Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes, much higher amp capacity ... probably charges 4-5x faster depending on how your electrician draws from the house panel.
What? 50 amp is 50 amp. 4-5x faster. I think your very confused. The charger that comes with cars have a adapter that converts to 50 amp plug. Not talking about the 110 v setup. Just comparing the wall charger to the supplied charger both on 50 amps. Dont think the wall charger does anything higher. Or am I wrong

That makes sense except the last sentence. It is not an advantage - maybe a preference is a better word. After 6500 miles on the yoke it is an incredible non-issue. Drove a loaner prefresh yesterday while they were adjusting my car. Hated the wheel and stalks.

The S and M3 or two different cars. Reminds me of the 3 series and 5 series. Both great cars but purposed differently.
Don’t let anyone see that you believe the yoke is a nonissue. You’ll be called a fanboi and a fool! How dare you not hate it! It’s an “abortion” from what I’ve been told to believe!

Never mind that you’re 6500 miles in and I’m 5100 miles in and find it completely a nonissue. And that there are thousands of cars out there now with no issues. And that there are aspects I actually like about it. That matters not! What matters is that it’s simply wrong and we have no valid opinion, preference, or thoughts when someone knows very clearly how wrong the yoke is and how ignorant everyone that doesn’t mind it is! Even when these people in the know don’t have a car.

Because we all seem be here, I'll ask this here. Has anyone posted pros/cons regarding a new M3P vs refresh LR? I tried a simple search and found M3P vs Plaid, but I'm trying to understand the thoughts of someone who has experience with the M3P and LR. Am I by myself in contemplating which vehicle makes the most sense?
As someone who just returned the M3P after having it overnight, the M3P is not going to have the same top end as the LR (based on reports that it has a strong pull from 60-100 compared to prev gens). It also lacks the space, as well as the suspension dynamics.

That said, for the money the M3P is really a great car to have as a daily commuter. I'm really torn now, and I may actually end up with a M3P for the time being while I wait for the S.

Refreshed S LR Pros:

1. Stronger top end pull (per reports)
  2. More cargo
  3. Adjustable air suspension
  4. More refined driving characteristics w/o sacrificing handling (per reports)
  5. Range
  6. More comfortable for back passengers
  7. Better interior
M3P Pros:
  1. Cheaper (by 20-40k depending on configuration and when you ordered your MSLR)
  2. Still crazy fast for the money
  3. Go Kart like handling

What? 50 amp is 50 amp. 4-5x faster. I think your very confused. The charger that comes with cars have a adapter that converts to 50 amp plug. Not talking about the 110 v setup. Just comparing the wall charger to the supplied charger both on 50 amps. Dont think the wall charger does anything higher. Or am I wrong
I'm not an electrician (only play one on TV), but I believe the 50 amp plug connector still is limited by the capacity of the line you're plugging it into. So if it's a high capacity house line (from a higher capacity breaker at the house panel and with sufficient amp wiring to the plug) then yet you should get equal performance. But the 50 amp adapter doesn't help much if the current is limited at the house panel.

I have a funny update, well maybe odd, I got the email, hey your White 21' Cream Plaid S is delayed. Checked the account, it says: FEB, WTF. Okay, 3 hours later a get a vin, with 431. Not sure what is up, and maybe this car has been waiting in the 450 lot?

That's my VIN range - May build. Although, TBH, it's been solid, so I would not let the VIN scare you off.

5YJSA1E6XMF438

5YJSA1E55MF436xxx

Does anyone who recently got a Model S want to confirm the first 3 of the last 6 digits of their VIN for compairsons sake?

Seems like @Kyle [CK] got one out of the temp lot, but the rest of you, its hard to tell.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Does anyone who recently got a Model S want to confirm the first 3 of the last 6 digits of their VIN for compairsons sake?

Seems like @Kyle [CK] got one out of the temp lot, but the rest of you, its hard to tell.
Not necessarily. I found a Plaid 431 a few weeks back and all the flyovers since have the same cars in there. You would likely need the entire last six digits to tell, but even Omar's delivery event Plaid is 431. I thought someone else posted that they had a 430 and it was fine. 431 seems like a customer hold, hold and then finally releasing it. Odd it lasted through EoQ, but Tesla be Tesla.

Sign me up for Junior Investigative Team ;)

Does anyone with white/CF interior have a delivery date estimate sooner than February now? I dont feel like going back through 40 pages in this thread…pissed mine was pushed back so far considering I preorder a damn plaid+ on battery day….just want to make sure I’m not the only one
I am in the same situation plus red and 19" wheels.

Not necessarily. I found a Plaid 431 a few weeks back and all the flyovers since have the same cars in there. You would likely need the entire last six digits to tell, but even Omar's delivery event Plaid is 431. I thought someone else posted that they had a 430 and it was fine. 431 seems like a customer hold, hold and then finally releasing it. Odd it lasted through EoQ, but Tesla be Tesla.

Sign me up for Junior Investigative Team ;)

Well, since we had a sample size of one, I was going to write a hate article about it for clicks.

Received a $6500 quote yesterday for full body PPF. Seemed high to me but I guess not based on your post, which is probably a more competitive wrap market market than Westchester, NY given there is only one well-regarded wrap shop locally. Just wonder if PPF is worth the $ relative to going naked for a 4-5 years then getting a wrap to update the color.
That’s an interesting way to do it. But for me, every gouge during those four years will bug me. Had so many chips in my m3p, I decided I would just plunk down on the plaid, since I’m likely to keep it longer.

RN 11517 Plaid/Black/White/CF/21 got it’s first EDD this AM

December 19 - January 08​

Ordered in June post 10k price hike.

M3P I ordered last evening has an Aug 28-Sep 07 EDD; will likely take that for a bit.

Exactly. New orders of the same config are getting priority over those of us that ordered 1 year ago. All of that to make an extra $10k? That's really poor treatment of customers.

seems like 99.9% of persons who got pushed back significantly, have the white interiors.
Wasnt there someone on here recently saying he saw 1 white interior, therefore, there is zero issue/zero delays associated with the white interiors? lol
I was going to type this up, but held off because of the "well I have seen white interiors so there is no way they are delayed" responses.

Think I have only seen a handful (as in two or three) of white interiors have any sort of date range estimate besides a month in 2022. And it is crazy that 2020 orders are not the ones getting them.

Interestingly, yesterday was the first time I received a date range (other than sometimes September) - today the range went one day earlier to December 19 - January 8 as well.
I think we know we can't rely on these ranges, and they're kind of far out as well - but if that range is shifting slightly but remaining somewhat consistent I'd put some credibility to it - seems like our white interiors may be part of a batch to be shipped East.

I was at a breakfast meeting today, and someone mentioned something I was unaware of - that there's something like 5 piers of cargo containers (about 160,000 cargo containers) stuck in China, and that there are ships lined up in the Pacific to unload in California but there aren't enough workers or truck drivers.
I don't know how accurate it is, but that could help explain or illustrate some of the supply chain issues.
This has been an ongoing supply problem for some time. A few months ago, I recall the wait to get to a pier in SoCal was something around 2 weeks. It would make sense that this backlog is not getting better.

Additionally, there is an issue with return of shipping containers to China. This creates an secondary shortage in that containers to fill/ship may be a limiting factor.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Guys, P=IV, power=current x voltage. 240V x 40A (80% of 50A breaker) = 9.6kW or about 29 mi/hr charge. This is typical residential service. If you have commercial electrical service, you'll probably charge at 208V so lower power for the same current (amps).