Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S Long Dong, though I think "Long Dong" is what @sflgator is naming his car, so it'd be a bit too repetitive for some buyers
Was actually thinking of naming my car "Tiger's a pussy c-a-t" but decided that was too long so now I'm thinking "G8TR Biatch." 😜 Or maybe "Long Duck Dong" if any of you guys grew up in the 80's. LOL.

Anyhow, not into naming my cars although as I understand it, you're supposed to for your Tesla profile or whatever. I'll think of something.

Last edited:
Received the Tesla email today that was nothing but a weak apology about delays without any explanation about the root cause or constraints. Shortly there after my EDD went from blank to Dec/Jan. My vehicle order is a MS LR, white/cream, 19 inch wheels confirmed the end of February 2021. RN11457XXXX. Has anyone else with a similar RN and configuration seen this type of EDD change?
Yes I ordered in March..my page went blank on July 23rd. My SA stated September EDD. Today I woke up to Dec 13-Jan 2 EDD. Pearl White/White and black interior with wood- 21"wheels. I am hoping it gets moved up :eek:

Does anyone with white/CF interior have a delivery date estimate sooner than February now? I dont feel like going back through 40 pages in this thread…pissed mine was pushed back so far considering I preorder a damn plaid+ on battery day….just want to make sure I’m not the only one
As of today, Sept 20-30, 2021. First change I've seen in about 2 months. Ordered 2/5/21 so it's been > 6 months of delays and waiting. Plus, my car spec'd out @ $146k w/ tax (price before $10k increase though) but I've bitched and emailed and bitched and emailed our RM and local SC Mgr who supposedly got me on their "priority production planning" list (which I'm not certain means anything actually, but who knows?).

Reactions: Ormond and TNBill
Was actually thinking of naming my car "Tiger's a pussy c-a-t" but decided that was too long so name I'm thinking "G8TR Biatch." 😜 Or maybe "Long Duck Dong" if any of you guys grew up in the 80's. LOL.

Anyhow, not into naming my cars although as I understand it, you're supposed to for your Tesla profile or whatever. I'll think of something.

Just name it "Kirby" after Kirby Smart. Since he's y'all's daddy

Was actually thinking of naming my car "Tiger's a pussy c-a-t" but decided that was too long so name I'm thinking "G8TR Biatch." 😜 Or maybe "Long Duck Dong" if any of you guys grew up in the 80's. LOL.

“PeckerWood”?

So the LONG RANGE is only 2.3% longer than the Plaid, which is most likely accounted for with the weight difference.. You'd think marketing could have done a better job giving it a name.
The designation Long Range refers to the battery. Long Range and Plaid have the same battery. Therefore they are both Long Range models. Refer to Model 3 SR, SR+, Long Range, Long Range Performance.

Plaid is not a Standard Range model.

The designation Long Range refers to the battery. Long Range and Plaid have the same battery. Therefore they are both Long Range models. Refer to Model 3 SR, SR+, Long Range, Long Range Performance.

Plaid is not a Standard Range model.
Since both models utilize the same battery, the model designation mainly denotes the powertrain and the tune of the powertrain. The Long Range Powertrain is dual motor with 670 hp, while the Plaid Powertrain is tri motor with 1,020 hp.😁

Last edited:
$20,000 if you got FSD! o_O
Yes sir. Waiting for the day FSD doesn’t feel like a scam.
And they pressure all of us to buy it now or else expect the price to increase. Then give us zero trade in value and do not allow us to transfer it when upgrading cars (I just upgraded from a M3P with FSD. Yet never got FSD in the 2.5 years I owned it).

**sigh**
If I didn’t own a *sugar* ton of tesla stock all this would make me grumpy. Lol 😝

Interesting thread.

The FSD subscription is the way to go. Just sign up for a month, confirm it still sucks, then drop it for a year and try again. I paid for FSD on my first P100D back in 2016 when it was only $3,000 and that was a complete waste of money. I skipped it on my M3P but when the subscriptions came out I signed up for a month. Still a complete waste of money. Definitely not paying $10k for it on the new MS Plaid.