Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going to out a TypeR badge on my MS. Everyone better watch out. Maybe a TypeR badge on the left and an AMG badge on the right?!

Ohh actually my MS is a special Lorinser edition so I'll put that badge on there too.

People so funny things to their cars, but who cares at some point. I do love seeing fake M badges though. They are so common it's funny.

At the end of the day I hope everyone here has their MS whether it be Plaid or LR to be able to badge or de badge. No more waiting!!

I am going to out a TypeR badge on my MS. Everyone better watch out. Maybe a TypeR badge on the left and an AMG badge on the right?!

Ohh actually my MS is a special Lorinser edition so I'll put that badge on there too.

People so funny things to their cars, but who cares at some point. I do love seeing fake M badges though. They are so common it's funny.

At the end of the day I hope everyone here has their MS whether it be Plaid or LR to be able to badge or de badge. No more waiting!!
Well said. Agreed on the fake M badges!🤣

Well sorry to interrupt the clone/Poser wars.

But I got a VIN! Ordered Friday Aug 7. VIN by Aug 9. Pick up on Aug 10 at the Freemont factory. Maybe a new record? LOL.

It’s Blue/Black/Ebony/21.

Anyone know how to decode the build date from a VIN?
Congratulations! And you don't have to worry; the Badge/Poser "wars" lol concluded a couple hours ago.🙂

$10K for FSD when the only shipping feature I want is a bell that rings on a green light so I can read email.

I hate myself for even considering it. 🙃🔫
The bell sucks anyway. I spent $200 for the FSD sub, specifically for the bell and it takes like 2-5 seconds for the bell to chime which is useless for me in Chicago since people would already be honking at me if i went when the bell chimed. It's really inconsistent on my MY and i know a lot of other people who have said the same thing.

The bell sucks anyway. I spent $200 for the FSD sub, specifically for the bell and it takes like 2-5 seconds for the bell to chime which is useless for me in Chicago since people would already be honking at me if i went when the bell chimed. It's really inconsistent on my MY and i know a lot of other people who have said the same thing.

Really? I found it to be pretty good in my M3P when I was fully stopped at a light. Well as long as I was first or second on the like that is. Maybe I didn't pay attention to it e high, but I absolutely loved that feature

Really? I found it to be pretty good in my M3P when I was fully stopped at a light. Well as long as I was first or second on the like that is. Maybe I didn't pay attention to it e high, but I absolutely loved that feature
In NorCal drivers suck and are distracted by their phones. So a 2-5s delay is par for the course.

I did like it on my M3P. But it didn’t always work. Of course if there is a car in front of you can plop on autopilot so it seems like you’re paying full attention. So really only needed for front of the line. But with Plaid you will be chomping the bit to hammer the accelerator when in front anyway. So no need to have the feature. Lol.

This site and great group of people have really carried me the past few months. I'm embarrassed at how many pages I've read here and how many times daily I refresh it. Sure, I've blocked a few people on the way but group therapy nonetheless, but....

I got a delivery date! Of course it is right when I'll be out of town! I'll stalk the delivery center until the day I leave (Thursday) betting they have my car and I can encourage them to release it early. Otherwise they will deliver it to my driveway on Saturday.

Can. Not. Wait.

In a happy way, I am looking forward to leaving this thread behind, though well after I post updates, as well as see the best of you finally get your cars and report back.

I can see the finish line. Better not be another Tesla mirage.

This site and great group of people have really carried me the past few months. I'm embarrassed at how many pages I've read here and how many times daily I refresh it. Sure, I've blocked a few people on the way but group therapy nonetheless, but....

I got a delivery date! Of course it is right when I'll be out of town! I'll stalk the delivery center until the day I leave (Thursday) betting they have my car and I can encourage them to release it early. Otherwise they will deliver it to my driveway on Saturday.

Can. Not. Wait.

In a happy way, I am looking forward to leaving this thread behind, though well after I post updates, as well as see the best of you finally get your cars and report back.

I can see the finish line. Better not be another Tesla mirage.
OMG SO HAPPY FOR YOU MY MAN! 19" WHEELS AND CF TOO!!!!! Can't wait to see your spec! Congratulations!😁😁👌

But I got a VIN! Ordered Friday Aug 7. VIN by Aug 9. Pick up on Aug 10 at the Freemont factory. Maybe a new record? LOL.

Wow, that’s just nuts. I guess you won the bet on ordering the right combo. $10k more is rough though… What are the first few digits after MF in your VIN?

Last edited:
Wow, that’s just nuts. I guess you won the bet on ordering the right combo. $10k more is rough though… What are the first few digits after MF in your VIN?
MF438. Any idea of build date from that?

Yah. But after looking at Black Ebony I’m really out on the white CF. Sucks how the price has been a moving target. But things change as they approach production. And margins are margins.

You ask your SA. There's no VIN decoder data for Tesla besides what is in the VIN.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Not necessarily. The Plaid people are trying to blend in by removing the badge. Or they like the look. They aren't exactly trying to be an LR. To my understanding, they're trying to be a MS. The idea behind the 'posing' is that the LR person is trying to be a car they are not, by purposely calling attention to his car. They are literally trying to imitate something they don't actually have.
By spring of next year a lot of the owners who have plaids will probably have debadged them because they will be banned from all the tracks. It will be more common to see a plaid posing as a LR. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Exactly, Tesla is prioritizing price adjusted vehicles before early reservations. Very unethical.
Very unethical. I wish everyone would just cancel and send Tesla a message. Not only unethical but must have major issues, as it not like Model S is such a high volume car. They should be able to build plenty to satisfy the orders, especially people have been waiting a year and earlier this year.

I get it - it is a great car, but nothing is worth the runaround and unethical practices of Musk and his company. Just shocking.