Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am one of those who ordered White / CF! Who else did that? Do we know that the combination matters? If White is very rare, it may be coincidental that White/CF is a unicorn.
My EDD shifts daily now. This is what I got from my Loyalty Advisor "I don't have full visibility into an exact delivery time but based off your reservation and experience, I'd estimate delivery in the month of September. I grantee you the wait will be worth it! We're seeing more matches roll through."

Off topic, my apologies....

Does anyone have those articles ( I can't find em )....where they show how many miles an electric car needs to be driven to equal the carbon emissions of ICE?

Also on topic....EDD BLANK
Not sure if what you are looking for but on the tesla website they recently put out their 2020 impact report and that info might be on there.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My EDD shifts daily now. This is what I got from my Loyalty Advisor "I don't have full visibility into an exact delivery time but based off your reservation and experience, I'd estimate delivery in the month of September. I grantee you the wait will be worth it! We're seeing more matches roll through."
Just to be clear I believe the discussion is about the combination of white seats and CF. You have Cream / CF.

Off topic, my apologies....

Does anyone have those articles ( I can't find em )....where they show how many miles an electric car needs to be driven to equal the carbon emissions of ICE?

Also on topic....EDD BLANK
Not sure if what you are looking for but on the tesla website they recently put out their 2020 impact report and that info might be on there.
Here is that report if you are interested, @Leodoc 🙂

The parts catalog says very clearly that no VIN is required to order these parts:

14TPWheel Unit, BLE, Silver1490701-00-BOver-the-Counter(No VIN)$75.0044
14TPWheel Unit, BLE, Black1490701-01-BOver-the-Counter(No VIN)$75.0044
15NUT, SILVER VALVE, TESLA TPMS1518499-00-AOver-the-Counter(No VIN)$0.5044
15NUT, BLACK VALVE, TESLA TPMS1518499-01-AOver-the-Counter(No VIN)$0.5044

Mine came in today.
I can see that it say no VIN. Good to know that you were able to get the parts as we are similar forged wheel buddies.

I cannot see how to select the parts. I will check through a different browser.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Sound quality depends on finding a codec both sides of the connection can support. If there is no advanced codec in common, the link will default to SBC which all BT devices support. I have not had the oppty to dig in to see what the Plaid supports.

That screenshot is of my phone connected to my 2018 Model S (with MCU2).
It switches from SBC to AAC as soon as it connects. I can manually switch it to SBC which sounds worse.

so this happened in the last 5 days since then:

View attachment 691976
View attachment 691975
View attachment 691974
View attachment 691973
View attachment 691972
And today I got a VIN! I hope this helps others trying to predict this random-feeling process.
So… since then I was Aug 14-20 for 3 days, then Aug 13-19 this morning, then got a call from Tesla announcing my car will arrive to the showroom Aug 16, will be ready Aug 18, and I made an appointment for Aug 19. Yay!
F03AAD7A-9C51-4F12-B3C4-0CE4274511C8.jpeg

Last edited:
Okay, I have some real BS to post! I tried this for *sugar and giggles plus I've been torn between WHITE and RED and right after I submitted my order I got a *sugar VIN with an EDD of 8/8-8/12. I do have to pay the $10k more which I'm sure there will be no way around unless I can talk to a higher up somehow…

RN1154 vs. my RN1146 for my RED Plaid. I'm just shocked that it actually worked… It's also CF trim!

White/Black/CF/21/FSD - VIN 5YJSA1E62MF438

This really is peak Tesla isn't it? That is so frustrating I am sure for all those who have been waiting months and months. This will greatly benefit me personally since I need a car rather soon, but I wouldn't even be mad if I had to wait to get one after all of the people who ordered before.

I get prioritizing profit, sure, but after over a billion last quarter you'd think they would do the *right* thing for once? I almost wish the car(s) weren't so damn good. The ordering process is just such a mess for everyone involved. I know its been said before, but I know the second I get the car I'll forget about this entire process until I go to order the next one.

Let us know if you decide to do the $10k more and get the car!

I can see that it say no VIN. Good to know that you were able to get the parts as we are similar forged wheel buddies.

I cannot see how to select the parts. I will check through a different browser.

You can't order on the web site. The service center has to order for you...but them telling you that you need a VIN is just wrong...

Of course, this is easy for me to say since I did it by attaching a service request to my plaid, but you might want to point out to them that their own parts catalog says that these parts do not require a VIN.

A comprehensive look at the WSJ piece (and not behind a pay wall).