Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly, I have never had a problem with 35% all round and its easy to look inside the vehicle. IMO, it provides the perfect balance.
Good luck with Mr Tint, I have had two cars worked on by them for tint. Of late, their reviews are a bit hit and miss though.:)
Ppf reviews from Yelp seem positive. Guess we will see. Here is what they quoted me.

Bundle price breakdown
-Full body xpel ppf wrap $6490
-All sides and back ceramic tint $675
-Silver plus ceramic coating $1195
Total $8360
Package price $7195

Looking the first dozen entries in the tracking sheet, it's somewhat curious that all those who got an EDD got a date range starting in August, but mine is all in September despite picking up at the factory..

Wishful thinking, or do I have a chance at delivery this month?

Code:
127.0.0.0   S Plaid   San Francisco, CA 113950xxx   Aug 23 - Sep 12
MarcG       S Plaid   San Francisco, CA 113953xxx   Sepember 9-29
DukeofURL   S Plaid   NJ                11395xxxx   Aug 24 - Sep 7
SarahsDad   S Plaid   Charlotte NC      113989xxx   8/19 @ 2pm
Nauvoo      S LR      Charlotte, NC     11424xxxx   Aug 25 - Sept 3
JKForum35   S LR      Northern VA       1142xxxxx   Aug 25 - Sep 14
Barzy       S LR      NYC               1142xxxxx   Aug 15 - Sep 8
Boonedocks  S LR      Atlanta, GA       1143376xx   Aug 25 - Sep 8
Blue Stuff  S LR      Pittsburgh, PA    11433xxxx   Aug 27 - Sep 16
GrnSqrl     S LR      Southeast PA      11433xxxx   Aug 24 - Sep 4
LeanneKC    S LR      Kansas City, MO   1143711xx   Aug 24 - Sep 13
GaryTX      S LR      Midland, TX       1143xxxxx   Aug 19 - Sep 1

Last edited:
Same exact spec here too. Feb est.
Looking at Taycans now.
Porsche Taycan S/Turbo/Turbo S: super expensive, phenomenal build quality, great handling and driving dynamics, Porsche name & status, BUT much slower than the Tesla MS with much lower max battery range and technology, interior features nowhere at the same level as Tesla. Just saying. By all means, go take a look and a test-drive and compare. Oh and a name moniker for the "Turbo" and "Turbo S" which makes absolutely no sense, although neither does the Plaid. 🤔 😜 But that's pretty much the bottom line comparison right there. ^^^^

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no way that is going to work. This car was designed to have the turn signals and be stalkless. You would literally need the entire Model 3 computer, and even then, it still wouldn't work. The car may not even drive. These cars have tons of sensors, and as soon as one little thing is off, nevermind a massive thing like this, they freak out, and often don't even drive.
My recommendation to you is to not even try this, and instead try to contact some companies that can make a top of the wheel accessory to fill in the top.🙂
Does anyone know of any companies making this steering yoke (wheel…) attachment? I had heard from an SA in June that ”they dont anticipate releasing a full wheel option, but we cant guarantee (wink) that aftermarket companies would build accessories”

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Looking the first dozen entries in the tracking sheet, it's somewhat curious that all those who got an EDD got a date range starting in August, but mine is in September despite picking up at the factory..

Wishful thinking, or do I have a chance at delivery this month?

Code:
127.0.0.0   S Plaid   San Francisco, CA 113950xxx   Aug 23 - Sep 12
MarcG       S Plaid   San Francisco, CA 113953xxx   Sepember 9-29
DukeofURL   S Plaid   NJ                11395xxxx   Aug 24 - Sep 7
SarahsDad   S Plaid   Charlotte NC      113989xxx   8/19 @ 2pm
Nauvoo      S LR      Charlotte, NC     11424xxxx   Aug 25 - Sept 3
JKForum35   S LR      Northern VA       1142xxxxx   Aug 25 - Sep 14
Barzy       S LR      NYC               1142xxxxx   Aug 15 - Sep 8
Boonedocks  S LR      Atlanta, GA       1143376xx   Aug 25 - Sep 8
Blue Stuff  S LR      Pittsburgh, PA    11433xxxx   Aug 27 - Sep 16
GrnSqrl     S LR      Southeast PA      11433xxxx   Aug 24 - Sep 4
LeanneKC    S LR      Kansas City, MO   1143711xx   Aug 24 - Sep 13
GaryTX      S LR      Midland, TX       1143xxxxx   Aug 19 - Sep 1
That's how Tesla does delivery, furthest early quarter then pulls in gradually toward the end of a quarter.

