Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, Omar. This is very well done. I've never looked at it in MPG/state. It's a clever way of doing it. I was looking for total carbon footprint though....so take into account the mining of materials, etc. The WSJ article, etc seems to have covered it a bit. There were a couple different article that said something to the effect of "once you drive a Model 3 for 13k miles, the carbon footprint equals out and every mile after that, the EV is doing its' part for global warming"...
Please keep in mind that Rupert Murdoch (Fox News, etc) bought WSJ in 2007. Ever since then the articles on EVs have been somewhat distorted, in support of legacy and oil companies, needless to say. How do to i know this? I kept my WSJ subscription just so i could check up on them and compare their 'facts' and 'claims' to what i read in other, less biased, media. Such as Cleantechnica, Electrek, Prof Mark Jacobson at Stanford, Fully Charged, etc etc. Have you read Teslas 2020 Impact Report released today?

I will be debadging mine.

For those considering fake Plaiding your car, just know that almost no one cares. Out of the few that will know what Plaid is, those who really know (car enthusiasts) will be able to recognize that you faked it. So you’re left impressing teens and a few non enthusiasts.

I personally laugh at the fake badgers. The M badges on 328i, the fake AMG on C250. I pulled up on a guy with a fake C63 AMG in my real AMG. Revved my engine, guy never looked over, he knew he was busted.

I bought a fake Rolex once, put it once or twice, realized how fake I was and gave it to some friend. Never again. 🤷‍♂️
Laughing with you 40,000 times :)

OMG isn't that the most annoying thing lol? No offense to anyone, but THAT is true 🦚 right there. I'm fine with people putting CF spoilers on the LR, that's cool. But the fake Plaid badges aren't.

I love the M badge on the wrong side of a BMW X2, and I'm like: "THEY DON'T MAKE A X2 M! AND THE BADGE GOES ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE VEHICLE! NOT THE LEFT, AND NOT CROOKED!"
Or the fake fender vents that are misaligned and try to poorly replicate a Maserati's. Cannot stop laughing rofl!:)
Maybe 50,000 times for you.. :)

For those of you wanting to add the spoiler to the LR, here’s some measurements. Copying @ssv22 and please let me know if other photos would help—also first time using the iPhone’s Measure app and it worked quiet well! Does Tesla install the spoiler for you if you buy it from them?

Measuring the space to the left of the spoiler until the panel gap.
View attachment 694481

Back window to the top of the spoiler
View attachment 694482

Corner of the taillight to the corner of the spoiler
View attachment 694483

This one is measuring the space from the top of the T to the bottom of the spoiler, 1/2”
View attachment 694484

And, of course, some normal photos to see how it should look installed

View attachment 694485View attachment 694486View attachment 694487View attachment 694488
You are a legend!! Thanks a lot for the pictures.

Debadging might be good if you grew up in a weathly family, me I have always been one to innovate. I could have afforded a PLAID, but my wife would have never known the difference, thus the $155.00 upgrade.To anyone with a business you'll understand. To all the other... you will not.

DUAL MOTOR EMBLEM, remove part of R and T
I hope you also bought a P85+ emblem. That '+' will come in handy when Plaid+ is out and you get to be a bigger peacock lol

I’m going to ask the guys that are going to do my Plaid’s ceramic coating to see if they’ll just black out the front & rear logos (wrap maybe?).

Btw - is yours a LR or Plaid? Seems like your cf rear spoiler is a little smaller than all the ones found on the Plaid? And your sig shows a white/cream LR, so did you add the PLAID logo and older or aftermarket cf spoiler to your LR? Not judging; just asking since you know others on TMC will notice these details while most people in your area won’t know the difference.
You may want to consider having the logos painted vs vinyl. To me it looks cleaner. We had vinyl on our 17 MS and it eventually lifted at the corners over time. Our vinyl guy actually recommended the paint vs vinyl for our emblems and Plaid logo.

just an update my June 6th ordered with a vin and edd aug 15-21 sc told me today it’s in transport and may arrive sooner plaid/msm/black/wood/19/
19s are in transit? I wonder how many?

June huh? Let's see...

Saw the date. Eye roll :rolleyes:. Go to my account page and refresh...

*Sigh* no EDD no VIN

Good on you and good to be lucky.

Not so much for those of us that are not.

I’m plaid white/white/cf 19s. 1143xxx reservation number ordered first week of January. I had February EDD until February ended, and then for a single day I had July then that disappeared. Haven’t heard from my SA in months.

On an aside, people that had a pre-refresh order did you actually get your $2k discount we were all offered?
I'm basically in the same boat, except with 21s and a few months later (1146xxx). I've seen a couple hours on a few different days with delivery dates, but I've otherwise been blank about 99% of the time since my order in March.

Debadging might be good if you grew up in a weathly family, me I have always been one to innovate. I could have afforded a PLAID, but my wife would have never known the difference, thus the $155.00 upgrade.To anyone with a business you'll understand. To all the other... you will not.

