Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So last week, USAA could not accurately identify my Tesla as a Model S LR. They insisted the VIN identifies it as a Model S Performance. I just spent 93 minutes on the phone with one of their agents, and long story short, I am not happy with USAA right now. If that's all you care about, you can stop reading now. If not, proceed to my rant below.

I was told last week the only way to properly identify my vehicle was to let the policy activate, on the date I chose, August 16th. I called this afternoon to tell them this is not a sensible solution. I did not want to activate a policy that misidentifies my car, pay the rate I was quoted, and then have the name manually changed. The agent told me that was the only solution. I asked to speak to a supervisor, after exhaustively explaining to her why this is unacceptable. Things like you are quoting me on the wrong car and a claim a few years from now might result in USAA telling me my car is identified as a pre-2021 model.

She told me a supervisor cannot change it and they have less permissions that she does to interact with the system. I explained if a supervisor has less authority and access than you do, they are not a supervisor. She then said her supervisor was at lunch, I then insisted to speak to another supervisor. After being on hold for several minutes, she came back and explained the policy can be corrected, the supervisor explained how to do it, and she can help me.

After another 20 or so minutes periodically on hold, she began listing all the policy options. I asked if it was the same as Friday's policy. I was told yes. She then proceeded to quote the wrong deductibles, property coverage amounts, and other options such as rental car service. After correcting everything, I asked why there were so many differences. She said the policy from Friday did not list a VIN. I took a breath, and then explained to her the VIN was why the vehicle was improperly identified...

After all of this, the monthly rate went up by $10 from Friday's quote. I asked her to explain why this changed and she said "I don't know". Also, she had to change my activation date to the 15th. There was no explanation given. I assume it was a limitation of their system doing two policies on the same activation day.

After checking my vehicle rates, I found that my other four vehicles have an accident free discount, but the Tesla does not. I'd love to call and get an explanation, but last year someone turned right, from a left turn lane, in front of me, and I chose to skid into a curb to avoid them. I was cited as being at fault because technically the other driver did not hit me. Knowing my luck, they will correct my policy by removing the discount from the other four vehicles...

I'm fed up at this point. USAA has always been good to me. I've gotten free roof replacements from them on my last two houses, and the vehicle claims have always been processed quickly and hassle free. But right now I'm really frustrated. Maybe in a few days, after I calm down, I can call them back and try to get some better explanations.

According to Green.. new update turns on noise cancelling.. Anybody verify?

Here is this article in addition to Green's tweets. 2021.24.1 seems like it will be AWESOME, especially for the Model S and X!😀🔋🔋🔋

People are downloading it now!😱😁

Last edited:
On the advice of a few people here, I went into the Burbank SC here to ask if there was a way to get a car faster. Either LR or Plaid. Was told if I reserved a White/Black/21 Plaid I could expect to get matched within "a week or two."

Now we all know to take that with a MASSIVE grain of salt. That seems absurd to me after reading 2 thousand plug pages of people ordering months ago, but who knows at this point.

If you're willing to pay the $5-$10k extra to get a car it may be worth looking into!

On the advice of a few people here, I went into the Burbank SC here to ask if there was a way to get a car faster. Either LR or Plaid. Was told if I reserved a White/Black/21 Plaid I could expect to get matched within "a week or two."

Now we all know to take that with a MASSIVE grain of salt. That seems absurd to me after reading 2 thousand plug pages of people ordering months ago, but who knows at this point.

If you're willing to pay the $5-$10k extra to get a car it may be worth looking into!
On Friday I booked a Blue/Black/Wood. When booked EDD Monkey 🥒 gave me a March estimate. By Sunday EDD went to Aug 11- Aug 22.

We will see if a car shows up in the next week or two.

Yeah depending on what I get approved for I might loan the majority and invest the rest. Got approved for 2.14% on my MYP with BMO Harris (Tesla insurance), so it was basically free money.

Not going to apply until I have a VIN and delivery day since who knows what’s happening with these 19”

Triplets, but New England. RN1143 ordered December. Gimme my car.
Quads. ordered in October. Got a delivery date for the first time in a long time August 24-Sept 2 no VIN

I wonder if the delays are the white seats or CF...maybe both.
We’ve seen zero white CF deliveries (besides the ones I saw at Plaid day in Freemont). Since then very few white have shipped that have posted. We’ve seen more CF though. So white CF continues to be the unicorn config.

i want a car this year, and was drunk. So we will see where this goes. In the meantime I’ve decided I love the black ebony look a lot more than white CF. So besides the $10K I’m getting the car I prefer.

Attachments

• 4C54D2FB-A125-4468-A9DF-638FE7E2424F.jpeg
    4C54D2FB-A125-4468-A9DF-638FE7E2424F.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 79
We’ve seen zero white CF deliveries (besides the ones I saw at Plaid day in Freemont). Since then very few white have shipped that have posted. We’ve seen more CF though. So white CF continues to be the unicorn config.

i want a car this year, and was drunk. So we will see where this goes. In the meantime I’ve decided I love the black ebony look a lot more than white CF. So besides the $10K I’m getting the car I prefer.
Thats what I did, ordered the same color but got Black/wood and got a VIN 2 weeks later.. Supposed to pick up later this week!

I am one of those who ordered White / CF! Who else did that? Do we know that the combination matters? If White is very rare, it may be coincidental that White/CF is a unicorn.

Okay, I have some real BS to post! I tried this for *sugar and giggles plus I've been torn between WHITE and RED and right after I submitted my order I got a *sugar VIN with an EDD of 8/8-8/12. I do have to pay the $10k more which I'm sure there will be no way around unless I can talk to a higher up somehow…

RN1154 vs. my RN1146 for my RED Plaid. I'm just shocked that it actually worked… It's also CF trim!

White/Black/CF/21/FSD - VIN 5YJSA1E62MF438

Hate to be the one to point out gaps and all because I know how some people don't like that, but I can't help noticing the gaps between the trim on the rear doors. If you look at the attachments one side looks much bigger than the other. I probably wouldn't refuse delivery over it because it's probably like that on all of them, but c'mon we are all paying a premium for these cars. Tesla really needs to up their game on quality control and customer service.
The interior trim? The silver piece? This has been on nearly every vehicle that has posted interior photos. If you fix it, the exterior trim is now misaligned. It is going to have to be entirely redone on the interior.