On a positive note, folks with the triple whammy of White interior, 19" wheels, Carbon fiber are finally seeing dates, at least with very old orders. Sept 7 -27 on mine today as noted earlier. Spreadsheet updated.

I got the same Tesla email others have around saying Model S delivery update.
And my Tesla account has been blank since June and now it changed today to "Sept 20-30." This is why I think it's actually a nice, real update for hundreds or likely many thousands of Tesla MS orders. As someone also said, they've probably received most or all of the missing parts required to build xxxx number of Tesla MS Plaid & LR to deliver for EOQ rush by the end of Sept...so they decided to update pretty much everyone's accounts (hopefully with somewhat accurate and reliable info & est dates) to fulfill as many "older" MS orders as possible. I was told a week or so ago by our local SC Mgr & RM that they were told by Tesla Corp to expect "mid-Sept - mid-Oct" delivery for me...and voila, today, my account updated to 9/20/21 - 9/30/21...so hopefully it sticks and my order isn't pushed to the 4th QTR, so I can finally take delivery in Sept. 🙏 👍:cool:

Last edited:
I am just hoping the time frame they gave all of us the delivery happens in that time frame. Until a VIN is assigned I would take the dates with a grain of salt.

I thought I even read it here or somewhere even now days when vin is assigned sometimes even that can disappear from the account ..

While rare, a VIN can disappear. Mine did once.

Ppf reviews from Yelp seem positive. Guess we will see. Here is what they quoted me.

Bundle price breakdown
-Full body xpel ppf wrap $6490
-All sides and back ceramic tint $675
-Silver plus ceramic coating $1195
Total $8360
Package price $7195
When I got a quote from them, they said they are running a "promotion"
Xpel ppf for $5175
Ceramic tint for $575

I didn't want full body Xpel so I went somewhere else instead.

Ordered 8/6 -> Plaid Blue, Ebony, 21. Home delivery happening 8/12. Xpel PPF/Tint/Ceramic scheduled for 8/20. Full package is $6100. Need to decide on tint levels. I think I will do 20% rear, 50% front.

Crazy. I have whiplash for how fast this happened. Wife is not happy I paid the $10K Tesla tax to change from white CF to black ebony. But I really don't like the white CF and don't want to live with it. Expensive decision. Sigh. Hopefully the car cheers me up. LOL.

Wife is also worried about sunscreen on the black seats. A legit concern. Dunno what can be done about it.
Sunscreen on dark perforated leather is a PIA (have it in wife's X) -- just don't let it sit/dry

• Helpful
With the EDD shifted to Feb, I went and reserved a M3P (wife has a M3LR and it is absolutely a blast to drive). Coming from a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I'm going to assume the M3P will give me some smiles on my daily 60~ mile work commutes. Worst case I'll have to hold off on the S and eventually trade the JGC in for CYT reservation. Best case I'll take delivery of one of my S reservations before the M3P :D

I am just hoping the time frame they gave all of us the delivery happens in that time frame. Until a VIN is assigned I would take the dates with a grain of salt.

I thought I even read it here or somewhere even now days when vin is assigned sometimes even that can disappear from the account ..
I get the sense that these dates might be an underpromise. (crazy, right) I don't have a particular reason for that besides optimism and the availability of the 19" wheels. First one coming on Saturday...

Just feels like 19s are going to start rolling.