DUAL MOTOR EMBLEM, remove part of R and T
I really wasn't going to judge but not really understanding your logic here ^^^. Growing up wealthy or quite comfortable doesn't equate to debadging nor does what you call "innovate" -- that is pretending you drive a quicker or better or more expensive car by feeling the need to add a badge to a car you're only pretending to drive.

I'm 52 now but grew up in a financially comfortable way (not "wealthy" as I would call it) with my parents owning a jewelry store in MA (although my father was a CPA before the jewelry store). After graduating college, I became a cardiovascular surgical device sales rep for > 20 years and now I own/run my own company in a different industry. Never thought about debadging, but I can understand why people would debadge the MS Plaid (which is currently the quickest production vehicle on the planet) and you're not too interested in street racing every teenager who pulls up next to you in whatever vehicle or every jackass in their Lambo or Porsche on the highway. Now, adding a PLAID badge on a car that isn't the tri-motor MS Plaid, there's really only one reason to do that, right? And like you said, it's NOT for your wife as she doesn't need the extra power nor does she feel the need to impress anyone. It is what it is but no reason to come up with some sort of alternative explanation which doesn't make much sense. BTW -- nobody is questioning what you can or cannot afford. It's not about that.

Last edited:
I will be debadging mine.

For those considering fake Plaiding your car, just know that almost no one cares. Out of the few that will know what Plaid is, those who really know (car enthusiasts) will be able to recognize that you faked it. So you’re left impressing teens and a few non enthusiasts.

I personally laugh at the fake badgers. The M badges on 328i, the fake AMG on C250. I pulled up on a guy with a fake C63 AMG in my real AMG. Revved my engine, guy never looked over, he knew he was busted.

I bought a fake Rolex once, put it once or twice, realized how fake I was and gave it to some friend. Never again. 🤷‍♂️
Exactly. ;)

Reactions: LucaRiv and AMGF
I really was't going to judge but not really understanding your logic here ^^^. Growing up wealthy or quite comfortable doesn't equate to debadging nor does what you call "innovate" -- that is pretending you drive a quicker or better or more expensive car by feeling the need to add a badge to a car you're only pretending to drive.

I'm 52 now but grew up in a financially comfortable way with my parents owning a jewelry store in MA (although my father was a CPA before the jewelry store). After college, I became a cardiovascular surgical device sale rep for > 20 years and now I own/run my own company in a different industry. Never thought about debadging, but I can understand why people would debadge the MS Plaid (which is currently the quickest production vehcile on the planet) and you're not too interetsed in street racing every teenager who pulls up next to you in whatever vehicle or every jackass in their Lambo or Porsche on the highway. Now, adding a PLAID badge on a car that isn't the tri-motor MS Plaid, there's really only one reason to do that, right? And like you said, it's NOT for your wife as she doesn't need the extra power nor does she feel the need to impress anyone. It is what it is but no reason to come up with some sort of alternative explanation which doesn't make much sense. BTW -- nobody is questioning what you can or cannot afford. It's not about that.

the spoiler and plaid badge add 50 horsepower, that's why I'm doing it!

All this talk about badging, I feel like I have a different perspective.

I do not give a rip about whether it is badged or not. I am buying the car for the absurd and I have the means to do so.

That serving of absurd is for me. Perhaps for the folks that ride along. (their experience not adoration) It has nothing to do with the opinions of anyone else. I do not have any desire to troll anyone.

Just sayin'

I really wasn't going to judge but not really understanding your logic here ^^^. Growing up wealthy or quite comfortable doesn't equate to debadging nor does what you call "innovate" -- that is pretending you drive a quicker or better or more expensive car by feeling the need to add a badge to a car you're only pretending to drive.

I'm 52 now but grew up in a financially comfortable way (not "wealthy" as I would call it) with my parents owning a jewelry store in MA (although my father was a CPA before the jewelry store). After college, I became a cardiovascular surgical device sales rep for > 20 years and now I own/run my own company in a different industry. Never thought about debadging, but I can understand why people would debadge the MS Plaid (which is currently the quickest production vehicle on the planet) and you're not too interested in street racing every teenager who pulls up next to you in whatever vehicle or every jackass in their Lambo or Porsche on the highway. Now, adding a PLAID badge on a car that isn't the tri-motor MS Plaid, there's really only one reason to do that, right? And like you said, it's NOT for your wife as she doesn't need the extra power nor does she feel the need to impress anyone. It is what it is but no reason to come up with some sort of alternative explanation which doesn't make much sense. BTW -- nobody is questioning what you can or cannot afford. It's not about that.
People buy counterfeit clothing, jewelry, fake GoPros on and on.

Comes down to wanting the “effect” without the cost.

For me personally it would be a constant source of embarrassment. When my buddies ask for a ride in the “plaid” and I disappoint them with M3P performance instead of Plaid, it becomes obvious the car is a fraud and that I’m chasing status.

Anyway - I want my plaid to be a stealth beast. I don’t want stares because I drive a bright red Ferrari. It’s not how I judge my personal success. But to each their own.