller fits in nicely in the frunk leaving the trunk for other stuff. Like me, you also made the gutsy decision to go with white seats. Bravo!
Stroller might not fit in the frunk now due to the addition of the heat pump, since it's made the 21 frunk a lot smaller.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My estimated delivery is February. One month before my birthday… kinda wishing it gets delayed a month :)
The way things have been, I have a feeling your wish will come true.
Okay, so this is for everyone STILL WAITING for their MS Plaid orders like me @umair239 @Aleks0404 and others. A super nice local gentleman here on TMC was kind enough to reach out to me to ask me if I wanted to meet with him and take a look & drive his brand new MS Plaid. I'll let him decide if he wants to be identified and respond to my post, but for now, I'll just THANK YOU again...much appreciated as it helped me to confirm my thoughts and understand that this EV is indeed worth waiting for! 👍 :cool: It was truly a pleasure meeting with and spending some time with this gentleman and his new Tesla MS Plaid. Cheers my friend!!!! Here are my initial thoughts and impressions:

First on the performance: Amazing as everyone says; pulls like no other at any speed. Like the GT-R but x 2 and silent and buttery smooth as an EV should be. Quiet and easy to drive. Super stable at any speed and yes, as everyone has already said, it pulls like a freight train no matter what speed you're starting from when you hammer it...better get ready just before you nail it! :oops:;)

Second on the technology & driving settings: Personally, I like Sport steering mode (seems to have the best for control and tight steering) and I think the Auto suspension ride dynamics seem to work best although the sport mode and lowest ride height on the air suspension works and feels great to me but my GT-R was super bumpy, loud, and jittery here and there so it all depends on what you're used to. I can see possibly using the auto ride height on the air suspension but all the differences when you change them seem to be fairly subtle. I didn't get to try any of the advanced settings but most likely, I won't touch all that in my own MS Plaid either.

Third on the yoke steering and interior fit, finish, and feel: Nice interior. Very comfortable and the vegan seats are nearly identical to any soft leather seats I've had in any car (btw - my Porsche Macan Turbo leather seats were super sporty and awesome but much 'harder' in feel than these...not nearly as soft and supple as these Tesla vegan leather seats). The yoke steering not as bad as I thought it would be; in fact, as one of the big skeptics of the yoke steering over the past 6 months, I was truly very concerned, especially after hearing a few people say they just cannot deal with it and they're immediately selling their MS Plaid. However, I can tell you that it's actually a non-issue. It's fairly easy to maneuver even in parking lots at low speed; just have to get used to it and the blinkers and horn buttons on the steering (no stalks)...which I think I was able to do fairly easily in just my first 20 min drive. The air conditioning seats work well and a/c system overall is great in the way of power and how you can “steer” the airflow.

Fourth on the exterior looks, fit & finish: Seemed all pretty good to me, but honestly I don't go out with a tape measure and measure all gaps, etc. The car does seem to sit a little lower than I thought but perhaps that's just my brain tricking me since I haven't driven an actual sports sedan in quite some time (my last one was my 2009 MB AMG which I sold in 2015). Wondering if there's an entry/exit setting to will raise and lower the car as you get in and get out of the vehicle? Also -- although I'm still partial to the contrast white/black interior with carbon fiber trim (although this has probably been the reason why I haven't taken delivery of my MS Plaid thus far), I can say that the all black interior with the dark wood is very classy and nice. I do wish Tesla has even darker wood, more like a real "black ash" wood like my wife's Land Rover RR Velar has. But, anyone with the all black interior won't be disappointed as it all looks great!

Hopefully, I’ll have mine in 4-8 weeks like they’re saying now. Hope my order doesn’t get pushed to Oct or later. So, I hope this helps all those very frustrated people like me and still waiting and waiting and waiting. Hopefully, you can stick it out a little longer...perhaps another month or two (or longer?) because I don't think anyone here will be disappointed once they actually take delivery and start driving their new Tesla MS Plaid (and LR as even with ~ 350 less HP/TQ than the Plaid, I'm confident all will love the power and delivery)! Oh and for me, MS Plaid with 1,020HP/1,050 ft-lb TQ or nothing; grateful I could spend the extra $$ for the Plaid...it will be an amazing DD/Work Vehicle/Weekend Fun Car for me, lol! :cool:
Glad to hear you liked the car. My experience last Saturday was also great and our feedback are almost identical. Similar to your thinking, the car seemed lower than I expected as well so I guess it wasn’t our imagination. Good write up 👌

Nope, not with current hardware. They will add 4680 to this chassis and call it Plaid+ or some crap once Lucid starts delivering their cars with over 500 miles range. You're better off not giving benefit of the doubt to Tesla unless you love to be disappointed every single time
Since the LR and plaid have been pushed out to 2022, god only knows when the plaid+ deliveries would have started if it wasn’t canceled. Probably late 2022 or even early 2023 best case 🌝

How about this one?! Leo?

Yea it really doesn’t make sense I ordered not long ago compared to most people on here but got in before the price increase so I can’t say they go by who ordered first or who’s paying more 🤷‍♂️
I'm sure they use a very scientific and fair method for making sure the people get their orders in the correct order. My sources tell me this is the backend code for pulling the next Model S order:
JavaScript:
const getNextModelSOrder = () => {
  const orders = db.getAllOrders();
  const randomNumber = Math.floor(Math.random() * orders.length);
  const nextDelivery = orders[randomNumber];

return nextDelivery;
}

Much appreciated and look forward to our next meet up...me with my white MS Plaid and you with your red MS Plaid; then, we'll get together with a bunch of us here in South FL (maybe meet up with Brooks too?)...would be fun! 👍 :cool:
I’ll come down in my lr when it comes and be in your rear view

I may need a Plaid+.
My previous P85D turned P90DL (85 battery failed pressure test during L upgrade) had 241 miles of rated (not ideal) range at 100k miles and it would pretty much deliver that range on mostly highway with some city driving trips. Fast forward to the new Plaid and I am seeing things like a trip two days ago (same basic drive profile) where I used 148 indicated for a 112 mile trip. There was some rain on that one but basically the car is delivering about 75% to 80% of the number shown on the dash.

Given there is no rated versus ideal setting I can only assume what I am seeing is "Ideal" which, in Tesla speak, means NEVER. If I apply the 75% correction factor to the 350 mile claim I get 262 miles. Not really that much more than my previous car with 100k miles of degradation.

Oh, and both are running about 320 Wh-hr/mile.

Elon, I would like the 520 fancy mile (390 real mile) range Plaid+ please.
Excessive….

Another delivery!

My SA called me yesterday and helped finalize everything and got me an earlier appointment to pick up today. Super smooth delivery, everything was setup for me and my car was pristine! It was missing a little black nob on the hatch and the Delivery rep scrounged one up while I was setting up my profile.

Initial thoughts;
-OMG the car is so quick I can’t imagine what you Plaid people are working with. The LR is fantastic.
-I love the yoke, this is what the steering wheel should have been like from the beginning. I got it setup in a perfect position for max comfort and drivability.

Totally worth the wait. This being my first new car and first Tesla I had lowered my expectations from some of the issues pointed out and n this thread but dang this car is slick.

I will schedule service next week as the car is pulling to the right a bit otherwise zero issues. Also scheduled for some personalization next week.
That’s a nice looking car in red. Love the front plate too. I was going to say I loved EVERYTHING about the pic until I saw your shirt. I can’t give too much credit to a squid, lol. My brother is Class of 01, so at least I know I’m at the top of the family tree hahaha.

Go Air Force, Sink Navy!!