Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The FSD subscription is the way to go. Just sign up for a month, confirm it still sucks, then drop it for a year and try again. I paid for FSD on my first P100D back in 2016 when it was only $3,000 and that was a complete waste of money. I skipped it on my M3P but when the subscriptions came out I signed up for a month. Still a complete waste of money. Definitely not paying $10k for it on the new MS Plaid.
But, “in two weeks,” you have the “download Beta” button for FSD…. Oh, BTW, all the Beta functionality from year’s ago, is still listed as Beta in the UI. Will Smart Summon ever be anything more than a cheesy beta parlor trick? :eek:

Dozed off for a bit…woke up and checked my account and I got a new EDD tonight since it went blank from a “July” estimate on Aug 1st.

This is not exactly inspiring…
988328A7-6A12-42B4-9327-336854DEBB1B.jpeg

Plaid White/white/carbon/19”

Received the Tesla email today that was nothing but a weak apology about delays without any explanation about the root cause or constraints. Shortly there after my EDD went from blank to Dec/Jan. My vehicle order is a MS LR, white/cream, 19 inch wheels confirmed the end of February 2021. RN11457XXXX. Has anyone else with a similar RN and configuration seen this type of EDD change?
I'm 1147 and got Dec 05-25, blue/white 19 LR. I thought I had it the worst. I'm sorry

I have a funny update, well maybe odd, I got the email, hey your White 21' Cream Plaid S is delayed. Checked the account, it says: FEB, WTF. Okay, 3 hours later a get a vin, with 431. Not sure what is up, and maybe this car has been waiting in the 450 lot?
On 8/5 I too got a 431xxx VIN. Mine is 4319xx and was built 6/3. They told me mine was released after no response from the the original purchaser. Omar also has a 431xxx VIN and he thinks these are cars just waiting for parts and it is not from the misfits lot. Based on what others are saying I'm pretty comfortable with that. My EDD was 8/8 but has slipped a day each day. Now I'm looking at 8/13 - 8/15. What is your EDD?

To avoid any more "F%^% You!" replies, I'm leaving out my order date unless someone really wants to know. :cool: :)

Last edited:
The designation Long Range refers to the battery. Long Range and Plaid have the same battery. Therefore they are both Long Range models. Refer to Model 3 SR, SR+, Long Range, Long Range Performance.

Plaid is not a Standard Range model.
And don't forget, the refresh S with the longest range was not called the long range. Tesla apparently hired someone from the Microsoft Xbox naming team. :)

Has anyone received a white/white/cf interior? Reading the last 30 pages, it seems they are all February now, regardless of your order date.
Received? No, not received yet. But...as of today, Est Delivery Date Sept 20-30, 2021. First change I've seen in about 2 months with my account being blank with no est delivery date range. Ordered 2/5/21 so it's been > 6 months of delays and waiting. Plus, my car spec'd out @ $146k w/ tax (price before $10k increase though) but I've bitched and emailed and bitched and emailed our RM and local SC Mgr who supposedly got me on their "priority production planning" list (which I'm not certain means anything actually, but who knows?). Plaid - white ext w/ white/cf interior, 21" wheels, & FSD.

Reactions: impastu
The FSD subscription is the way to go. Just sign up for a month, confirm it still sucks, then drop it for a year and try again. I paid for FSD on my first P100D back in 2016 when it was only $3,000 and that was a complete waste of money. I skipped it on my M3P but when the subscriptions came out I signed up for a month. Still a complete waste of money. Definitely not paying $10k for it on the new MS Plaid.
Unfortunately, in the excitement in early April, I ordered FSD and cost went up $10K and now if I want to remove it it is a wash with new price. I really hope at the delivery time the person working with me kindly figures out a way to remove the FSD without price increase... Lets see.... Anyone else in the same boat?

Does anyone with white/CF interior have a delivery date estimate sooner than February now? I dont feel like going back through 40 pages in this thread…pissed mine was pushed back so far considering I preorder a damn plaid+ on battery day….just want to make sure I’m not the only one
My original Red/White/CF says November 25th-Dec 5th. I'm still keeping it.. 2 Plaids! Why not.. lol

Unfortunately, in the excitement in early April, I ordered FSD and cost went up $10K and now if I want to remove it it is a wash with new price. I really hope at the delivery time the person working with me kindly figures out a way to remove the FSD without price increase... Lets see.... Anyone else in the same boat?
it is a software update and thus removing it doesn't impact the final price. I have been told this by a couple sa's. You should have no trouble doing it.

I am only keeping it because I don't want to remove and get kicked back in line since mine would be less money then and not prioritized highly by tes

This is probably a dumb question, but are there any ambient lighting strips in the refresh? Watched exitstrategy's video and it looked like there was a la BMW and MB, but I'm not sure if it was the outside reflection on the trim that made it seem that way. I love my BMWs ambient lighting, would hope that the 6 fig Tesla would have at least that?