Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well...if you cancel there's no taking it back, whereas if you don't, the date could change to pre-January. Just sayin'.
I screenshotted the delivery agreement that says "final price after taxes". Maybe I can use this as an argument for them to honor the price and eat the tax. I doesn't hurt to keep the reservation but my expectations have dropped to 0.

1628615533583.png

Attachments

• 1628615517441.png
    1628615517441.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 70
That's truly unreal. I have the same config on a January 2021 order, and just got an EDD for October-November.
I drank the Plaid PLUS coolaid, converted to MSLR BL/CR/19, just got my first EDD today, OCT/NOV (RN11396), MEANWHILE, a good friend ordered a MODEL Y yesterday, MYP red/white, no fsd, got a delivery date as of August 13-20 this morning. It really is a monkey throwing darts!

I really would like the last 3 months of my life back, and it being in a new MODEL S... and not watching my account daily.

I drank the Plaid PLUS coolaid, converted to MSLR BL/CR/19, just got my first EDD today, OCT/NOV (RN11396), MEANWHILE, a good friend ordered a MODEL Y yesterday, MYP red/white, no fsd, got a delivery date as of August 13-20 this morning. It really is a monkey throwing darts!

I really would like the last 3 months of my life back, and it being in a new MODEL S... and not watching my account daily.
You cannot compare a Y and S production. Not how it works.

Originally posted this to the wrong thread by accident, but I’m curious to get some semblance of what other people’s experiences have been with plaid orders.

I’ve had a Plaid on order since 2/9. Month by month I’ve been strung along being told repeatedly that I’d get the car in the next 3-4 weeks. I just received an email today stating my estimated delivery is now slated for february…one whole year from my order date.

This is my third model S….ordered because my last one was in an accident and I’ve literally been in a rental car for the past 5 months waiting for this car to replace my old one. I am at a complete loss for words…had I known I was going to get strung along this far I would have bought something else sooner…used tesla prices are now through the roof and comparable to new car prices which are impossible to come by. I literally do not know what to do at this point….worst customer service experience of my life. Called SA and they had no further information other than to say “production has been halted.” This is bizarre.

I got the email and checked and now I have a date range just like most of you. Ordered MS/black LR 19" wheels, no FSD on May 1, RN1148. Original EDD August, then September, then blank, then September, then blank again. Today September 30 - October 20!!!.

I was so excited that I checked the delivery instructions and my stomach dropped. "All persons listed on the registration must be present to sign at delivery" jogged my memory of when I placed the order at the mall (with my wife). When they asked about who to put on the registration, she mentioned (as a matter of fact not out of frustration or anything) that she wasn't on the registration of any of our cars so I magnanimously said "sure, include both of us". Big mistake maybe as my wife is going to take an extended trip to the east coast to visit our daughter in October to early November.

Does anyone know if Tesla is serious about both people on the registration need to be there and sign to pick up the car? If they are, I wonder if taking off my wife from the registration counts as a change significant enough to trigger the $10k price increase. Time to go back to the mall to check.

Sorry, first world problems. I feel really bad (I do) for the many that ordered well before me and for some reason have EDD dates after mine (even into 2022). If the reason for the ridiculous delay people are getting with the newest EDD is the white interior, I should thank my wife since she vetoed the white interior when I ordered it because she wouldn't believe that I could keep it unstained. Good luck everyone and fingers crossed that the latest EDD with the email isn't like all the past EDDs.

I got the email and checked and now I have a date range just like most of you. Ordered MS/black LR 19" wheels, no FSD on May 1, RN1148. Original EDD August, then September, then blank, then September, then blank again. Today September 30 - October 20!!!.

I was so excited that I checked the delivery instructions and my stomach dropped. "All persons listed on the registration must be present to sign at delivery" jogged my memory of when I placed the order at the mall (with my wife). When they asked about who to put on the registration, she mentioned (as a matter of fact not out of frustration or anything) that she wasn't on the registration of any of our cars so I magnanimously said "sure, include both of us". Big mistake maybe as my wife is going to take an extended trip to the east coast to visit our daughter in October to early November.

Does anyone know if Tesla is serious about both people on the registration need to be there and sign to pick up the car? If they are, I wonder if taking off my wife from the registration counts as a change significant enough to trigger the $10k price increase. Time to go back to the mall to check.

Sorry, first world problems. I feel really bad (I do) for the many that ordered well before me and for some reason have EDD dates after mine (even into 2022). If the reason for the ridiculous delay people are getting with the newest EDD is the white interior, I should thank my wife since she vetoed the white interior when I ordered it because she wouldn't believe that I could keep it unstained. Good luck everyone and fingers crossed that the latest EDD with the email isn't like all the past EDDs.
I don't think they care about changes to payment method, insurance, registration etc. They only care when you tell them you want a different car then they planned for.