Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went through this exact same process and felt the same way just 4 months ago with my Model Y order until I received it and all the pain went away.

Yet here I am, only 4 months later doing it all over and I’m just as pissed and impatient as the last time 😬
If you are like me, the disappointing thing is that Tesla has accepted this model of dealing with customers. They know they are upsetting people and have taken to isolating management from the disappointment they create at the expense of front line "customer facing" sales associates. I made a comment to the person that called me and made the promise of a June delivery that, if they continued to make such promises without the ability to keep them, sooner or later it will creep into their being and change who they are. I suggested they may want to carefully examine the way things are done and decide if "the mission" and other higher goals language Tesla uses to recruit young talent is worth what they are giving up in personal integrity.

I will forever remember picking up a phone bank job for the Police Benevolent Society selling seats to the Ringling Brothers Circus for orphans when I was 15. The managers closely monitored your hit rate and completion rates against those hits. I sold the whole lot of available seats twice over in two weeks with my completion rate. When I asked about single handedly over selling seats by a factor of two I was told not to worry about it. I walked out.

As a controller from a previous startup said (as he was leaving two months after taking the job), when in a dysfunctional environment you either leave or become dysfunctional yourself.

Tesla management is purposefully dysfunctional and it is currently working for them.

Well well well…

i was drunk yesterday (a happy drunk playing simulated golf), when I thought, “*sugar*, I’ll just place an order for Blue, black wood, despite the extra $10K hit and see if I catch a fish”.

After the order was placed, Tesla monkey gave it a EDD of March. Then this morning the magic date range appeared “August 10 - August 22“. WTF!!!

So now I have a $10K gut check lol. Get the car now, or wait until winter, or worse? My wife is going to be PISSED. Haha. I’m weak. I think I even like black better now with the blue. Help!

Well well well…

i was drunk yesterday (a happy drunk playing simulated golf), when I thought, “*sugar*, I’ll just place an order for Blue, black wood, despite the extra $10K hit and see if I catch a fish”.

After the order was placed, Tesla monkey gave it a EDD of March. Then this morning the magic date range appeared “August 10 - August 22“. WTF!!!

So now I have a $10K gut check lol. Get the car now, or wait until winter, or worse? My wife is going to be PISSED. Haha. I’m weak. I think I even like black better now with the blue. Help!
Oh boy
You should not have done that. Now this is really going to test your resolve.

Please share the results of this test. I'm very interested in just how well Tesla knows it's customer base and how much it can get away with.

If you are like me, the disappointing thing is that Tesla has accepted this model of dealing with customers. They know they are upsetting people and have taken to isolating management from the disappointment they create at the expense of front line "customer facing" sales associates. I made a comment to the person that called me and made the promise of a June delivery that, if they continued to make such promises without the ability to keep them, sooner or later it will creep into their being and change who they are. I suggested they may want to carefully examine the way things are done and decide if "the mission" and other higher goals language Tesla uses to recruit young talent is worth what they are giving up in personal integrity.

I will forever remember picking up a phone bank job for the Police Benevolent Society selling seats to the Ringling Brothers Circus for orphans when I was 15. The managers closely monitored your hit rate and completion rates against those hits. I sold the whole lot of available seats twice over in two weeks with my completion rate. When I asked about single handedly over selling seats by a factor of two I was told not to worry about it. I walked out.

As a controller from a previous startup said (as he was leaving two months after taking the job), when in a dysfunctional environment you either leave or become dysfunctional yourself.

Tesla management is purposefully dysfunctional and it is currently working for them.
You are absolutely correct in a vacuum, but I believe the supply chain issues affecting Tesla and other auto manufacturers are real. That said, the SA's can currently convince themselves this is a temporary situation. It will be interesting to see Tesla's true production capacity, and how EDD's fair, when supply chain issues are resolved.

Oh boy
You should not have done that. Now this is really going to test your resolve.

Please share the results of this test. I'm very interested in just how well Tesla knows it's customer base and how much it can get away with.
I know right?? I should have principals And stuff. I even left off FSD this time so the price is falsely lower. Lol..

‘Can someone post pics of the black wood interior? LOL.

Well well well…

You’re not alone, I also did same other day and ordered LR Red/black/21 and got EDD of April but not as lucky as you with date changing.

You are absolutely correct in a vacuum, but I believe the supply chain issues affecting Tesla and other auto manufacturers are real. That said, the SA's can currently convince themselves this is a temporary situation. It will be interesting to see Tesla's true production capacity, and how EDD's fair, when supply chain issues are resolved.
They’ve done this with every new car release. It’s a pattern of behavior. As @lolachampcar said, they’ve created a culture of overpromise and underdeliver. I’m just walking out of one of those environments in my professional career myself (complete with “but the mission is so important that everything else doesn’t matter”) and I don’t have a lot of sympathy for those who drink the kool aid.

You’re not alone, I also did same other day and ordered LR Red/black/21 and got EDD of April but not as lucky as you with date changing.
Nice. Sometimes I feel like they ship the East Coast, SE/Florida, even Texas ones out sooner in the quarters to get them there during the current quarter while they save a ton of the end of quarter push ones for easy truck only CA deliveries and West Coast.

Ordered Plaid+ S in Grey with white interior and carbon fiber in January…after much rope-a-dope with downgrade to Plaid and getting the pricing for Plaid retroactively adjusted, I was given the delivery date of June…then it moved to July…then it was removed completely. Ugh…has anyone with a 2021 order date take delivery of Plaid Model S with a white interior? Looking at the design studio it appears that the white interiors are months later delivery estimate than others.

Well well well…

If you do take delivery, that will be a heck of an expensive drink lol
My original plan was to buy the Model Y but when i was under the influence one night sitting alone in my backyard , I placed my MS order. The rest is history and I am happy i did. 😂

Ordered Plaid+ S in Grey with white interior and carbon fiber in January…after much rope-a-dope with downgrade to Plaid and getting the pricing for Plaid retroactively adjusted, I was given the delivery date of June…then it moved to July…then it was removed completely. Ugh…has anyone with a 2021 order date take delivery of Plaid Model S with a white interior? Looking at the design studio it appears that the white interiors are months later delivery estimate than others.
Yes, @omarsultan and @rhuber. Me as well with the LR.
Might be more, not sure.

Nice. Sometimes I feel like they ship the East Coast, SE/Florida, even Texas ones out sooner in the quarters to get them there during the current quarter while they save a ton of the end of quarter push ones for easy truck only CA deliveries and West Coast.
Yep totally makes sense in regards to the eoq push. But it seems there hasn’t been that many deliveries in South Florida compare to few lucky souls who are getting theirs in Tampa area

If you do take delivery, that will be a heck of an expensive drink lol
My original plan was to buy the Model Y but when i was under the influence one night sitting alone in my backyard , I placed my MS order. The rest is history and I am happy i did. 😂
Yes seriously Expensive. But now the doors are closing in on my sense of reason and patience. I’m thinking I like the black wood interior a lot more. Lol.

Who needs white CF? I’ll give up sunscreen and get the black!

Well well well…

Wait for the one you really want for that price, in a few months you may have buyer's remorse when you see all the white ones being delivered.

Yes seriously Expensive. But now the doors are closing in on my sense of reason and patience. I’m thinking I like the black wood interior a lot more. Lol.

Who needs white CF? I’ll give up sunscreen and get the black!
If you like black just coz it’s available earlier, then you are setting yourself up for buyers remorse. This is my first white interior and it’s definitely something else. I could have chosen any exterior color for earlier delivery but the white was non- negotiable (especially for my wife)