Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is an example of the photo angle I am requesting. I took a photo of my M3 today that shows entire door opening, with driver door wide open. I put some blue tape on the black stuff above drivers head in front of B pillar. That point is 50.5 inches above ground. That is from the ground to the bottom of the black stuff. Would be good to know how high the refreshed S is at the same kind of location.
It's 54" to the bottom of the black trim. I have this pic, not sure if it is quite what you are looking for: 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid - osultan

I did some EDD math for those in my area (Seattle). After scouring many posts about EDD's, I've concluded the following for Seattle/Renton/Bellevue deliveries...

On the day ("X") you get the 13-14 day EDD range, that seems to equal the "birth date" of your car (which you can confirm after delivery). About 7-8 days later ("Y"), you will see a VIN (your EDD range will be about 7 days at this point). Delivery date("Z") is about 5-6 days later (Transportation and DC prep). Going the other way, the later date ("Z'") on the range provided on day "X" is about 3-4 days later than when you will actually take delivery on day "Z".

So, it's X+12=Z, or

Z'-3(or 4)=Z

For those in the Seattle area, post your experiences!
Lol, you’re trying to apply logic to a process where non exists. 🙂

Another NC member here with similar config. Mine is LR BLUE/cream with the oh-so-rare 19” wheels. RN #11458. Ordered 3/2. Was August early on then changed to BLANK in mid May. Our SA in Raleigh said maybe late Aug / Sept if we are lucky…

We are config twins! Though I’m in Canada and ordered a lot later than you…

LR/Blue/Cream/19”/FSD/RN1153 ordered 7/18

Oh hey there @aerodyne! 👋
Pretty sure this is you.

That's my Plaid build. That's the girl who picked up her white Plaid (with white seats/carbon fiber trim) at the Plaid Delivery event in Fremont. It's HOT looking! 🔥 :cool: Gorgeous combo...worth the extra wait over any other color combo, imho. @Aleks0404

Last edited:
Been lurking for a while.... LR RN1151 white/white 19" Blank

Let's say the MS tracking sheet theoretically has 5 percent of all the Model S orders . So this would mean about 8k to 9k have been ordered. At a conservative ramped up production capacity of 1k per week why couldn't they get most orders filled by the end of the year? What is the true bottleneck?

I know it is wishful thinking....but not unreasonable

Let's say the MS tracking sheet theoretically has 5 percent of all the Model S orders . So this would mean about 8k to 9k have been ordered. At a conservative ramped up production capacity of 1k per week why couldn't they get most orders filled by the end of the year? What is the true bottleneck?

The true bottleneck is most likely a combination of still being in the process of ramping production, and supply (not necessarily chip) shortages; likely trim pieces and such.

Last edited:

I don't think they're producing/delivering even half of the number of new refresh MS Plaids/LRs as they thought they would by now. They claim "parts shortages" but nobody knows for sure since we see plenty of cars with CF trim and some now with white seats being delivered. I just think Tesla continues their ways of "over-promising while under-delivering" whether on purpose or not. Having said that, the entire auto industry is indeed seeing many parts shortages and having many delays and challenges building and delivering vehicles.

It's 54" to the bottom of the black trim. I have this pic, not sure if it is quite what you are looking for: 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid - osultan
Thanks a bunch Omar! I really appreciate your efforts! And I like 54" better than 50.5"! Can I assume your suspension was set to Normal Height (not Low or High) and that you have 21" wheels? I ordered 19s and suspect the car is slightly lower with 19s but not by much since the tires are taller.

They are probably producing a couple hundred week.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Thanks a bunch Omar! I really appreciate your efforts! And I like 54" better than 50.5"! Can I assume your suspension was set to Normal Height (not Low or High) and that you have 21" wheels? I ordered 19s and suspect the car is slightly lower with 19s but not by much since the tires are taller.
That is correct - glad it was helpful.